Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 26-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
Fox 'News':

"People are dying, and I realise that, but they can't get their nails done"

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Good grief. Someone tell me it's a parody. That is one truly awful person.
Old 26-03-2020, 05:01 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickinOx View Post
It's not even clear that worked as we were doing no testing which was the other part of that policy that needed implementing to make sure the ban was effective. There's a reason we were not testing, ordering testing kits, ordering PPE, ordering ventilators, etc. Trump. All of that could have been done at pretty low economic cost, and would have had the benefit of raising production before any crisis developed.

Even if we buy his argument that the travel ban helped, by not doing the other things that would have assisted with containing and mitigating the virus we have ended up worse off.
Travel has been a contributory factor but without testing and tracing there is probably insufficient data to know whether the travel ban was already too late.

The delays in the other things you mention will likely cost more lives in the long run.

Whatever the final number Trump will continue to promote himself as the saviour of many more.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 26-03-2020, 05:07 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Good grief. Someone tell me it's a parody. That is one truly awful person.
No, it’s not a parody....but we have had some advice on hair cutting etc on TV, but it was on the One Show, not on the mainstream news coverage about people dying. But then again, maybe Fox News is light entertainment?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 26-03-2020, 05:14 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Is this source ok? They seem to think Biden is AWOL too, in more ways than one.

Krystal Ball is on the more fanatical wing of the Sanders support. She was on Newsnight. She can currently be found pushing the latest right wing attack on Biden, a pro Putin person who is claiming he assaulted her 25 years ago. Seems mostly reminiscent of the stunt by the person who claimed Warren was a cougar. Mainly being pushed by the usual right wing sites (Breitbart, etc), but the real hardcore Sanders supporters have lapped it up and joined in.

Saagar Enjetiit is a conservative commentator so I'm not surprised he'd attack the democratic candidate.

So not a great source, no. People from either end of the political spectrum who both profit from bashing Biden.

Sanders himself of course abhors this shit. He likes Biden, and when one of his surrogates leapt on one of the previous Republican talking points about Sanders being corrupt, he immediately shut it down, stopped working with them, apologised to Biden and publicly spoke against it. Speaks well of the man.

I read a good piece on it, will try dig it out for you.

Edit: Found it

Last edited by Heb 7:4; 26-03-2020 at 05:22 PM.
Old 26-03-2020, 05:31 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I thoufht i was quoting from the same outlet you did - The Hill. I maybe wrong.
Old 26-03-2020, 05:38 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Krystal Ball is on the more fanatical wing of the Sanders support. She was on Newsnight. She can currently be found pushing the latest right wing attack on Biden, a pro Putin person who is claiming he assaulted her 25 years ago. Seems mostly reminiscent of the stunt by the person who claimed Warren was a cougar. Mainly being pushed by the usual right wing sites (Breitbart, etc), but the real hardcore Sanders supporters have lapped it up and joined in.

Saagar Enjetiit is a conservative commentator so I'm not surprised he'd attack the democratic candidate.

So not a great source, no. People from either end of the political spectrum who both profit from bashing Biden.

Sanders himself of course abhors this shit. He likes Biden, and when one of his surrogates leapt on one of the previous Republican talking points about Sanders being corrupt, he immediately shut it down, stopped working with them, apologised to Biden and publicly spoke against it. Speaks well of the man.

I read a good piece on it, will try dig it out for you.

Edit: Found it

Tbh i think you are really exaggerating this ‘rabid Sanders fans’ narrative. Yes there are Idiots on the internet from all sides - yet only Sanders was asked to publically denounce anyone.

I agree it says alot about Sanders as a person, but it is also part of the reason he lost. While the DNC and various news outlets were punching Sanders repeatedly in the face ( especially after Nevada ) he did not hit back.
Old 26-03-2020, 05:42 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I thoufht i was quoting from the same outlet you did - The Hill. I maybe wrong.
As is common for many US media organisations, even Fox (though it is heavily unbalanced), they divide into news and opinion sections.

