Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-03-2020, 01:01 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Why having supermarket workers been given these then?
Was that "why haven't"? N95 masks? There's a serious shortage. Hospital workers don't even have enough of them.
If you can get hold of a surgical mask, wear it whenever you interact with anyone, but especially those who are at work.
Old 22-03-2020, 01:05 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Masks don’t work.
They stop you touching your face
Old 22-03-2020, 01:06 PM

twilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Masks don’t work.
Masks do offer some protection. That's why nurses, doctors, military wear them.

Additionally on the BBC's cv19 q and a yesterday a doctor said at the very least they will reduce transmission if an infected person wore one.

And it is also why advice ref marks had changed.
Old 22-03-2020, 01:09 PM

twilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetwilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I don't think that's true. They help a bit if used correctly and are the right masks. If NHS workers are recommended to wear them so should supermarket workers IMO.

True and correct answer.

All masks help. Some more than others.

By the way you need to find a other poster called Judy teen but avoid Mr soft
Old 22-03-2020, 01:20 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
A) no problem to take the dogs out, just stay min 2m from anyon else.

B) no, you need to break the links. Just because neither of you are showing symptoms you might still have it.
On point (b), I mentioned this on another thread. Are you honestly suggesting that people like myself, who are not in the at risk category but live alone, potentially go 3 months (if not longer) with no human contact whatsoever?

I know we need to be careful, and I'm not going out at the moment unless I have to or for exercise, but it's really not sustainable longer term. And there's a real risk significant mental health issues coming out of this

I can't say I know what the answer is, but there are lots of people just saying this without really thinking through what it entails.

Honestly welcome your thoughts on how that is supposed to work in practice. I haven't had any physical social contact for 7 days yet (Not isolating, but distancing). I can't do it for another 11 weeks.
Old 22-03-2020, 01:27 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilly View Post
True and correct answer.

All masks help. Some more than others.

By the way you need to find a other poster called Judy teen but avoid Mr soft
And resist the urge to come up and see me to make me smile .

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 22-03-2020, 03:36 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
You might all want to pray that your freezers don't go tech. Getting a new one seems to be impossible.
Old 22-03-2020, 03:42 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
On point (b), I mentioned this on another thread. Are you honestly suggesting that people like myself, who are not in the at risk category but live alone, potentially go 3 months (if not longer) with no human contact whatsoever?

I know we need to be careful, and I'm not going out at the moment unless I have to or for exercise, but it's really not sustainable longer term. And there's a real risk significant mental health issues coming out of this

I can't say I know what the answer is, but there are lots of people just saying this without really thinking through what it entails.

Honestly welcome your thoughts on how that is supposed to work in practice. I haven't had any physical social contact for 7 days yet (Not isolating, but distancing). I can't do it for another 11 weeks.
I guess without realising I was answering from the perspective of living with my family. Must be a lot worse if you live on your own. We go dog walking and keep 2 metres apart from anyone else. My wife and daughter stopped to talk to some people they knew but they kept their distance from each other. I think maybe going for a walk with a friend but keep your distance is what I'd do in your situation.

It's a tough one and I really do get the need to keep up contact. I'm hearing good things about Zoom too and planning to give that a go to get a whole group on one call. I also went for a cycle ride with a mate yesterday but we kept our distance even when we stopped. I did see some large groups off their bikes congregating as normal and that seemed wrong to me.
Old 22-03-2020, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
And resist the urge to come up and see me to make me smile .
True but man it was mean
Old 23-03-2020, 06:18 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
You can contract by touching an infected surface and then touching your eyes or nose - but can you pass it on doing the opposite or does it have to first go down into the lungs and then be breathed or coughed out?
Old 23-03-2020, 06:38 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
There is still a bit of confusion on self isolation vs social distancing. If you are either self isolating or “family group” isolating, you literally can’t go out of your home other than into your own garden. You need to make other arrangements for dog walking etc.
That is not right. The Government advice says "You can also leave the house to exercise – but stay at least 2 metres away from other people."

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 23-03-2020, 07:05 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't think that's true. They help a bit if used correctly and are the right masks. If NHS workers are recommended to wear them so should supermarket workers IMO.
Disposable masks are a one use item. They will be okay if you have a good seal, but the moment you break that seal they are useless.

