Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-03-2020, 09:24 PM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is hereMax_Power Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
My missus works at a nursery. They, like schools, have been told they have to work to look after key children. They had 1 kid in today and 30 staff.

She received a message this afternoon that her nursery is closing but they are merging with their ‘hub’ nursery at another location. Now I’m not best pleased that she’s having to go to work in the first place, potentially risking the health of herself, our two year old son and her dad who lives with us (has had two heart attacks so is in the ‘at risk’ category I believe, as he gets out of breath walking up the stairs!), but understand that doctors kids need to be looked after, so I don’t know the solution to that..

But from a legal point of view, could she turn round and refuse to work at this other venue that is not her ‘contracted place of work’? Does she have a right to refuse to work on government advice that we shouldn’t work ‘unless absolutely necessary’ (30:1 ratio is not necessary)? Could she say she’s potentially risking her fathers life if she catches the virus at work and brings it home to him?

Would she be entitled to this new government scheme or not?

Her manager doesn’t seem to have a clue about her options regards to pay either!
Alright mate - trade union official here.

As far as educational institutions are concerned contracts don’t seem to hold much weight at the minute as the government have been throwing out edicts and leaving those in the profession to interpret as they see fit.

However, as I understand it employers should be doing all that they can to ensure that the workplace is safe for staff and if there are 30 staff to 1 kid I would be arguing that this is completely unnecessary and putting 28 of those at risk for almost no reason at all.

Is your wife in a Union? We have very few nursery in the Union I work for but if any are recognised by employer now would be a good time to join and get advice.
Old 24-03-2020, 09:27 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles #1 View Post
My missus works at a nursery. They, like schools, have been told they have to work to look after key children. They had 1 kid in today and 30 staff.

She received a message this afternoon that her nursery is closing but they are merging with their ‘hub’ nursery at another location. Now I’m not best pleased that she’s having to go to work in the first place, potentially risking the health of herself, our two year old son and her dad who lives with us (has had two heart attacks so is in the ‘at risk’ category I believe, as he gets out of breath walking up the stairs!), but understand that doctors kids need to be looked after, so I don’t know the solution to that..

But from a legal point of view, could she turn round and refuse to work at this other venue that is not her ‘contracted place of work’? Does she have a right to refuse to work on government advice that we shouldn’t work ‘unless absolutely necessary’ (30:1 ratio is not necessary)? Could she say she’s potentially risking her fathers life if she catches the virus at work and brings it home to him?

Would she be entitled to this new government scheme or not?

Her manager doesn’t seem to have a clue about her options regards to pay either!
The nursery need to start operating a rota.
Old 24-03-2020, 09:35 PM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
A bit more information from an MD support and peer mentoring group:
Thanks for posting this. Any chance of a bit more info on the source, want to pass it onto my boss as he’s closed the business and is trying to do the right thing but I worry he’ll be caught out by not giving the appropriate notice of being furloughed or something.
Old 24-03-2020, 10:35 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Because a lot of them will pay themselves a low salary and top up with dividends.
To avoid/pay lower tax. You can’t have it both ways.
Old 24-03-2020, 11:09 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEagle View Post
To avoid/pay lower tax. You can’t have it both ways.
exacta mundo, unless of course you pay your partner and adult children...
Old 24-03-2020, 11:10 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can’t do that over here. €8,000 before tax kicks in, so doesn’t matter if I pay it to myself or split across the family.
Old 25-03-2020, 12:25 AM
Been, Seen, Done.

palaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalaceporky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
A bit more information from an MD support and peer mentoring group:
Really is great information B.E.
Cheers.
Old 25-03-2020, 09:32 AM

eaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I have been waiting the same to speak to HSBC. I suspect they may know it's me on the phone
Did you get through in the end ?
I'm trying again today. 75mins so far
Old 25-03-2020, 09:34 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesheart View Post
Did you get through in the end ?
I'm trying again today. 75mins so far
So sorry eaglesheart, I didn't actually try and call them, I was just making a joke. (very poor one) I have been known to not like business/corporate bank managers.
Old 25-03-2020, 09:44 AM

eaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No problem. It's not as if I have loads to do and it stops my missus finding jobs for me.
Old 25-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
More on the subject of rotating furlough from a legal source.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Unhelpfully, it reads “ The guidance is unclear as to whether these arrangements would be permitted“.

Clarity required.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-03-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
More on the subject of rotating furlough from a legal source.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Unhelpfully, it reads “ The guidance is unclear as to whether these arrangements would be permitted“.

Clarity required.
I think we will have to be patient on this one. There must be a ton of shit to sort out, portals to build, loopholes to examine etc

But while it is not ready I think it was good the government announced it ahead of time, better to know it is coming but not have the detail, than folk get sacked all over the shop.

Carry on paying your employees and be patient is all we can do.

Oh and my financial controller spoke to Tower Hamlets re: business rates - we have to carry on paying them, but were allowed to claim relief on the car parking spaces we are no longer using.
Old 25-03-2020, 10:00 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I think we will have to be patient on this one. There must be a ton of shit to sort out, portals to build, loopholes to examine etc

But while it is not ready I think it was good the government announced it ahead of time, better to know it is coming but not have the detail, than folk get sacked all over the shop.

Carry on paying your employees and be patient is all we can do.
You’re right, but I will be drawing up a furlough rotation plan to be implemented hopefully mid April at the latest.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-03-2020, 10:05 AM

Bluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What happens if the company can't afford to pay the 80% up front?
Old 25-03-2020, 10:06 AM
Semper Idem

Loans?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-03-2020, 10:06 AM
Failed lorry driver.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
No problem. It's not as if I have loads to do and it stops my missus finding jobs for me.
I bet it doesn't.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 25-03-2020, 10:09 AM

Bluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBluewater eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Loans?
If they can get one, the bank won't even allow them an overdraft.
If they can get a loan at all the money will be spent feeding the animals. I work at a wildlife park.
Old 25-03-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Loans?
I'm just about to hang up after 2 hours trying to secure a business loan. May not be as straightforward as the government might have you believe.
Old 25-03-2020, 10:13 AM

I'm going to hang up as Popmaster is starting soon.
Old 25-03-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I'm going to hang up as Popmaster is starting soon.
39 points