Even on Fox the news wasn't that bad, though Shep Smith quit in frustration. Chris Wallace is still hanging in there, but it's mainly opinion shite as the unhinged people talking bollocks is more popular with the public.

The Hill's pairing of a lefty and a righty to talk shit together is a depressingly familiar formula. Jon Stewart agreeing to go on CNNs crossfire just to take the awfulness of it apart was glorious, but sadly while crossfire died the format hasn't.

It's still views over news

Old 26-03-2020, 05:48 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Re Biden. The LA Time had an article this morning talking about this subject.

I took a screen shot of the first section as I don't think anyone would be able to access a link (I'm a subscriber so have access). There is a lot more:

Old 26-03-2020, 05:50 PM

It's certainly an issue for Biden. He has no elected role. Trump gets free TV every day, Biden can't even make a senate speech.
Old 26-03-2020, 06:11 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Part II:

Old 26-03-2020, 06:16 PM
The Spiky One

Part III:

Old 26-03-2020, 06:19 PM
The Spiky One

Part IV:

Old 26-03-2020, 06:21 PM
The Spiky One

Last bit:

Old 26-03-2020, 06:37 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
He is a psychopath and one of the main traits is an inability to take responsibility for failure. It is certain that as the shit hits the fan he will be shooting from the hip blaming everyone. Where the **** is Biden? MIA again. It’s as though the Dems don’t want to take the baton.
Biden has been holding briefings he is not MIA?To view the link you have to Register or Login

SaulAlinsky

Last edited by weltklasse; 26-03-2020 at 06:41 PM.
Old 26-03-2020, 06:59 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Golf Boy, I agree with you that Sanders>Biden but, at this point he's toast. The constant harping about Biden is now helping only Trump.
To put it another way, Sanders is Palace, Biden is Villa and Trump is Brighton; Palace are out of the cup so who do you want to win: AV or BAHA?

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 26-03-2020, 07:36 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Golf Boy, I agree with you that Sanders>Biden but, at this point he's toast. The constant harping about Biden is now helping only Trump.
To put it another way, Sanders is Palace, Biden is Villa and Trump is Brighton; Palace are out of the cup so who do you want to win: AV or BAHA?
If only i held that much sway that it mattered what i thought

Last edited by Golf Boy; 26-03-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 26-03-2020, 07:45 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
If things had proceeded normally Trump would have wiped the floor with Biden. I still think he probably will. However this pandemic means there are far more variables now. So even a candidate as bad as Biden might have a chance.

The knd of policies Sanders has would have been even more relevant given what is going on.
Old 26-03-2020, 07:51 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Posted at 19:2319:23
Trump hints at 'relaxed' social distancing guidelines

The White House is working to release federal social distancing guidelines that may advise some regions to loosen restrictions, President Donald Trump wrote in a letter to the governors of all 50 US states. In Thursday's letter, Trump speaks of a “long battle ahead” and says that “robust” testing protocols may allow some regions to lift their safeguards against the coronavirus.

He says the “new guidelines” will create low, medium and high risk zones that will allow the government to advise on “maintaining, increasing, or relaxing social distancing and other mitigation measures they have put in place”.

With more than three million Americans newly out of work, Trump is working hard to get the country back open by Easter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 26-03-2020, 08:32 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
If only i held that much sway that it mattered what i thought
Must spread rep! I know exactly what you mean.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 26-03-2020, 08:52 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
As is common for many US media organisations, even Fox (though it is heavily unbalanced), they divide into news and opinion sections.

Even on Fox the news wasn't that bad, though Shep Smith quit in frustration. Chris Wallace is still hanging in there, but it's mainly opinion shite as the unhinged people talking bollocks is more popular with the public.

The Hill's pairing of a lefty and a righty to talk shit together is a depressingly familiar formula. Jon Stewart agreeing to go on CNNs crossfire just to take the awfulness of it apart was glorious, but sadly while crossfire died the format hasn't.

It's still views over news

Stewert is right when he tells CNN that they have a responsibility to the public discourse, and they have failed. But probably not in the way you think.