Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:03 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Yes they are still training with Palace and Daly can play for the 23s still.

18s lost 5-0 at home to Sheffield Wednesday today

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 01-09-2018, 10:33 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
They are still training with Palace in the week no doubt, just playing for Kingstonian, who are part timers.
Conner dymond at kingstonian I think
Old 03-09-2018, 03:05 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace U23 4 Barnsley U23 0

Kian Flanagan with a hat-trick including 2 penalties as Palace win with 4 second half goals at Selhurst Park after Barnsley had dominated the first half.

COYP
Old 03-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Palace since 1970

Gazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Agree to an extent, it would have been better to see him playing at a higher level but I don't think there was serious interest. He is only a first-year pro - and it's only two games into the season - so I don't think it's a concern at all.

A former Palace youth team player who plays regularly at a club not in the Football League said to me that he thinks every young player should get experience of senior football out on loan. What people often refer to as "3 point football" where (cliche sorry) people are playing to pay their mortgages etc and it actually means something.

An agent said to me that a PL club should be getting players out to League 1 at the lowest otherwise it's pointless.

I'm of the same opinion as the former youth team player. For James Daly, Under 23 football won't be challenging enough, he needs to get experience playing against men every week, especially in his position. His hold-up play should hopefully improve immensely. He's a player who is much better without his back to goal but if he can improve that then he's got a much better chance of being a pro somewhere (possibly here).

The other benefit is that now Levi and Lokilo are gone, TQ Addy will play 90 minutes most weeks for the 23s despite being a first-year scholar. The lad is an excellent player, who people have compared in style to Bolasie - he'll get you up the pitch rapidly, but he can't finish for toffee.

It also means Rob Street will play every week in the 23s as a first-year scholar. For me he is a better prospect than Daly. An absolute machine, he'll chase everything for you. Brilliant in the air and good with the ball at his feet, already about 6ft at 17, he'll probably grow a few more inches and be a great option as a Connor Wickham type Target Man.

It will be a very young U23 side this season which is what I've wanted for a few years now. Lumeka and Lokilo have almost 100 appearances at U23 level between them. That's too many.
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to update the BBS. Very helpful.

Norman Wisdom.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:20 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I see Daly on the team sheet. I thought he had gone out on loan?

Edit: I just saw Woosie's post above... stand down.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:17 PM

hedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know Flanagan got the goals but was impressed with woods, byron and McGregor

Be interested to hear the thoughts of Woosie and gazza though as I value those
Old 04-09-2018, 08:33 AM

Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
Difficult to have much of an opinion on Woods and Bryon as I've not seen them play as much as I would have normally done for lads their age as they've both missed fair bit of time due to injuries. Both have at times played at the back and in midfield. Centre Back looks the more natural position for both to me.
Gio is modern holding midfielder. Happiest in central role. Strong in tackle, disciplined, keeps ball moving well with measured short passes rather than attempting Hollywood long passes. He'll have a career but will probably have to drop down a few divisions in order to kick start it.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:39 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Keep up the good work "Woosie" it's much appreciated.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:44 AM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Difficult to have much of an opinion on Woods and Bryon as I've not seen them play as much as I would have normally done for lads their age as they've both missed fair bit of time due to injuries. Both have at times played at the back and in midfield. Centre Back looks the more natural position for both to me.
Gio is modern holding midfielder. Happiest in central role. Strong in tackle, disciplined, keeps ball moving well with measured short passes rather than attempting Hollywood long passes. He'll have a career but will probably have to drop down a few divisions in order to kick start it.
Sorry "Gazza2" i meant to add your name alongside Woosie for the excellent reporting of our Youth Teams progress that you both enlighten us on, again it's much appreciated.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Palace since 1970

Gazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Sorry "Gazza2" i meant to add your name alongside Woosie for the excellent reporting of our Youth Teams progress that you both enlighten us on, again it's much appreciated.
Seconded

Norman Wisdom.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:48 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Brandon Aveiro has signed his first professional contract with Palace.

In classic Palace style they have misspelled his name.

This pro was attached to his scholarship

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 04-09-2018, 10:44 PM

Jman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Brandon Aveiro has signed his first professional contract with Palace.

In classic Palace style they have misspelled his name.

This pro was attached to his scholarship

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Is he highly rated? I think I remember someone mentioning him as someone to look out for a while back?
Old 05-09-2018, 08:04 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Yeah that was me.

Palace rate him very highly, first scholar for two years to have a pro attached to their scholarship. Getting rarer these days.

Personally I think the jury is out still. He is being used as a left winger in the 3 of a 4-2-3-1 formation. My opinion is that he is wasted in this role and would be much better as a no10 which he was previously.

He's quick, diminutive, and plays neat intricate passes. Reminds me a lot of Jonny Williams.

But equally those are the types of players who struggle to make it in English football, regardless of how it is evolving. We'll see. I know there was consideration given to him playing up this season with the 23s but they don't currently have room for him.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:

first scholar for two years to have a pro attached to their scholarship. Getting rarer these days.

Out of interest Woosie, who was the previous one?
Old 05-09-2018, 05:44 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Francis Baptiste I think

Old 05-09-2018, 07:07 PM

Jman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Yeah that was me.

Palace rate him very highly, first scholar for two years to have a pro attached to their scholarship. Getting rarer these days.

Personally I think the jury is out still. He is being used as a left winger in the 3 of a 4-2-3-1 formation. My opinion is that he is wasted in this role and would be much better as a no10 which he was previously.

He's quick, diminutive, and plays neat intricate passes. Reminds me a lot of Jonny Williams.

But equally those are the types of players who struggle to make it in English football, regardless of how it is evolving. We'll see. I know there was consideration given to him playing up this season with the 23s but they don't currently have room for him.
Ah thanks - let's hope he gets his lucky break
Old 06-09-2018, 06:42 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Under 18s lost 3-1 away at Bolton today.

On the plus side a 14-year-old made his debut at that level and another U16 was on the bench

Old 08-09-2018, 02:41 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Watched the Under 16s lose 3-2 at home to Arsenal today.

First half they were really poor and conceded two very poor goals through basic errors, but second half vastly improved.

Hit the post with 3 minutes to go and then missed a last minute penalty as well.

Two very good individual performances though.

Arsenal had a lad they bought from Ipswich called Marcelo Flores and he was outstanding.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:31 PM

Bobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBobby Smith : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Under 18s lost 3-1 away at Bolton today.

On the plus side a 14-year-old made his debut at that level and another U16 was on the bench
Who was the 14 year old?
Old 09-09-2018, 06:58 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

His name is Ryan Bartley. A well-built, relatively quick RB released by Fulham a couple of years ago. Another Junior Elite alumni. Naturally he is being swarmed around by agents. Looks to me like USM will get him which probably isn't a bad thing all told.