Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 21-01-2022, 05:14 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
2020 to end Sept 2021, with an average age of 82
Have you got a link for this as, if only 17k (?) people have died of covid, I'm not sure what the rest of the excess deaths were caused by? Or have I misread and the figure not 17k?
Old 21-01-2022, 06:55 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Now we're moving out of restrictions, are they scrapping the need to take vaccination proof to football matches?
Old 21-01-2022, 07:07 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
Now we're moving out of restrictions, are they scrapping the need to take vaccination proof to football matches?
think so...unless PL decide otherwise
Old 21-01-2022, 07:24 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
From next week; although I wouldn't allow anyone without full vaccination within 100 yards of Selhurst Park.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 21-01-2022, 07:35 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
Have you got a link for this as, if only 17k (?) people have died of covid, I'm not sure what the rest of the excess deaths were caused by? Or have I misread and the figure not 17k?
It’s very misleading. 17000 people died without any underlying conditions, but that doesn’t mean the rest weren’t killed by Covid. There are tons of underlying conditions, and plenty of people who are overweight, have high blood pressure, or diabetes (for example). These are people who would not have died if it weren’t for Covid, which is why the excess deaths are much higher

Link below:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-01-2022, 11:18 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
From next week; although I wouldn't allow anyone without full vaccination within 100 yards of Selhurst Park.
Interestingly I know loads of fully vaxxed people who have caught covid in the last month or two and quite possibly passed it on unwittingly due to mild symptoms. The small number of unvaxxed people I know haven’t had it, possibly because they’ve taken more care. I suspect there’s more chance of catching covid from a fully-vaccinated person these days. The vaccine seems to stop it getting serious, which is great, but that’s about it.
Old 21-01-2022, 11:33 PM

bonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbonzo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Bit harsh.
Old 22-01-2022, 12:29 AM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Maybe i missed something previously but on news lately , when it quotes daily death figures for people who tested positive for Covid in last 28 days , it is also adding a caveat that Covid may not have been the reason for their death .
Old 22-01-2022, 03:43 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Sort of a parallel subject really, but I'm constantly amazed at these Air flights that are being aborted due to passengers refusing to wear masks in flight.

The fact they knew of the requirement when boarding, had to be wearing a mask to board, and surely knowing the consequences of refusal to wear a mask does my head in.

I'm sure alcohol has a big part to play in this (recent AA Miami to UK flight would seem so), but what is the mindset of these people?

I'm really struggling to comprehend on what planet you wouldn't just comply with the requirements just to get to you destination regardless of you thinking on the rules.
Old 22-01-2022, 09:10 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can't beat a good 5 a side game, might need to make the pitch smaller though
Old 22-01-2022, 09:16 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Sort of a parallel subject really, but I'm constantly amazed at these Air flights that are being aborted due to passengers refusing to wear masks in flight.

The fact they knew of the requirement when boarding, had to be wearing a mask to board, and surely knowing the consequences of refusal to wear a mask does my head in.

I'm sure alcohol has a big part to play in this (recent AA Miami to UK flight would seem so), but what is the mindset of these people?

I'm really struggling to comprehend on what planet you wouldn't just comply with the requirements just to get to you destination regardless of you thinking on the rules.
Yep. I don't get it. The airline doesn't have to accept your business, you have no right to its service and if you want to use them you have to wear a mask. You are told booking and you accept those terms. You are told in the airport or on the app checking in, at the gate, while boarding and on the aircraft.

Same as a seatbelt.. if you want to use the service then you wear a mask when required. If you don't want to then find another way to travel. It is some "I know better than everyone else" type of stubborn show and its pathetic.
Old 22-01-2022, 12:40 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here

How he keeps a straight face I have no idea. Especially with the cheer leader chipping in at the back.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 22-01-2022, 12:54 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post

How he keeps a straight face I have no idea. Especially with the cheer leader chipping in at the back.
Yeah the copper has done rather well there. I did get the feeling that when he was silent and fixated on the guy talking shite's face he was probably visualising smashing it a little. A mental release for what must have been frustrating as hell
Old 22-01-2022, 04:33 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Yep. I don't get it. The airline doesn't have to accept your business, you have no right to its service and if you want to use them you have to wear a mask. You are told booking and you accept those terms. You are told in the airport or on the app checking in, at the gate, while boarding and on the aircraft.

Same as a seatbelt.. if you want to use the service then you wear a mask when required. If you don't want to then find another way to travel. It is some "I know better than everyone else" type of stubborn show and its pathetic.
Exactly.

Maybe some people just want their 15 minutes of fame/notoriety even if it is going to cost them hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in re-ticketing and lost time etc.

Woman on the American Airlines flight from Miami to London now has to find another airline to take her at probably an increased rate for short notice, probably had to find a hotel for the night, and lost at least a day all for her stance/refusal to keep her mask on. Not to mention pissing off about 150 of your fellow passengers.
Old 23-01-2022, 08:21 AM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by congress View Post
Had the anti vaxers turn up today trying to serve papers, clowns.

They said they will be back tomorrow so first thing tomorrow going to get my hair cut tomorrow morning just incase they want to film me again
These people are so fking dumb.
Old 23-01-2022, 08:53 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
It’s very misleading. 17000 people died without any underlying conditions, but that doesn’t mean the rest weren’t killed by Covid. There are tons of underlying conditions, and plenty of people who are overweight, have high blood pressure, or diabetes (for example). These are people who would not have died if it weren’t for Covid, which is why the excess deaths are much higher

Link below:

This is the crux. There is “Dr” John Campbell on YouTube who promotes this stuff, which a friend of ours shared. He’s not a medical Dr but doesn’t say so, he’s an ex nursing trainer. His core message in a recent post was this ONS number, adding the average age as around 85.

I was almost shouting at the screen that he was totally ignoring the reality that tens of thousands of people with cancer, diabetes, dementia, etc etc have had their lives cut short by the horrible virus and would have had many more years with their families.

Beyond the vaccine roll out and furlough, Johnson has a huge pile of poor decisions to answer for.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 23-01-2022, 10:47 AM

legaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
This is the crux. There is “Dr” John Campbell on YouTube who promotes this stuff, which a friend of ours shared. He’s not a medical Dr but doesn’t say so, he’s an ex nursing trainer. His core message in a recent post was this ONS number, adding the average age as around 85.

I was almost shouting at the screen that he was totally ignoring the reality that tens of thousands of people with cancer, diabetes, dementia, etc etc have had their lives cut short by the horrible virus and would have had many more years with their families.

Beyond the vaccine roll out and furlough, Johnson has a huge pile of poor decisions to answer for.
And the poor decisions just keep on coming...like lifting current restrictions when we still have a high level of infection for political expediency....
Old 23-01-2022, 10:51 AM
Cashback!

SEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

This is almost as funny as Javid now admitting the Covid death figures were fudged!
2012 - CPFC 3-0 BHAFC
2013 - BHAFC 0-2 CPFC (Play off Semi Final 2nd leg)
Old 23-01-2022, 11:08 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Where is the facepalm emoji when you need it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 23-01-2022, 11:11 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Can't beat a good 5 a side game, might need to make the pitch smaller though
Tekkers could play no problem. He social distances brilliantly when we haven’t got the ball.