Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 10:13 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Eagle View Post
Wilf has already become a statue.

Slightly unfair, but he's a shadow of the player he was of recent seasons 'so far'. Certainly not worth £80m that's for sure and I was one of those banging that drum that we should be demanding it in the summer and holding out. Only he knows if it's a natural or manufactured demise.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:16 AM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
He needs to move on

Heís had enough, thatís clear to see

We need to maximise his value ASAP - in hindsight we should have done that in the summer.
What have we come to, when a player on £120k a week, £6.2m a year has had enough.

He is extremely lucky to be playing in this crazy era of Premier wages.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:23 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Some people think CPFC (club and fans) are indebted to WZ. Weíve been VERY good to him and his family. He can leave... but donít be a ****. Donít put in a transfer request a day before window shuts, donít try to **** the club over to join Everton (EVERTON). Donít sulk, donít play on autopilot... get ya head down, work hard.. show character and youíll get your move to a club that will fund you and your ballbag brothers.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:27 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Some people think CPFC (club and fans) are indebted to WZ. Weíve been VERY good to him and his family. He can leave... but donít be a ****. Donít put in a transfer request a day before window shuts, donít try to **** the club over to join Everton (EVERTON). Donít sulk, donít play on autopilot... get ya head down, work hard.. show character and youíll get your move to a club that will fund you and your ballbag brothers.
Whilst I agree with what youíve said, it must be hard playing in this team. 4x central defensive MFís, one LB whoís a total liability at the back, with our tactics of ďgive Wilf the ball and hope he does somethingĒ.

We have given him a platform and rewarded him exceptionally well with it, heíll get his move but the worry is our lack of planning and also no big team think heís worth the money.

Itís not black and white.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Whilst I agree with what youíve said, it must be hard playing in this team. 4x central defensive MFís, one LB whoís a total liability at the back, with our tactics of ďgive Wilf the ball and hope he does somethingĒ.

We have given him a platform and rewarded him exceptionally well with it, heíll get his move but the worry is our lack of planning and also no big team think heís worth the money.

I understand your thought but it's pretty clear that is how Wilf likes to play isn't it. TBH one of his shortcomings (for prospective buyers) is that he doesn't make the runs or have the movement in the box but instead prefers to hang wide and 'just give me the ball'. He has improved on this but not a lot.

Wilf has done more than OK out of Palace and it's difficult to feel too sorry for him. Loved, top whack £, forgiven his outbursts and weaknesses. Equally he has given us huge amount too and so fair enough. This is not some one sided affair and he has not been hard done to by any stretch.

It feels a shame that as his time with us comes to an end we aren't seeing the best of him this time around.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I understand your thought but it's pretty clear that is how Wilf likes to play isn't it. TBH one of his shortcomings (for prospective buyers) is that he doesn't make the runs or have the movement in the box but instead prefers to hang wide and 'just give me the ball'. He has improved on this but not a lot.

Wilf has done more than OK out of Palace and it's difficult to feel too sorry for him. Loved, top whack £, forgiven his outbursts and weaknesses. Equally he has given us huge amount too and so fair enough. This is not some one sided affair and he has not been hard done to by any stretch.

It feels a shame that as his time with us comes to an end we aren't seeing the best of him this time around.
Wilf always looks happier with Townsend or Meyer on the pitch.
I think Townsend gives him some more freedom to stretch defensives and when they double up it can work well.

Meyers passing and link play also suits Wilf. Granted we all know heís not a winger but drags defenders out and his one-twos with Wilf usually get me excited, albeit it does not happen enough.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:53 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
It still baffles me how a combo of Wilf, Benteke, Andros with Max pulling the strings behind doesn't work. It really really should do.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:03 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
It still baffles me how a combo of Wilf, Benteke, Andros with Max pulling the strings behind doesn't work. It really really should do.
Max and Benteke can't pull a carrot at the moment but your idea's right.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:21 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
The anti-Wilf campaign is beyond a joke. Not beating players as often as he was but our slow and lethargic build up play hardly allows this, combined with being double and triple marked.

Hes resulted in penalties being won and players being sent off in games that have resulted in positive outcomes.

