Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Are you still going out?
Carrying on as normal. Blitz spirit. 140 34.23%
Going out but less than I was 93 22.74%
Barely going out at all 126 30.81%
Self isolating like a hermit 50 12.22%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 14-03-2020, 10:44 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Talking of bog roll, heard someone call it ‘poo tickets’ today

Which made me laugh

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Is Chivas Regal not a blend?
Yes

But a very good one

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Yes, pot noodles were disappearing fast in our Tescos as well. Bizarre. Why?
I think I'd rather way dog food
Old 14-03-2020, 10:45 PM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Went out to a pop-up restaurant meal booked a few months back with my wife, who is firmly in the "at high risk" category. Really enjoyed the evening out, but I fear that it's the last evening out we'll be having for quite some time...
Old 14-03-2020, 10:47 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
I'm in Switzerland, and other than getting some bits from the supermarket, the only time we are heading out is for walks in the woods.

You guys will be where we are in a week or so... good luck
Switzerland?
Old 14-03-2020, 10:49 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Rome View Post
Went out to a pop-up restaurant meal booked a few months back with my wife, who is firmly in the "at high risk" category. Really enjoyed the evening out, but I fear that it's the last evening out we'll be having for quite some time...
Hope the pop up restaurant doesn't fold!
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Switzerland?
If the borders are still open.

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy in Rome View Post
Hope you’re both ok.
Old 14-03-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Switzerland?
Old 14-03-2020, 10:50 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Mrs KM has got tickets for the pictures this afternoon. Worried about the film I am going to see.
Old 14-03-2020, 10:52 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Something will get me in due course. Corona Virus can join the queue . No point in stressing about it
Old 14-03-2020, 10:55 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Is Chivas Regal not a blend?
Good point well made.........

Bugger will have to go buy a single malt....

So tempted to blame Corbyn but wrong thread
Old 14-03-2020, 10:56 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Yes

But a very good one
The 15 year old one certainly is...... very enjoyable
Old 14-03-2020, 11:00 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
I have some symptoms and was in close contact with someone exhibiting strong symptoms, so I'm now self isolated. Feels like I don't have anything serious symptom wise, but in times like this it makes sense to not risk other people.

Going to spend time catching up on reading and taking it easy
Old 14-03-2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
The 15 year old one certainly is...... very enjoyable
Enjoy

Ice, water, solo ?
Old 14-03-2020, 11:03 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
As of yesterday only 43 cases reported in Chile, although I expect that number to increase quite rapidly over the next few weeks.
So life goes on as normal and yes I am going out.
Went to the super yesterday and I must admit I did buy a little more than usual.
Old 14-03-2020, 11:12 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle View Post
Good point well made.........

Bugger will have to go buy a single malt....
Drink what you enjoy drinking.

There is much snobbery in whisky, but the flavor profile in whisky is so wide that apart from being 'well-made' and aged in good quality casks, then it is a question of personal preference.

I am lucky in that I have worked with many of the big boys in the business, but I am not a whisky man, so am neutral on the subject.

I would say however that in the field of blends Johnie Walker black label is King. It is more expensive than red (undrinkable firewater) and the low end rubbish such grants, teachers, famous grouse, bells etc but is consistently excellent and has been for centuries.

Of course Blue Label and various upmarket Chivas' etc are better but in a cost to quality equation Black Label is King.

In regards single malts, my personal everyday favourite is Dalwhinnie, but also like Aberfeldy 16 and 21.

In the 'odd' market I can't recommend Glen Scotia's Victoriana and Glenmorangie's Artein enough. The former is still available the latter more difficult to acquire
Old 14-03-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:

There is much snobbery in whisky, but the flavor profile in whisky is so wide that apart from being 'well-made' and aged in good quality casks, then it is a question of personal preference.

I am lucky in that I have worked with many of the big boys in the business, but I am not a whisky man, so am neutral on the subject.

I would say however that in the field of blends Johnie Walker black label is King. It is more expensive than red (undrinkable firewater) and the low end rubbish such grants, teachers, famous grouse, bells etc but is consistently excellent and has been for centuries.

Of course Blue Label and various upmarket Chivas' etc are better but in a cost to quality equation Black Label is King.

In regards single malts, my personal everyday favourite is Dalwhinnie, but also like Aberfeldy 16 and 21.

In the 'odd' market I can't recommend Glen Scotia's Victoriana and Glenmorangie's Artein enough. The former is still available the latter more difficult to acquire
Dalwhinnie is excellent, as are Bowmore and Jura. As you say all very personal

Can’t wait for my first Turnberry trip in May to start the tasting ...
Old 14-03-2020, 11:23 PM

Quote:

Cheers watching Sky News as opposed to Mrs Browns Boys I think I will use this as a guide and over the next few months try them all out. Will let you know how I get on.
Old 14-03-2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Enjoy

Ice, water, solo ?
Usually this time of year solo. However in summer one ice cube.
Closed Thread