Also consider if you have been in close proximity to someone with the virus talking face to face, then spores from the infected person will end up on your mask and on the skin around your mask. As per military nbc decontamination procedures, you would have to decontaminate your face around the mask before removing it, then dispose of the mask then decontaminate your whole face and hands.

If you have a reusable mask the same applies but you would also have to decontaminate the mask.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 23-03-2020, 09:40 AM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
At the moment, the cheap surgical masks will catch most of your germs, but may not stop you inhaling other people's airborne germs. A properly fitted FFP3 rated mask will stop your germs getting out and others getting in, but it needs proper fitting. IE beards need to be shaved off and anything else preventing a tight deal needs to be gone. You still need to clean your face and hands when you remove the mask. In the interests of hygiene and infection prevention, all beards should be shaved off as they're giant germ catchers...

Turning Wright Facebook Page

Turning Wright on Etsy

Maker of pens, turner of wood
Old 23-03-2020, 09:54 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Yep. Masks CAN help

As others have said reduce droplets you might inhale, especially larger ones. Stop you touching your face. Stop you spreading it to others when you cough and sneeze etc.

They can also make it worse if you don’t know how to use them. Fidgeting adjusting them constantly is worse than no mask. You need to dispose of them regularly. Failing to do so is effectively strapping a corona sample to your face and breathing through it! If the mask gives you a false sense of security and reduces your attention to distancing, not touching face etc you are worse off.

They CAN help but won’t for the majority

Your immune system seems to be the key. Eat healthy and try to get some exercise (without risking contact)

Social distancing

Not touching your face

Resisting unnecessary trips to shops etc..

Smack anyone who is stupid, ignorant and stubborn enough to think they know better (with a stick > 2m)! Symptoms of being such a **** include saying “it’s just a cold/flu”, “more people die of malaria”, “I’ll be ok, I survived swine flu” “it only kills old people” or having no comprehension of personal space, don’t cover mouth when coughing and sneezing etc
Old 23-03-2020, 10:09 AM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
How are people who have not hoarded food meant to get food if they can't go out?
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 23-03-2020, 11:45 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by evvo111 View Post
How are people who have not hoarded food meant to get food if they can't go out?
You can go out for food, even in the Italian lock down.

They have a permission slip system.
Old 23-03-2020, 12:22 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
You can go out for food, even in the Italian lock down.

They have a permission slip system.
Thanks.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 26-03-2020, 12:18 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Yep. Masks CAN help

As others have said reduce droplets you might inhale, especially larger ones. Stop you touching your face. Stop you spreading it to others when you cough and sneeze etc.

They can also make it worse if you don’t know how to use them. Fidgeting adjusting them constantly is worse than no mask. You need to dispose of them regularly. Failing to do so is effectively strapping a corona sample to your face and breathing through it! If the mask gives you a false sense of security and reduces your attention to distancing, not touching face etc you are worse off.

They CAN help but won’t for the majority

Your immune system seems to be the key. Eat healthy and try to get some exercise (without risking contact)

Social distancing

Not touching your face

Resisting unnecessary trips to shops etc..

Smack anyone who is stupid, ignorant and stubborn enough to think they know better (with a stick > 2m)! Symptoms of being such a **** include saying “it’s just a cold/flu”, “more people die of malaria”, “I’ll be ok, I survived swine flu” “it only kills old people” or having no comprehension of personal space, don’t cover mouth when coughing and sneezing etc
Groupon were doing two ski masks for £5 the other day. That'll do for shopping and bung the **** straight in the washing machine when you get home.
Old 26-03-2020, 07:54 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
There’s an article about masks on BBC news website if anyone would like to read more.

Interesting how in some countries you will be criticised by others, banned from shops or even arrested if you aren’t wearing one. Whereas in some countries (eg USA), people who are wearing them have been verbally abused or even attacked, especially if they look Chinese.

Medical opinion varies, but the view from most is that even if masks have a small difference, that’s worth it.

There is also opinion that masks are a visual/physical reminder that we need to follow good hygiene practice, and that people’s behaviour in general improves eg hand washing and social distancing.