Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #10681  
Old 07-12-2021, 10:27 AM
Gazza2 Gazza2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Beckenham
Age: 54
Posts: 7,383
Rep Power: 21474857
Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hart View Post
Mandela Egbo really has had a disappointing career since leaving us. Of all the players you used to report on each week on Palace Radio, I think I'm right in saying that he was the one who (at the time) was the most exciting prospect

It just goes to show how difficult it is to predict these things. Youngsters develop their skills and attributes at different rates and Egbo (and the likes of Allassani) who were ahead of others at 16 seemed to stop developing at that point, and others overtook them
Sadly very true Ian. Egbo was best young player we had in his year group. He was an England youth international and played quite a few minutes in an England U17 side captained by Joe Gomez (then a Charlton U18) which won the Euro Finals. On the plus side, he is now 24 and has made what would have been a reasonable living from football while at Borussia Monchengladbach, Darmstadt & New York Red Bulls without having played more than a handful of first team games. I am sure he will also have gained valuable life experiences from living & working abroad at a young age. He always came across as being one of the more intelligent / switched on youngsters so he has probably made the most of his time living in Germany and NY. It will be interesting to see what he does next. Does he want to play lower league football back in England or will he try and get another club abroad or will he decide to give up football and move into another line of work?

I know academy football has got a lot more sophisticated in the last decade with more patience being shown in the development of lads who are smaller physically but there is still a need for the smaller lads to be able to cope with playing against fully grown men as they move up to U23 level. Same cope immediately, some take time to adjust but can then cope but some never do cope with it.

Reise Allassani is 25 now and I cannot find any trace of him currently playing football (can anyone else?). He has done a couple of interviews where he argued that being given a big contract at a young age was not the reason that he failed to kick on from his youthful potential. I agree with him on that point. When I used to watch him regularly after he moved up from being an in demand star at U16 level to playing U18s, he struggled in the U18s physically. He was a small lad and it was difficult for him playing up against defenders who were often twice his size. He would have 1 really good game then have 4 quiet games where he barely featured. His struggles were not due to any lack of effort. By the time he was in U21s as I think it was still back then, the struggle was even harder for him and you could almost feel his frustration.

Last edited by Gazza2; 07-12-2021 at 10:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10682  
Old 07-12-2021, 11:06 AM
Stinger1 Stinger1 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12,178
Rep Power: 21474845
Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Sadly very true Ian. Egbo was best young player we had in his year group. He was an England youth international and played quite a few minutes in an England U17 side captained by Joe Gomez (then a Charlton U18) which won the Euro Finals. On the plus side, he is now 24 and has made what would have been a reasonable living from football while at Borussia Monchengladbach, Darmstadt & New York Red Bulls without having played more than a handful of first team games. I am sure he will also have gained valuable life experiences from living & working abroad at a young age. He always came across as being one of the more intelligent / switched on youngsters so he has probably made the most of his time living in Germany and NY. It will be interesting to see what he does next. Does he want to play lower league football back in England or will he try and get another club abroad or will he decide to give up football and move into another line of work?

I know academy football has got a lot more sophisticated in the last decade with more patience being shown in the development of lads who are smaller physically but there is still a need for the smaller lads to be able to cope with playing against fully grown men as they move up to U23 level. Same cope immediately, some take time to adjust but can then cope but some never do cope with it.

Reise Allassani is 25 now and I cannot find any trace of him currently playing football (can anyone else?). He has done a couple of interviews where he argued that being given a big contract at a young age was not the reason that he failed to kick on from his youthful potential. I agree with him on that point. When I used to watch him regularly after he moved up from being an in demand star at U16 level to playing U18s, he struggled in the U18s physically. He was a small lad and it was difficult for him playing up against defenders who were often twice his size. He would have 1 really good game then have 4 quiet games where he barely featured. His struggles were not due to any lack of effort. By the time he was in U21s as I think it was still back then, the struggle was even harder for him and you could almost feel his frustration.
According to his twitter he is playing for Erith and Belvedere. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Reply With Quote
  #10683  
Old 07-12-2021, 11:14 AM
Reps AJ's Avatar
Reps AJ Reps AJ is offline
Climbing for dollars
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Somewhere you're not
Posts: 22,055
Rep Power: 21474857
Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Must be really hard for those lads that don't go on and make it as a professional player.

The Athletic has done a few stories about players at various clubs and their struggles after being released. Doesn't make happy reading, sadly.
Reply With Quote
  #10684  
Old 07-12-2021, 11:18 AM
Gazza2 Gazza2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Beckenham
Age: 54
Posts: 7,383
Rep Power: 21474857
Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
Nah, I think they are his 2 brothers who play for E&B

Last edited by Gazza2; 08-12-2021 at 04:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10685  
Old 07-12-2021, 11:38 AM
Woosie Woosie is offline
Jolene Jolene Jolene...
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 29
Posts: 16,049
Rep Power: 21474850
Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
It is pretty ruthless at U23 level.
I do think that 5 of those who started today are unlikely to be with the club when next season starts.

