Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Whi finishes higher?
Palace finish higher 49 35.51%
Brighton finish higher 52 37.68%
Couldn't give a fly f--k, as it's largely irrelevant. 33 23.91%
Moo 4 2.90%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2022, 10:11 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
POLL - Will we finish above Brighton?

With three games to go for us, and two for them who is going to finish higher?

Will BHA finally manage to finish higher than us in many a moon, or will our superiority see us rightly back to where we should be come the evening of 22nd?

Our fixtures;

Villa (a)
Everton (a)
Man Utd (h).

Theirs;

Leeds (a)
West Ham (h).

As things stand..

P W D L GF GL GD PTS

9th - Brighton and Hove Albion 36 11 14 11 38 42 -4 47

10th - Crystal Palace 35 10 14 11 46 42 +4 44
Old 10-05-2022, 10:13 AM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
No we won't, this is their moment
Old 10-05-2022, 10:18 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
I think we will on goal difference.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:19 AM

Dodds is like ice, their footing does betrayDodds is like ice, their footing does betrayDodds is like ice, their footing does betrayDodds is like ice, their footing does betrayDodds is like ice, their footing does betrayDodds is like ice, their footing does betrayDodds is like ice, their footing does betrayDodds is like ice, their footing does betrayDodds is like ice, their footing does betrayDodds is like ice, their footing does betrayDodds is like ice, their footing does betray
If they finish a place or two higher, I really won't be that bothered, we got to a FA Cup semi final and a day out a Wembley and they didn't, think most people would prefer that.

Last edited by Dodds; 10-05-2022 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:20 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
No we won't, this is their moment
How crestfallen will they be if we pip them
Old 10-05-2022, 10:23 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I think whilst it still in our hands still (sort of because of the GD), they have the 3 points advantage so make them slight favourites. I think they'll probably get 4 points from the last two games.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:23 AM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
How crestfallen will they be if we pip them
which is why I am being unusually halt empty on this one!
Old 10-05-2022, 04:30 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Wouldn't it be a shame if, not only we pip them, but Leicester split them and us and deny them a top ten finish.

Please, let it happen.....
Old 10-05-2022, 04:33 PM

Supersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSupersonic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
honestly I don't really care. Considering Potter has had 3 seasons of developing that side, and Vieira just 1, plus we reached a cup semi final ... pretty clear to me which club is in the better place going into next season regardless of who finishes on top this time around.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:39 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Hate to admit it but they appear to be playing very well at the moment (coincides with Maupay not starting?).

It took a while to get their act together, which in some ways bodes well for Palace's development over the next season or two.

At the end of the day, I don't think there is much between the two teams, so a little give and take is OK IMO.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:47 PM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Looking at the fixtures it is hard to see us climbing above them.
Old 10-05-2022, 04:48 PM
Brahms and List

Ant.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is hereAnt.Palace Sam the man is here
I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed them beating the wankers, though I feel dirty saying that.

But Leeds are fighting for their lives, and West Ham are pretty good these days so we've still got a good chance
Old 10-05-2022, 04:48 PM

SelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSelsEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not really arsed unless we finish say 15th and them 8th

I'd take a cup run over a couple league positions.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:09 PM

It certainly matters to me living in and around the Sussex area and having quite a few Brighton mates - maybe that says more about me than anything else and my choice of mates
Old 10-05-2022, 10:37 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Bha always seem to get a result against the hammers
Old 10-05-2022, 10:40 PM

palace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is herepalace_burger Sam the man is here
3 wins and 8th is ours!
Old 16-05-2022, 11:44 AM

That late Leeds goal could prove pivotal. Win both our games and we finish above them (assuming BHA don't hit West Ham for a hatful). Even a win and a draw might be enough, or even a single win if BHA lose to WHU.

It really would give me massive pleasure to finish above them.
Old 16-05-2022, 11:46 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
I think we will on goal difference.
This. It's going to be painful for them.

Of course if we don't then we can look back on this knowing how lucky they've been this season and how many shit refs we've had to play against. Whilst I'm delighted that Everton lost last game it does mean that they'll go full into us. There are 2 players they won't have though.
Old 16-05-2022, 11:49 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Looking at the fixtures it is hard to see us climbing above them.
Who do you support again?
Old 16-05-2022, 11:50 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
honestly I don't really care. Considering Potter has had 3 seasons of developing that side, and Vieira just 1, plus we reached a cup semi final ... pretty clear to me which club is in the better place going into next season regardless of who finishes on top this time around.
This is true, but I do care.