Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-03-2020, 01:24 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
A bit more information from an MD support and peer mentoring group:
Fantastic post ... thanks for sharing.
Old 24-03-2020, 01:27 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's unclear how this might relate to company directors.
not at all surely if capped at 2.5k
Old 24-03-2020, 01:36 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
This bit

is going to be an issue for the company directors of a lot of small limited companies.
Why would it be a problem?
Old 24-03-2020, 01:38 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Why would it be a problem?
Because a lot of them will pay themselves a low salary and top up with dividends.
Old 24-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Because a lot of them will pay themselves a low salary and top up with dividends.
Right ... not much going on with dividends for awhile I guess..
Old 24-03-2020, 02:05 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Unlikely. No profit = no divs
Old 24-03-2020, 02:10 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Dividends are paid out of the company P&L account reserves. While a company may be losing money now, if it has historic profits in reserve, it can pay the reserves as dividends now if it so wishes. Obviously it may run out of reserves at some point, making dividends not possible then.
Old 24-03-2020, 02:13 PM

eaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good luck with the interest free loans. I've been waiting on the line for an hour to speak to Barclays. I suspect they may be busy.
Old 24-03-2020, 02:20 PM
Erect member

windy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwindy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
This bit

is going to be an issue for the company directors of a lot of small limited companies.

And this bit:

is going to be a pain for all the self employed who like to do work cash in hand and not declare it.

It’s called Karma!!
Old 24-03-2020, 02:21 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesheart View Post
Good luck with the interest free loans. I've been waiting on the line for an hour to speak to Barclays. I suspect they may be busy.
I have been waiting the same to speak to HSBC. I suspect they may know it's me on the phone
Old 24-03-2020, 02:25 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
A bit more information from an MD support and peer mentoring group:
Useful, thanks.
Old 24-03-2020, 02:25 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
As Maz said thanks very much B_E for posting the advice.

It was as I had thought, but also like Maz it hadn't occurred to me that you could rotationally furlough so to speak. (I wonder whether it was a Watford fan that came up with that)

A week on and a week off is actually a really good idea.
Old 24-03-2020, 02:29 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
One man went to furlough, went to furlough a meadow...
Old 24-03-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
One man went to furlough, went to furlough a meadow...
That's terrible.

But worse than that, far worse than that, when I have been speaking to people over the last few weeks who just don't get it, I get that woeful coca cola, christmas lorry advert repeating in the back of my head

corona virus is coming, corona virus is coming....
Old 24-03-2020, 02:52 PM
Poker King

Jukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
Furlough is fine enough, but should be only used by companies when all other avenues avoided, why can’t people take it as holiday. ?
I assume you do not run your own business?
Old 24-03-2020, 03:32 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
As Maz said thanks very much B_E for posting the advice.

It was as I had thought, but also like Maz it hadn't occurred to me that you could rotationally furlough so to speak. (I wonder whether it was a Watford fan that came up with that)

A week on and a week off is actually a really good idea.

It's acracker ; b_e is a real star. Effectively, I can if necessary reduce people to working 1/2 day weeks without them being penalised.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 24-03-2020, 03:46 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
So Britannia Hotels sacked staff and then took them back on with this scheme. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 24-03-2020, 08:52 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
My missus works at a nursery. They, like schools, have been told they have to work to look after key children. They had 1 kid in today and 30 staff.

She received a message this afternoon that her nursery is closing but they are merging with their ‘hub’ nursery at another location. Now I’m not best pleased that she’s having to go to work in the first place, potentially risking the health of herself, our two year old son and her dad who lives with us (has had two heart attacks so is in the ‘at risk’ category I believe, as he gets out of breath walking up the stairs!), but understand that doctors kids need to be looked after, so I don’t know the solution to that..

But from a legal point of view, could she turn round and refuse to work at this other venue that is not her ‘contracted place of work’? Does she have a right to refuse to work on government advice that we shouldn’t work ‘unless absolutely necessary’ (30:1 ratio is not necessary)? Could she say she’s potentially risking her fathers life if she catches the virus at work and brings it home to him?

Would she be entitled to this new government scheme or not?

Her manager doesn’t seem to have a clue about her options regards to pay either!
Old 24-03-2020, 08:57 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Does she have a right to refuse to work on government advice that we shouldn’t work ‘unless absolutely necessary’
That's not the advice is it?

(BTW, does she actually have a specific place of work in her contract? )

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 24-03-2020, 09:09 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
That's not the advice is it?

(BTW, does she actually have a specific place of work in her contract? )

Well it says ‘your place of work will be xxxx’, although as it’s a nursery chain that she works for I guess that might not have much weight behind it.