Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-08-2021, 03:59 PM

Ian J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan J : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Textor doesn’t have anything to do with Benfica, so why would it help the academies link?
A decent bedside manner obviously isn't one of your strong points.

You could just as easily have said that his attempt to buy a 25% stake in Benfica last month failed as some of the existing Benfica board were arrested for tax fraud
Old 12-08-2021, 04:03 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian J View Post
A decent bedside manner obviously isn't one of your strong points.

You could just as easily have said that his attempt to buy a 25% stake in Benfica last month failed as some of the existing Benfica board were arrested for tax fraud
I could have easily said many things, instead I asked a perfectly pertinent question

You or the poster I was responding to could have simply replied with an answer, instead of you snide response
Old 12-08-2021, 04:51 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilvy View Post
The romantic in me just wants owners who are achieving boyhood dreams but that ship has sailed.
This latest move I think means that if anyone wanted out, it would be like The Kings Arms after a £100 lottery win, with 8 of you divvying up - the owed round for last Friday, that Audrey had a starter, Fred didn’t pay his subs and Janet having COVID so missed her turn buying the snacks.

So if you give Parish £8 million, he gives Browett 2 of that then the yanks owe us all £50 million each except Spector he needs to give Parish a million and get £65 million change.
Billy Bleach
Old 12-08-2021, 05:08 PM
Tried, but couldn't leave

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
I could have easily said many things, instead I asked a perfectly pertinent question

You or the poster I was responding to could have simply replied with an answer, instead of you snide response
You are correct that he doesn't have a stake in Benfica. And I have no reason to stipulate that he ever will, although successful business people do not tend to be put off an opportunity at the first turn of events. However, he did respond in a positive way to the question. That is all really. No more and no less. And he does have a strong interest in Football/Soccer academies.

I am in the CPFC cult.
Old 12-08-2021, 07:58 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Apparently he set up FC Florida Prep Academy four years ago and a quick dig shows there is a player who has been there since then called Addison Textor.

Anyone know if he’s related?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Seems it is his son although the most recent search shows him in the rowing team at Dartmouth College, New Hampshire.

One other alumni is Jacob Montes

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 12-08-2021, 09:04 PM

16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet16eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Seems it is his son although the most recent search shows him in the rowing team at Dartmouth College, New Hampshire.

Interesting must of recommended him to us, obviously was highly rated in local Florida area.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:06 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post

Anyone else getting buying a seat in F1 style vibes?

To be clear, I’m not exactly being serious for those who get easily offended.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:18 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by britabroad View Post
You are correct that he doesn't have a stake in Benfica. And I have no reason to stipulate that he ever will, although successful business people do not tend to be put off an opportunity at the first turn of events. However, he did respond in a positive way to the question. That is all really. No more and no less. And he does have a strong interest in Football/Soccer academies.
This is the BBS, he didn’t respond in anyway to your original post on here
Old 12-08-2021, 10:25 PM
Tried, but couldn't leave

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I didn’t say he responded on the BBS. I will leave it there. (Sorry, I think I may have mistaken your post).

I am in the CPFC cult.

Last edited by britabroad; 12-08-2021 at 11:54 PM.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:30 PM
Banned by Moderators

F4natic F4natic F4natic F4natic F4natic F4natic F4natic F4natic F4natic F4natic F4natic
Whilst very happy to see the new investment, I thought the money for the new stand was already in place? Why can’t the new money be spent on the team?
Old 12-08-2021, 10:34 PM

LesPaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLesPaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLesPaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLesPaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLesPaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLesPaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLesPaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLesPaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLesPaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLesPaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLesPaul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4natic View Post
Whilst very happy to see the new investment, I thought the money for the new stand was already in place? Why can’t the new money be spent on the team?
Probably gotta bribe sainsburys
Old 12-08-2021, 10:42 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
That piggy bank broke.

Old 13-08-2021, 12:25 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Why does Simon liking us doing something make me nervous……
Exactly. Does he really like it, or is he being a clever little sausage?
Old 13-08-2021, 07:42 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Simon Jordan on this subject on Talksport was actually an interesting listen. Here’s the link to it and it starts at -20:30

As others have said, he was very positive about it and commended Parish for bringing him in, although he couldn’t help having a swipe at Parish right at the end.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 13-08-2021, 07:54 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Ta Bubbs.

Where is that bloody list ?
Old 13-08-2021, 08:23 AM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The fact that Parish, Blitzer and Harris are so reluctant to invest in the club makes me a bit nervous. Parish can’t keep on diluting the ownership. We have to find a sustainable model or an eventual takeover is inevitable.
Old 13-08-2021, 08:41 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
^^^^Weed
Old 13-08-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
The fact that Parish, Blitzer and Harris are so reluctant to invest in the club makes me a bit nervous. Parish can’t keep on diluting the ownership. We have to find a sustainable model or an eventual takeover is inevitable.
But they have invested in the club.

Their interest free loans have increased over the years and they has now been switched to quasi capital.

I would rather have several rich owners sharing the burden rather than be totally reliant on one benefactor like Bloom at Brighton.

We saw what happened when the money ran out with Goldberg and Jordan.

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 13-08-2021 at 11:30 AM.
Old 13-08-2021, 09:22 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Simon Jordan on this subject on Talksport was actually an interesting listen. Here’s the link to it and it starts at -20:30

As others have said, he was very positive about it and commended Parish for bringing him in, although he couldn’t help having a swipe at Parish right at the end.
Jordan is such a dick about Parish. He admits he's 'clever' through gritted teeth after saying he 'doesn't like him' and basically calls him a tight-arse.
Old 13-08-2021, 09:55 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
So who paid for the Academy? Who paid for the massive upgrades on the training facilities? Who paid the transfer fees for players? Is that not investing? Let alone the multiple loans to support the club.

And the agreement is there for the funding of the new stand, once Sainsbury’s get in line. That will be a massive investment by the owners.

Unless your idea of investing is paying Messi £2m a week?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019