Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 25-03-2020, 01:44 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Awful news , as others have said sorted out the trains back in the day with the others. RIP Maurice .
Old 25-03-2020, 01:54 AM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott View Post
Oh no!
I can still remember going to that little building (prefab?) after home games to book up for one of those Palace specials!
RIP Maurice!
First time I entered the Prefab and the first time I met Maurice was after the Blackburn game in Oct of 74. We signed up for the first Rail Travellers trip to Port Vale on the following Saturday. Train to Stoke, then a bus to the ground and coming back a bus brought us to Crewe where we picked up the train. After that the Rail travelers Club really took off. I remember his wife used to travel with him and he had a side kick called John Vine. He was smart enough to give some of the hard cases a free trip in return for monitoring a couple of carriages and anyone who went to Sunderland in the Cup got a free trip to Mansfield. Am I imagining it, but did those Specials go direct to Mansfield from Selhurst Station?
Thanks for the memories Maurice. R.I.P mate
Old 25-03-2020, 03:46 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
An excuse to post this again:

I went to Sunderland, but don't recall being offered free travel to Mansfield. Maybe that was for the people on the train that broke down on route to Sunderland... We were on the first train and it go there before the game, but the second one got there in the end, but after KO I believe. Perhaps the free tickets were compensation.
Old 25-03-2020, 05:55 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
RIP.
Old 25-03-2020, 06:18 AM

olly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Top man and top supporter sadly missed and thanks for so many fantastic away day memories

RIP a legend
Old 25-03-2020, 07:11 AM

wighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwighteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Such sad news. Maurice was a lovely man, one of the best. I was in the rail club in the 70s too and have fantastic memories of the away days. Thank you for all the happy memories. Hope Palace arrange a tribute when we are back to normal, it is deserved.
RIP Maurice, you will never be forgotten.
Old 25-03-2020, 07:24 AM
Failed lorry driver.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
RIP

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 25-03-2020, 07:29 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
He let me go back to Bury, as long as I sat next to him. Lol. Just as I did, I watched Quin get nicked.

Rest in peace mate.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 25-03-2020, 07:40 AM

jjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
He let me go back to Bury, as long as I sat next to him. Lol. Just as I did, I watched Quin get nicked.

Rest in peace mate.
That wouldn't have been for the incident with the corner flag would it? Blimey, that takes me back.
Old 25-03-2020, 07:44 AM

Merrow eagle is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidMerrow eagle is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidMerrow eagle is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidMerrow eagle is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidMerrow eagle is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidMerrow eagle is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidMerrow eagle is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidMerrow eagle is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidMerrow eagle is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidMerrow eagle is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she saidMerrow eagle is sweet in winter, sweet in rain - shake well before use she said
RIP Maurice
Top Top bloke
I remember the free trip to Mansfield which was put on due to all the delays getting to Sunderland, got in the ground just before half time if I recall correctly, In time to see Whittle score though. Massive support for an away game at Mansfield.
Happy Days
Old 25-03-2020, 07:46 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeagle View Post
That wouldn't have been for the incident with the corner flag would it? Blimey, that takes me back.
Yes. But not me. Plod had the right hump.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 25-03-2020, 07:52 AM

JannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
An excuse to post this again:

I went to Sunderland, but don't recall being offered free travel to Mansfield. Maybe that was for the people on the train that broke down on route to Sunderland... We were on the first train and it go there before the game, but the second one got there in the end, but after KO I believe. Perhaps the free tickets were compensation.
We were on the first train but still got free travel to Mansfield, probably thanks to 'Mole' though.
I sold my fedora to a Glaswegian for a quid.
RIP Maurice
Old 25-03-2020, 07:53 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
RIP Mr Crystal Palace

Never knew Maurice as always seemed to be on a different coach but thru all the turbulence at the club and occasional successes his name was a constant and reassuring . As an aside is Neil Everiitt still photographer and guessing Rev Nigel Sands has departed too ?
Old 25-03-2020, 07:54 AM

mpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sad news.
As others have said, a lovely man who always made you welcome down at Mitcham.
He would approach you as you tentatively watched the team training, and encourage you to use the canteen and get the players autographs.
He lived and breathed the club, God bless you Maurice .
RIP .
Old 25-03-2020, 07:58 AM

JannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeagle View Post
Me too! I cant remember how many times we decided to change ends before kick off - I know we were in their end just before the corner flag incident!
I also remember being up in the seats at least once!
Good old days!
Old 25-03-2020, 08:21 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
RIP Mr Crystal Palace

Never knew Maurice as always seemed to be on a different coach but thru all the turbulence at the club and occasional successes his name was a constant and reassuring . As an aside is Neil Everiitt still photographer and guessing Rev Nigel Sands has departed too ?
I'm sure I saw Neil behind the lens at Saints away and/or Watford away this season.
Old 25-03-2020, 08:24 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhursthoover View Post
Very Sad News today folks,

Maurice Drewitt passed away at the age of 83 this morning, he died from Cancer.

He was a gentleman, and all round decent bloke, deepest sympathy to his family circle and I know everyone on here will send their condolence's.

SLEEP WELL MAURICE, WE DID APPRECIATE ALL THAT YOU DONE FOR US FANS, OF WHICH YOU WERE ONE,

Safe In The Arms Of Jesus.
Well said Selhhooverurst
Just wanted to add to that by saying i remember him from the early Seventies, when he was involved in so many Palace activities to raise funds for the club. He really was a true Palace man to the core.

R.I.P Maurice Drewitt
Old 25-03-2020, 08:32 AM

Dogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDogburger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can Just see him now getting off the train as it pulls into Heaven ''Palace boys we are here ooo ooo ''

RIP Mr Crystal Palace
Old 25-03-2020, 08:45 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
On the broken down Sunderland train. Where’s my free train ticket to Mansfield!

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 25-03-2020, 08:48 AM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
RIP