Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-11-2021, 05:45 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Black Friday 2021

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Nine out of 10 Black Friday 'deals' are the same price or cheaper in the six months beforehand, consumer group Which? has found.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 23-11-2021, 05:53 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yeah just another con
Old 23-11-2021, 06:01 PM
Let's Go Mariners!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
It's bullshit. Saw something I had my eye on that has been £79.80 down from £98.40 for months, 30% off for Black Friday, went to buy it and the 30% is off the original price of £123. Joke, I won't be purchasing. If it had been 30% off the £98 I would have been tempted.
Basically what the thing they are talking about on the news is exactly like what I mentioned here.
Old 23-11-2021, 06:07 PM
I wanna be Peppard

0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw The Athletic was available for £1pm and was going to rejoin but after several clicks turns out it’s an offer limited to new subscribers only. Lots of that sort of offer - they must know people will just use a new email so why bother with the restrictions? Apple TV+ is another one.

All they do here is annoy people who’d like to get back in and can afford the offer but don’t want to workaround it.
Old 23-11-2021, 10:04 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
We have the Black Friday and Cyber Monday nonesense about 4 times a year each here.

Great if you want to get a good deal on the very limited sizes they can't shift from the warehouses.

As always, keep an eye out for something that you have wanted for months and if you find the price acceptable then go for it.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 23-11-2021, 10:56 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
We have the Black Friday and Cyber Monday nonesense about 4 times a year each here.

Great if you want to get a good deal on the very limited sizes they can't shift from the warehouses.

As always, keep an eye out for something that you have wanted for months and if you find the price acceptable then go for it.
It really is a load of bollocks here.
Prices are not majorly different from non-cyber/black "sales" and as you quite rightly state, the stuff that is attractively priced is for the bin end of stuff - those colours no one wants or outlying sizes. Great if you're an XS size and enjoy wearing puke green clothes.
Old 24-11-2021, 12:23 AM
I wanna be Peppard

0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet0.bj came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Do you have the same phenomenon we have now where retailers are actually manufacturing crap to push out on Black Friday? Sainsbury’s seems to have bought a job lot of rubbish TV’s to flog off at ‘discounted prices’ as part of their collaboration with Argos. Junk you won’t see on sale at any other time of year.

Can’t be good for the environment.
Old 24-11-2021, 03:05 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I think i’ve only bought one telly in my entire life, which cost about 500 quid iirc.
Old 24-11-2021, 09:45 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I think i’ve only bought one telly in my entire life, which cost about 500 quid iirc.
Do you normally steal them?
Old 24-11-2021, 06:51 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
It really is a load of bollocks here.
Prices are not majorly different from non-cyber/black "sales" and as you quite rightly state, the stuff that is attractively priced is for the bin end of stuff - those colours no one wants or outlying sizes. Great if you're an XS size and enjoy wearing puke green clothes.
I posted a couple of comments on The Almacen's Paris website to this effect.

Not sure why I bothered. But that store has been doing it for over a year now.

I get all the adverts, so keep seeing a pair of boots I like. Only one size left - for about 8 months now.

It's also amazing how all the old stock of TVs they have in the warehouses have gone up 40%, and how the Playstation 4 package, with the same three games, is over 100 quid more expensive than it was 3 years ago.

Maybe the consumer protection joke will look at this in 2 years time. Pure profitting from the 10% pension withdrawals and the pandemic lockdowns.

As I said, not interested at those prices.

Old 24-11-2021, 06:56 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Do you normally steal them?
Was probably the last person using a black and white tv and the last one to change to flatscreen. The last place we moved to has a tv that they couldn’t be arsed to dismantle. So only ever purchased one but there are 2 in the house.

None tealeafed.
Old 24-11-2021, 06:59 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
None tealeafed.
apparently you can take the boy out of South London and take South London out of the boy
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 24-11-2021, 07:00 PM
I'm not divorced

Although i did get one off Andy Gray come to think of it.
Old 24-11-2021, 07:28 PM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Toby Carvery have got 50% off at the moment for black Friday week, £26.50 we paid for four carveries + drinks, two of which were alcoholic. Can't complain
Old 24-11-2021, 09:11 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
apparently you can take the boy out of South London and take South London out of the boy
Too true.

Recently found out someone I went to school with became the Tory MP for Windsor and is now being done for tax evasion.

I am of course the exception to the rule.
Old 24-11-2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweedman View Post
Toby Carvery have got 50% off at the moment for black Friday week, £26.50 we paid for four carveries + drinks, two of which were alcoholic. Can't complain
That's a good deal.

But the food snobs will be on to say that they wouldn't accept payment to eat there.

Old 24-11-2021, 11:42 PM

Nigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigel_Scarfer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shark vacuum cleaners seem to be very cheap at the moment. Not done any research but look to be available directly for about 50% off and come with a 5 year guarantee. Not sure if this is a real discount or not, but I'll investigate further as our Vax has just packed up, and Christmas is coming so can get one for my wife as her "main" present.
Old 24-11-2021, 11:57 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-11-2021, 12:36 AM
I wanna be Peppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer View Post
Shark vacuum cleaners seem to be very cheap at the moment. Not done any research but look to be available directly for about 50% off and come with a 5 year guarantee. Not sure if this is a real discount or not, but I'll investigate further as our Vax has just packed up, and Christmas is coming so can get one for my wife as her "main" present.
Watch the teeth on them. Been known to scratch hard floors.
Old 25-11-2021, 12:46 AM

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Managed to get the Lego Ghostbusters Ecto 1 from Argos for £86 (RRP £180, but been as low as £124 generally on offer). Well chuffed.

On the hunt for wireless earphones and a power bank.