Some ex Academy player updates which some of you will already be aware of:
James Dayton, Quade Taylor, Gio McGregor and Jack Holland at Dulwich Hamlet.
Michael Phillips back at Maidstone where Jerome Binnom-Williams also is now.
James Comley just joined Boreham Wood.
Ross Fitzsimmons at Weymouth.
Jacob Berkeley-Agyepong back at Aldershot.
Corie Andrews on loan at Aldershot from Wimbledon.
Jake Gray at Hampton & Richmond Borough.
Kiran Khinda-John at Farnborough.
Matt Parsons at Glebe.
Lee Hills retired and now a recruitment consultant based in NY.
Last I heard Reise Allassani and Ibra Sekajja were at Dulwich but maybe someone can confirm that they still are.
Ryan Hanson at Dover.
Sam Woods and Kian Flanagan at Barnet.
Luke Croll at Chesterfield.
Jason Lokilo at Gornik Leczna (side in top div in Poland).
Kyle Lynch at Uxbridge.
Bryce Hossanah at Wrexham.
Joseph Hungbo at Ross County on loan from Watford.
Levi Lumeka at Troyes in France.
Tariq Ossai at Ashford United.
Calum Sturgess at Needham Market.
Mandela Egbo just been released by NY Red Bulls.
Tom King at Salford.
Elliott List at Stevenage.
Will Hoare is at Skelleftea in Sweden but considering whether to give up on football altogether
__________________
'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Reply With Quote
  #10686  
Old 07-12-2021, 11:58 AM
GreatGonzo's Avatar
GreatGonzo GreatGonzo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 71,681
Rep Power: 21474859
GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Worth noting that Arsenal were interested in signing Allassani from us and Liverpool showed an interest in Hungbo!
Reply With Quote
  #10687  
Old 07-12-2021, 11:58 AM
Latvian Eagle's Avatar
Latvian Eagle Latvian Eagle is offline
Let's Go Mariners!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Sutton
Age: 38
Posts: 45,821
Rep Power: 21474858
Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Weren't there a few clubs eyeing up Lumeka too?
__________________
https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284042 - New NBA Thread starting 2021/22 Season
Reply With Quote
  #10688  
Old 07-12-2021, 12:19 PM
Sp1Eagle's Avatar
Sp1Eagle Sp1Eagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21,811
Rep Power: 21474848
Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Reise Allassani was on trial at Walsall in pre-season but nothing since.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #10689  
Old 07-12-2021, 12:22 PM
Sp1Eagle's Avatar
Sp1Eagle Sp1Eagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21,811
Rep Power: 21474848
Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Tom King was unlucky in the summer. Almost got a Championship move but it fell through.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #10690  
Old 07-12-2021, 02:40 PM
mushroom's Avatar
mushroom mushroom is offline
sleep chaser
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Too far from where i wanna be.
Posts: 17,324
Rep Power: 21474854
mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
It is pretty ruthless at U23 level.
I do think that 5 of those who started today are unlikely to be with the club when next season starts.

Some ex Academy player updates which some of you will already be aware of:
James Dayton, Quade Taylor, Gio McGregor and Jack Holland at Dulwich Hamlet.
Michael Phillips back at Maidstone where Jerome Binnom-Williams also is now.
James Comley just joined Boreham Wood.
Ross Fitzsimmons at Weymouth.
Jacob Berkeley-Agyepong back at Aldershot.
Corie Andrews on loan at Aldershot from Wimbledon.
Jake Gray at Hampton & Richmond Borough.
Kiran Khinda-John at Farnborough.
Matt Parsons at Glebe.
Lee Hills retired and now a recruitment consultant based in NY.
Last I heard Reise Allassani and Ibra Sekajja were at Dulwich but maybe someone can confirm that they still are.
Ryan Hanson at Dover.
Sam Woods and Kian Flanagan at Barnet.
Luke Croll at Chesterfield.
Jason Lokilo at Gornik Leczna (side in top div in Poland).
Kyle Lynch at Uxbridge.
Bryce Hossanah at Wrexham.
Joseph Hungbo at Ross County on loan from Watford.
Levi Lumeka at Troyes in France.
Tariq Ossai at Ashford United.
Calum Sturgess at Needham Market.
Mandela Egbo just been released by NY Red Bulls.
Tom King at Salford.
Elliott List at Stevenage.