He has set himself a high standard in previous seasons that perhaps even he isnt able to maintain though hes not the only one (see AWB at Man Utd....).

Wilf knows when Townsend isnt playing that defenders swarm towards him. He then either tries to beat them all and fail where he should lay the ball off and us attack down the other side, but he knows that we move the ball so slowly that this rarely works so tries on his own.

He hasnt gone from a £100m player to £30m overnight. All flair players are high risk and reward. What did Maddison do against us Sunday that made you think £70m other than a few set pieces. Hazard was £90m and struggling to keep his place in Real Madrid.

Unfortunately, due to our lack of wingers and forwards in our squad plus Roys tactics, Wilf isnt being utilised to his best.

Last edited by aj4england; 07-11-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:27 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:

It can't be nice for Cahill playing in front of Wayne, it must be horrible to play left sided CB and have PVA next to you. Of course it's hard playing in this team... and I don't blame him for wanting to go to a top 4 team... as he originally said. That top 4 team transformed in to Everton (EVERTON). So it's clearly not about European football, it's about £... stings a little, but who am I to criticise his motivation... but I do think I can criticise his behaviour in the days before the window shuts and his effort since. CPFC have made him financially secure for the rest of his life... none of his kids will ever have to work. He has lied for his reasons for leaving, people working on his behalf/instructions have asked for CPFC to take a financial hit, so he can earn more!
Love WZ as a player, but he is acting like a prick
Old 07-11-2019, 12:35 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
It can't be nice for Cahill playing in front of Wayne, it must be horrible to play left sided CB and have PVA next to you. Of course it's hard playing in this team... and I don't blame him for wanting to go to a top 4 team... as he originally said. That top 4 team transformed in to Everton (EVERTON). So it's clearly not about European football, it's about £... stings a little, but who am I to criticise his motivation... but I do think I can criticise his behaviour in the days before the window shuts and his effort since. CPFC have made him financially secure for the rest of his life... none of his kids will ever have to work. He has lied for his reasons for leaving, people working on his behalf/instructions have asked for CPFC to take a financial hit, so he can earn more!
Love WZ as a player, but he is acting like a prick
All well and good but you dont know what promises were made to him over the last few years, or the terms in his contract. Also, the one about we have made Wilf rich, he has made himself rich. He took the chance given to us many years ago, like we have to so many others, and he took it. Just as you say we made him rich, he has made us richer and more established than we ever have been.

He dragged us into the playoffs as a kid, helped us win promotion, then returned to us for discounted wages rather than sit out the length of his united contract to return home. Since then, he has performed consistently, in the face of media, opposition and even home fans pressure, providing us with some of the best single handed performances in the last 20 years.

Any club worth its value would be working out how to build the next five years around him. The club, due to financial constraints, lack of investment and consistently poor windows and planning havent permitted this, so Wilf feels like the if the club he loves he cannot progress at the rate he wishes, then football is a business game and will seek more money and opportunities elsewhere, like every other footballer since the beginning of time has...
Old 07-11-2019, 12:47 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
All well and good but you dont know what promises were made to him over the last few years, or the terms in his contract. Also, the one about we have made Wilf rich, he has made himself rich. He took the chance given to us many years ago, like we have to so many others, and he took it. Just as you say we made him rich, he has made us richer and more established than we ever have been.

He dragged us into the playoffs as a kid, helped us win promotion, then returned to us for discounted wages rather than sit out the length of his united contract to return home. Since then, he has performed consistently, in the face of media, opposition and even home fans pressure, providing us with some of the best single handed performances in the last 20 years.

Any club worth its value would be working out how to build the next five years around him. The club, due to financial constraints, lack of investment and consistently poor windows and planning havent permitted this, so Wilf feels like the if the club he loves he cannot progress at the rate he wishes, then football is a business game and will seek more money and opportunities elsewhere, like every other footballer since the beginning of time has...
Jedi scored in the 89th V peterboro, GM scored a shit ton of goals, Joel Ward cleared off the line, Speroni saved from Troy "Fat-head I speak my mind" Deeney.... Even Wilbraham played his part... Saying he "dragged us in to the play offs" is bullshine.
He signed a 5 year contract... if you're saying he had a verbal promise that he could leave, and he didn't get it written in to the contract, then he is either...

