Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 07:34 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
Honestly if you was Wilf would you want to be here ? Yes earns a fortune but if you got ambitions to win things, it's not going to happen here is it
Old 09-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
He is. More than enough
Is he chuff as like
Old 09-11-2019, 08:43 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
Honestly if you was Wilf would you want to be here ? Yes earns a fortune but if you got ambitions to win things, it's not going to happen here is it
Not even that, but to just play in a system which allows you to get on the front foot and get more of the ball. We're so regimented in it setup it's not truly allowing him to be consistently expressive. The less we have of the ball the more pressure there is on him to solely produce the magic. And that's not a criticism of Roy as such but more so how things need to be done with the limited technical ability in the team right now.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:54 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I donít agree. Iíll always support him. You have it in for him. Itís the difference between you and me. You think Hodgson is beyond criticism; I donít. Wilf is more palace than any player will ever be and youíre disrespectful for suggesting otherwise.
I think the bit I've put in bold here is key. While I think there are a few other players down the years who would claim to be just as "Palace" as Wilf, your point stands that he has in the past been a symbol of our club in a way that only a few players have ever become. And it's also probably fair to say that of that small group of players, he is by far the most gifted.

But I think in terms of what we're seeing right now, "in the past" is probably the key part of the paragraph above. Wilf is just not that player right now. It might be just a patch of poor form, but after what has gone on in the summer, it's hard not to think that his heart's just not in it any more.

Now I'm not for a minute suggesting that he has "given up" playing for us, or is in a deliberate strop or anything like that. But what I think probably is happening is that there is just that small drop off that comes when somebody's heart just isn't in something any more.

Most of us will have had the experience of continuing in a job when you've reached the point of wanting to leave, and it's hard to be 100% in it when that happens. It's not deliberate. You don't turn up for work thinking "i'm not going to bother today". But you're just not quite firing on all cylinders. For most of us, the small drop off doesn't have that much impact. But for an elite level sportsman, that small drop is the difference between exceptional and (relatively) ordinary. And I think that is probably what is happening with Wilf right now

I don't think that pointing out the above is "slagging Wilf off". It's just acknowledging the reality as most of us see it
Old 09-11-2019, 10:29 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Agree, sadly
Old 09-11-2019, 10:42 PM

French Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFrench Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Having seen Leicester tonight and the speed they attack, I think Wilf is too slow. The speed they move Wilf couldnt keep up !
#46 Allez Vale
Old 09-11-2019, 11:32 PM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Eagle View Post
Having seen Leicester tonight and the speed they attack, I think Wilf is too slow. The speed they move Wilf couldnt keep up !
He wouldnít get in that Leicester side at the moment
Old 09-11-2019, 11:42 PM

Illeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIlleagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB2506 View Post
He wouldnít get in that Leicester side at the moment
Quite. He wouldn't get on the bench at Chelsea
Old 09-11-2019, 11:55 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
Quite. He wouldn't get on the bench at Chelsea
On this seasons form alone he’d struggle to get into any premier team. He’s been awful. And he’s my favourite player of all time.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:05 AM

sl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
According to the Daily Mail Man Utd are ready to bid £70m for Wilf in January.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:10 AM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
terrible posts on this thread.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:21 AM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl6 Eagle View Post
According to the Daily Mail Man Utd are ready to bid £70m for Wilf in January.
To be honest i hope they do, it'll raise the bar and give Wilf a stark choice of returning to a place up North where he was massively unhappy or staying with us.

If they really do bid 70M i doubt anyone else would match that offer.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:28 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
terrible posts on this thread.
Which ones ?
Old 10-11-2019, 07:43 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 10-11-2019, 07:59 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
70m cash? Or about 45m after the sell on is settled?
Old 10-11-2019, 07:59 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's unquestionable that WZ has been our outstanding and stand out player for many a year and will be hugely missed when he moves on, which clearly i feel he will. But you have to question in his current frame of mind and with his lack lustre performances, who is going to buy him and at what fee? looking back to the summer window Parish should have hid his pride and accepted the excellent offer Everton made with maybe young midfielder Davies and possibly also Kenny prior to his loan move as part of any deal.
What would Wilf now go for is anybody's guess, but certainly not anywhere near the figure what we were offered.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:04 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Think yesterday runined it but bats + Barkley + 20m would have done from chelsea.

Out:

Wilf
Meyer
Camarasa
Benteke

In:

Bats
Barkley
Morelos
Rb (loan)
Castagne (singed on pre contract for free in the summer)

Great January and all wrapped up in the first week. Sorted
Old 10-11-2019, 08:21 AM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Not sure where they get their info from but if that is true get it signed off now!

The Mail is running the same story it must be true????!
Old 10-11-2019, 08:25 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Think yesterday runined it but bats + Barkley + 20m would have done from chelsea.

Out:

Wilf
Meyer
Camarasa
Benteke

In:

Bats
Barkley
Morelos
Rb (loan)

Why would Bats and Berkeley want to sign for us permanent? They would want to play for champions league teams.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:28 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post

Out:

Wilf
Meyer
Camarasa
Benteke

In:

Bats
Barkley
Morelos
Rb (loan)

Morelos .... no chance.