Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-11-2021, 10:49 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Banks reminds me of Ambrose. Great finisher, great from dead balls but does he have the physical attributes to succeed at the top level?

I'm not sure.
Ambrose had around 400 games in his career, with the vast majority (375 ish) for clubs in the top 2 divisions. I think Banks would be happy with that either here or elsewhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 12-11-2021, 01:25 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Ambrose had around 400 games in his career, with the vast majority (375 ish) for clubs in the top 2 divisions. I think Banks would be happy with that either here or elsewhere.
Yeah of course he would.

I just mean their skill set seem smililar. Not their level. If any player reaches Ambrose's level they will have had a great career.

I'm just musing on whether he is likely to ever make it at PL level for us.
Old 12-11-2021, 01:29 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Hes only 20 , Ill give him time to develop.
Yeah, me too. That's why I said I'm not sure. I don't know the answer.
Old 12-11-2021, 01:44 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yeah of course he would.

I just mean their skill set seem smililar. Not their level. If any player reaches Ambrose's level they will have had a great career.

I'm just musing on whether he is likely to ever make it at PL level for us.
He doesn't seem to have any extreme qualities, like JRS does. He has excellent free kicks and dead balls but I'm not sure if he is a Premier League player in the making. Ideally he's should be sent out on loan to a good quality league (Scottish Premier, Championship or top of L1) to see if he's got that level.
Old 12-11-2021, 02:08 PM
21 years for 5137 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Banks reminds me of Ambrose. Great finisher, great from dead balls but does he have the physical attributes to succeed at the top level?
Good spot...I agree with that.

I must admit and at the risk of getting slaughtered on here...that's how I thought of Beckham...well, the finishing and dead ball bit. I saw him and Ambrose as similar types in style and what they could bring to a team.
Old 12-11-2021, 02:23 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o View Post
Good spot...I agree with that.

I must admit and at the risk of getting slaughtered on here...that's how I thought of Beckham...well, the finishing and dead ball bit. I saw him and Ambrose as similar types in style and what they could bring to a team.
Beckham was a wonderful crosser and passer as well though. He used to get up and down the pitch a lot too. I suspect he was stronger in the tackle as well?

I don't think Ambrose's passing was quite good enough to establish himself fully in the PL and that slight lack of pace/ physicality were factors too. I absolutely loved him at Palace though. He was always a potential match winner and we didn't always have many of them during his time with us.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:58 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
I suspect he was stronger in the tackle as well?
Absolutely, he was. The three season ticket holders who sat with me at the time all used to get furious at Ambrose's lack of effort in the tackle. They also got annoyed at his work rate

But I was forever arguing with them on the subject. Not that I thought that Ambrose did tackle and work hard. But that I was forever arguing that if his game included those attrributes he wouldn't be playing for Palace at the bottom of the Championship; he would be in the Prem

Darren had some outstanding Prem quality skills, and had a really good career, but it could have been even better if he had Gallagher's determination. That's the sort of thoughts that young Banks should be realising
Old 12-11-2021, 11:59 PM
one love

AJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is here
Joe is starting in goal tomorrow for England U18s vs Belgium, can watch on the Pinatar Tournament YouTube channel
Old 13-11-2021, 12:25 AM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ8 View Post
Joe is starting in goal tomorrow for England U18s vs Belgium, can watch on the Pinatar Tournament YouTube channel
Really hope he has a good game.

I watched a bit of the first game and was very unimpressed by the other keeper from Charlton so if he has a good game perhaps he can cement himself as the number 1.
Old 13-11-2021, 11:05 AM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Apologies if this has already been answered but what round do we enter the FA Youth Cup?
Old 13-11-2021, 11:33 AM

ANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANTEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
Apologies if this has already been answered but what round do we enter the FA Youth Cup?
3rd round. The same as the fa cup. The 2nd round is this week including Charlton v Wimbledon. 3rd round is post 11th December.
Old 13-11-2021, 11:39 AM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTEAGLE View Post
3rd round. The same as the fa cup. The 2nd round is this week including Charlton v Wimbledon. 3rd round is post 11th December.
Thanks
Old 13-11-2021, 04:51 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
All 4 of our boys start for England U18s against Belgium today.

Link to watch:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-11-2021, 05:40 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looked like Joe Whitworth was captain today.
Old 13-11-2021, 05:53 PM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
All 4 of our boys start for England U18s against Belgium today.

Link to watch:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thanks. What nos are our outfield Palace players wearing?
Old 13-11-2021, 06:04 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Looked like Joe Whitworth was captain today.
Old 13-11-2021, 06:11 PM
one love

AJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hong_kong_hg View Post
Thanks. What nos are our outfield Palace players wearing?
Joe #13
Rodney #16
Wells-Morrison #23
Akinwale #19
Old 13-11-2021, 06:11 PM
one love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
Old 13-11-2021, 06:17 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Akinwale should have got a free kick at the end of the half, outside the box but a red card. Clear shove.
Old 13-11-2021, 06:18 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Whitworth looks so secure with the ball at his feet.