A) ******* moron

B) advised by a ******* moron.

WZ didn't make CPFC rich, he was one part of a team (management/players/board) that has had several years of success.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:49 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:

I've not criticised WZ for wanting to leave, I've criticised how he has gone about it.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wilf always looks happier with Townsend or Meyer on the pitch.
I think Townsend gives him some more freedom to stretch defensives and when they double up it can work well.

Meyers passing and link play also suits Wilf. Granted we all know heís not a winger but drags defenders out and his one-twos with Wilf usually get me excited, albeit it does not happen enough.
I agree re Townsend but TBH his form did dip and it made sense to respond to that by leaving him out. It's worked because he has looked far brighter in his last few appearances.

Meyer, we will have to disagree on I am afraid 'IF' you are suggesting he should be playing to suit Wilf. He really hasn't shown anything like enough to warrant a start. His best bits have been the odd one two around the box but fairly basic stuff in truth. I refuse to write him off still but I do think the clamour for Max is over egged and isn't based upon anything we have seen here. I 'hope' he is as good as some say he is but he has to show that on the pitch.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:10 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Whilst I agree with what you’ve said, it must be hard playing in this team. 4x central defensive MF’s, one LB who’s a total liability at the back, with our tactics of “give Wilf the ball and hope he does something”.

We have given him a platform and rewarded him exceptionally well with it, he’ll get his move but the worry is our lack of planning and also no big team think he’s worth the money.

It’s not black and white.
While I'm also sickened at Zaha's unwillingness to run at defenders, at pace, and risk injury, plus his behaviour over the summer, I agree with you that he has good reason to have had enough of playing here. We've had so many transfer windows now to try to bring in the kind of creative players so lighten Zaha's load and show him our ambitions ( to progress our footballing culture and as a force in the Prem ) matches his. We remain a technically piss-poor side and still rely on defensive solidity and a Zaha moment to win us points. The trouble is, Zaha is now phoning in performances and we have no Plan B. It's why we are still a decent shout for relegation, despite the lucky points we have thankfully accumulated so far.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Jedi scored in the 89th V peterboro, GM scored a shit ton of goals, Joel Ward cleared off the line, Speroni saved from Troy "Fat-head I speak my mind" Deeney.... Even Wilbraham played his part... Saying he "dragged us in to the play offs" is bullshine.
He signed a 5 year contract... if you're saying he had a verbal promise that he could leave, and he didn't get it written in to the contract, then he is either...

A) ******* moron

B) advised by a ******* moron.

WZ didn't make CPFC rich, he was one part of a team (management/players/board) that has had several years of success.
Yet we have had thousands of posts saying "if we sell Wilf" we will go down...comparing Wilf to Wilbraham also is one for the ages
Old 07-11-2019, 02:20 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:

Both you and Mushroom are right. We failed to support Zaha on the field and now he is failing us, both on terms of performance and attitude. Basically, a 'divorce' needs to happen, asap.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:43 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Lucky points, don't make me laugh.

All of the VAR decisions have been justified.

If you want to talk about bad luck how many times have Palace hit the woodwork, been on the end of wonder saves or conceded deflected goals this season.

Apart from the first half at Spurs we have been competitive in every game and fully deserve the points that we have won, in fact if Joel had not slipped in the very last seconds against Wolves we would have accumulated 17 points instead of the 15 that we have won.

Every season we get the same negative attitude from some of fans and where does this get you as Palace are now an established Premier League club in spite of us supposedly being relegation candidates in your eyes every season.

Wilf will leave when Palace agree to a transfer and their valuation is met, not before.

COYP
Old 07-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
If you want to talk about bad luck how many times have Palace hit the woodwork, been on the end of wonder saves or conceded deflected goals this season.
I don't disagree with all of your post, but this is stretching things - I bet we've had our post hit as many times; VG and even WH have made wonder saves; and we've scored at least one deflected goal.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 07-11-2019, 02:51 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Yet we have had thousands of posts saying "if we sell Wilf" we will go down...comparing Wilf to Wilbraham also is one for the ages
Can you show me where I compare Wilf to Wilbraham? just copy n paste it if you will?