One of those players got caught nicking training kit for family members.
__________________
When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
Reply With Quote
  #10691  
Old 07-12-2021, 02:50 PM
tony 1947 tony 1947 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SOUTH NORWOOD
Age: 74
Posts: 697
Rep Power: 4521844
tony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettony 1947 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks for updates on players. Although was not an academy player Jacob Mensah who we signed from Ramsgate is with Morecambe after being with Weymouth last season.
Reply With Quote
  #10692  
Old 07-12-2021, 05:26 PM
John from Beare Green John from Beare Green is offline
Pilgrim Eagle
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: On the road that leads from Horsham Eagle to Dorking.Eagle
Posts: 645
Rep Power: 1568787
John from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohn from Beare Green : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Another old boy Jerry Nnamani made 350 appearances for Leatherhead but his job has taken him up north and he doesn't seem to have played for anyone this season.
__________________
from the Dorking Advertiser's most avid reader
Reply With Quote
  #10693  
Old 08-12-2021, 07:42 AM
Maidstoned Eagle's Avatar
Maidstoned Eagle Maidstoned Eagle is offline
Old School BBS
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Hiding behind Biggus.
Age: 56
Posts: 116,377
Rep Power: 21474860
Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Sadly very true Ian. Egbo was best young player we had in his year group. He was an England youth international and played quite a few minutes in an England U17 side captained by Joe Gomez (then a Charlton U18) which won the Euro Finals. On the plus side, he is now 24 and has made what would have been a reasonable living from football while at Borussia Monchengladbach, Darmstadt & New York Red Bulls without having played more than a handful of first team games. I am sure he will also have gained valuable life experiences from living & working abroad at a young age. He always came across as being one of the more intelligent / switched on youngsters so he has probably made the most of his time living in Germany and NY. It will be interesting to see what he does next. Does he want to play lower league football back in England or will he try and get another club abroad or will he decide to give up football and move into another line of work?
Egbo was on the International Clearance podcast a while back, worth a listen.
__________________
If you don't like the BBS moderators policy on racist and bigoted posters, please remember that other sites are available.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Reply With Quote
  #10694  
Old 08-12-2021, 07:44 AM
Maidstoned Eagle's Avatar
Maidstoned Eagle Maidstoned Eagle is offline
Old School BBS
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Hiding behind Biggus.
Age: 56
Posts: 116,377
Rep Power: 21474860
Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
Dougie's wife is the daughter of former England and Liverpool keeper Ray Clemence so his son has certainly inherited strong footballing genes.
She was also in Dream Team so he may have picked up the acting chops too.
__________________
If you don't like the BBS moderators policy on racist and bigoted posters, please remember that other sites are available.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Reply With Quote
  #10695  
Old 08-12-2021, 01:43 PM
Gazza2 Gazza2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Beckenham
Age: 54
Posts: 7,383
Rep Power: 21474857
Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by John from Beare Green View Post
Another old boy Jerry Nnamani made 350 appearances for Leatherhead but his job has taken him up north and he doesn't seem to have played for anyone this season.
Jerry was part of the best Palace defensive unit I have seen at U18 level in last 20 years. Jerry and Jack Holland at CB. Matt Parsons at LB. Kieron Kenlock at RB. This was before Academies were graded so we played most of the big sides regularly and at one stage during that season, Palace had conceded the least goals in U18s football.
Reply With Quote
  #10696  
Old 08-12-2021, 02:07 PM
BovrilDan BovrilDan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Age: 63
Posts: 133
Rep Power: 1277058
BovrilDan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBovrilDan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBovrilDan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBovrilDan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBovrilDan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBovrilDan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBovrilDan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBovrilDan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBovrilDan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBovrilDan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBovrilDan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Also, David Wilkinson was third choice keeper behind Speroni and Scott Flinders. Was released by Warnock and went on to play for Dover, Eastleigh and Forest Green to name a few. Believe he is goalkeeping Coach at Chipstead now.
Reply With Quote
  #10697  
Old 08-12-2021, 02:22 PM
cranesparkeagle's Avatar
cranesparkeagle cranesparkeagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Surbiton
Age: 60
Posts: 12,869
Rep Power: 21474855
cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
I see Jason Banton at Kingstonian. Looks good in flashes Also from an earlier time Gus Sow who was previously with Merstham and came to Ks with the manager. He is now very much a senior pro at Rymans level and has scored 13 goals this year(he is the penalty taker!) I believe he was coaching somewhere in the Palace pyramid. Is he still?
__________________
Certainties in life

Death, taxes and injections
Reply With Quote
  #10698  
Old 08-12-2021, 04:18 PM
Direwolf's Avatar
Direwolf Direwolf is offline
Significant Udder
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 6,914
Rep Power: 21474841
Direwolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is hereDirewolf Sam the man is here
Looking forward to the U18 FA cup game this evening. Barnsley are 4th at the moment in the Professional Development league north. W4 D3 L3. Should be a tight game and hopefully a lot better than the one we played against Fleetwood Town last year.
__________________
Vote for a muppet - you know you will get one anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #10699  
Old 08-12-2021, 04:32 PM
Gazza2 Gazza2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Beckenham
Age: 54
Posts: 7,383
Rep Power: 21474857
Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
Looking forward to the U18 FA cup game this evening. Barnsley are 4th at the moment in the Professional Development league north. W4 D3 L3. Should be a tight game and hopefully a lot better than the one we played against Fleetwood Town last year.
I just hope that the weather is good enough to make it a game of football. If bad weather turns the game into just a physical battle then we will probably come out on the wrong side of it.
Reply With Quote
  #10700  
Old 08-12-2021, 04:38 PM
Stinger1 Stinger1 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 12,178
Rep Power: 21474845
Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
I just hope that the weather is good enough to make it a game of football. If bad weather turns the game into just a physical battle then we will probably come out on the wrong side of it.
Hopefully the pitch isn't too bad either. I think the combination of poor weather and poor pitch hurt us against Fleetwood last year.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (1 members and 3 guests)
Ian Hart
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.