Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

View Poll Results: Are you still going out?
Carrying on as normal. Blitz spirit. 140 34.23%
Going out but less than I was 93 22.74%
Barely going out at all 126 30.81%
Self isolating like a hermit 50 12.22%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 26-03-2020, 12:29 AM

Mike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMike Douglas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Skateboarding on grass? Isn't that like trying to ride a bike in the sand?
This might explain my upsetness when the prat fell forward off the board, digging the front into the green - TWICE.
Old 26-03-2020, 12:39 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Douglas View Post
This might explain my upsetness when the prat fell forward off the board, digging the front into the green - TWICE.
Shame his teeth didn't land on a sprinkler head...
Old 26-03-2020, 12:22 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
If you are vulnerable and self isolating it is worth contacting your local council who will tell you where to get your free food home deliveries.

I registered for mine yesterday and have just had delivered a large food parcel from one of their help organisations.

What a wonderful service and all it took was a phone call to register for help.

COYP
Old 26-03-2020, 12:53 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
If you are vulnerable and self isolating it is worth contacting your local council who will tell you where to get your free food home deliveries.

I registered for mine yesterday and have just had delivered a large food parcel from one of their help organisations.

COYP
Must be Palace fans

Good to hear, stay safe.
Old 26-03-2020, 03:17 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Same walk at the same time today, noticeably more people about, more traffic and a queue at the supermarket.
Old 27-03-2020, 08:11 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Missed an Amazon delivery yesterday (I was in the garden) so I visited the post office to collect it today. Also I ordered some new garden roof felt from B&Q as mine was falling off. Had to let them know when I would be arriving and the felt was brought out to me in their car park. OK neither was essential but definitely both had better social distancing than a trip to the supermarket.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 27-03-2020 at 08:41 PM.
Old 27-03-2020, 08:17 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Another 7 mile walk today. Not a cloud in the sky

Glorious
Old 27-03-2020, 08:42 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Missed an Amazon delivery yesterday (I was in the garden) so I visited the post office to collect it today. Also I ordered some new garden roof felt from B&Q as mine was falling off. Had to let them know when I would be arriving and the felt was bought out to me in their car park. OK neither was essential but definitely both had better social distancing than a trip to the supermarket.
I tried to order a saw and some gravel for jobs I need to do. How did you do this call or online. I tried online click and collect and it whet Phaa nope

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 27-03-2020, 08:49 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Another 7 mile walk today. Not a cloud in the sky

Glorious
Long story but I ended up doing double that
Old 27-03-2020, 08:52 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
You got lost ?
Old 27-03-2020, 08:55 PM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Good effort
Old 27-03-2020, 09:09 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Iím still working at present at my work place but it certainly seems a different world. Everyone seems to appreciate the outside so much more now and using every excuse to get outside into it - especially with this weather the last week. Without meaning to sound too soft, we all tend to take for granted how great the world is.
Old 27-03-2020, 09:20 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post

COYP
What's in it?
Old 27-03-2020, 09:22 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Only to walk the dog for me. And to exercise my legs a bit.

Contemplating 3 PS3 purchases, but not sure they will be delivering due to this crisis. Deus Ex Human Revolution, Batman Arkham City, Unchartered 2 all used but 30 quid including delivery. Looked at Red Dead Redemption but a bit pricey at 20 notes (new, though). Need to balance budget and needs.

Last edited by PeterH; 27-03-2020 at 09:25 PM.
Old 27-03-2020, 09:23 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
You got lost ?
Nah, he went for a seven mile walk and then had to walk another seven miles to get home!
Old 27-03-2020, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
Nah, he went for a seven mile walk and then had to walk another seven miles to get home!

Iíve turned many a 7 miler into a 12 miler in the dales and lakes. Me and maps donít get on that well
Old 27-03-2020, 10:06 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:

Iíve turned many a 7 miler into a 12 miler in the dales and lakes. Me and maps donít get on that well
Ah, the old will just pop in this pub to ask directions. Those were the days.
Old 27-03-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
Ah, the old will just pop in this pub to ask directions. Those were the days.
Usually to Ďget a warmí
Old 27-03-2020, 10:17 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
The police have had nothing but cuts for years, no powers and people wonder why the public aren’t listening to them.
Old 27-03-2020, 11:57 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:

I’ve turned many a 7 miler into a 12 miler in the dales and lakes. Me and maps don’t get on that well
I'm allowed absolutely no latitude (no pun intended) in this department. I spent the first eight years of my working life in the head quarters drawing office of what used to be the Central Electricity Generating Board, drawing maps and plans - so getting it wrong simply isn't an option. It has happened, of course, but I've always managed to fudge it somehow.