Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
While I'm also sickened at Zaha's unwillingness to run at defenders, at pace, and risk injury, plus his behaviour over the summer, I agree with you that he has good reason to have had enough of playing here. We've had so many transfer windows now to try to bring in the kind of creative players so lighten Zaha's load and show him our ambitions ( to progress our footballing culture and as a force in the Prem ) matches his. We remain a technically piss-poor side and still rely on defensive solidity and a Zaha moment to win us points. The trouble is, Zaha is now phoning in performances and we have no Plan B. It's why we are still a decent shout for relegation, despite the lucky points we have thankfully accumulated so far.
Pretty much how I feel.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:54 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Both you and Mushroom are right. We failed to support Zaha on the field and now he is failing us, both on terms of performance and attitude. Basically, a 'divorce' needs to happen, asap.
I've said countless times.. I won't criticise WZ for wanting to moving on....I do criticise how he goes about it.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:10 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I will be as gutted as any one if wilf leaves but I look at his body language he looks so frustrated most of the time when he don't get the right ball to him ect .most teams who play palace just try to mark wilf out of the game sometimes 2 or 3 on him in a Chelsea arsenal team they wouldn't be able to do this as they would have to mark lacazette aubameyang and ozil as well at same time .your very rarely get players critasising there team mates and wilf doesn't but he like us must get frustrated at the lack of quality forwards that has come in the last few seasons RLC was a upgrade but that was only temp same with batshuayi we just muddle threw spending as little as possible so we can't realy complain when a good player has finally had enough and that seems to be were zaha is at this moment in time . What worrys me more is if and when zaha is sold what will happen to the money will it all be put back into the squad or will we see more loans or polish internationals for undiscosed fees .
Old 07-11-2019, 03:21 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
I will be as gutted as any one if wilf leaves but I look at his body language he looks so frustrated most of the time when he don't get the right ball to him ect .most teams who play palace just try to mark wilf out of the game sometimes 2 or 3 on him in a Chelsea arsenal team they wouldn't be able to do this as they would have to mark lacazette aubameyang and ozil as well at same time .your very rarely get players critasising there team mates and wilf doesn't but he like us must get frustrated at the lack of quality forwards that has come in the last few seasons RLC was a upgrade but that was only temp same with batshuayi we just muddle threw spending as little as possible so we can't realy complain when a good player has finally had enough and that seems to be were zaha is at this moment in time . What worrys me more is if and when zaha is sold what will happen to the money will it all be put back into the squad or will we see more loans or polish internationals for undiscosed fees .
I could mark Ozil these days, just need to able to sit on a bench!
Old 07-11-2019, 03:24 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
. Even Wilbraham played his part... Saying he "dragged us in to the play offs" is bullshine.
Wilf did drag us into the playoffs and dragged us through the play-offs was my statement. You responded by saying this was bullshine, having said Wilbraham had played his part, drawing comparison to Wilf.

As for those who say about Wilfs timing of transfer request, could the flip side not be that he told the club at the end of last season that he wants to leave, allowed them 3 months to find a suitor and therefore keep his value (get a higher value for a happy player than a want away player) and when this didnt happen took matters into his own hands. Granted not ideal, but then if we had a proper scouting system, we could have lined up two or three big new additions to the squad, allowed Wilf to move and the overall team could have been better than it is now (See Leicester with the sale of Maguire)
Old 07-11-2019, 03:26 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
The one thing that pisses me off about Wilf is his body language when his team mates make the wrong choice or make a mistake. A few times against Leicester he reacted angrily to not receiving a pass.

If he was on top of his game then he may have the merit to moan but he isnt and should act like a supportive team mate and not a moaning one.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:26 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
Yes he does get frustrated at times and I don't blame him sometimes.

On Sunday he was in good space in the 2nd half for PVA to put him in into the penalty area but PVA decided to take on a 25 yard shot!

Another time in the 1st half in loads of space nobody looked up to get the ball over to him.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in January as it is a better time to sell players than buy them.

At the moment reckon there will be limited interest unless a deal has already secretly been agreed and he is playing the percentage game as opposed to running at defenders and losing possession.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:05 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Wilf did drag us into the playoffs and dragged us through the play-offs was my statement. You responded by saying this was bullshine, having said Wilbraham had played his part, drawing comparison to Wilf.

As for those who say about Wilfs timing of transfer request, could the flip side not be that he told the club at the end of last season that he wants to leave, allowed them 3 months to find a suitor and therefore keep his value (get a higher value for a happy player than a want away player) and when this didnt happen took matters into his own hands. Granted not ideal, but then if we had a proper scouting system, we could have lined up two or three big new additions to the squad, allowed Wilf to move and the overall team could have been better than it is now (See Leicester with the sale of Maguire)
A) Yea, totally see your point now, me listing players that made a contribution to us getting promoted is exactly the same as comparing two individual players.

B) You've just made stuff up

C) He ain't gonna shag you.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:39 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
No way hed cheat on Glaziers Fan.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:34 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
It still baffles me how a combo of Wilf, Benteke, Andros with Max pulling the strings behind doesn't work. It really really should do.
Max has done next to nothing in a year and a half to suggest he can pull any strings. Benteke is finished. Townsend inconsistent. And Wilf wants to go.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:42 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Max has done next to nothing in a year and a half to suggest he can pull any strings. Benteke is finished. Townsend inconsistent. And Wilf wants to go.
This is true. But I get the point andy made. When you consider the players and the ability they have or have had and the age they are are...

Townsend--------meyer-----------zaha
-----------------------benteke-----------------

As an attacking unit should be amazing! Should be a rival to what we are seeing from Leicester this season or there abouts.

Frustrating really but that football I suppose
Old 07-11-2019, 08:02 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Lucky points, don't make me laugh.

All of the VAR decisions have been justified.

If you want to talk about bad luck how many times have Palace hit the woodwork, been on the end of wonder saves or conceded deflected goals this season.

Apart from the first half at Spurs we have been competitive in every game and fully deserve the points that we have won, in fact if Joel had not slipped in the very last seconds against Wolves we would have accumulated 17 points instead of the 15 that we have won.

Every season we get the same negative attitude from some of fans and where does this get you as Palace are now an established Premier League club in spite of us supposedly being relegation candidates in your eyes every season.

Wilf will leave when Palace agree to a transfer and their valuation is met, not before.

COYP
Have Palace publicly stated that he is now for sale, then?
Old 07-11-2019, 11:48 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
As I said in my post Palace have to agree to Wilf being transferred which is not the case at present as they have said nothing about him being available for transfer or given a valuation of how much a club would have to pay if he was made available for transfer.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:48 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Ok thanks.
Old 08-11-2019, 07:44 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
A) Yea, totally see your point now, me listing players that made a contribution to us getting promoted is exactly the same as comparing two individual players.

B) You've just made stuff up

D) Given those replies pointless to respond to you
Old 08-11-2019, 04:57 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

This is spot on

... how do Leicester manage to unearth these diamonds and we cant?
Old 08-11-2019, 05:05 PM

Nostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNostrils came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
This is spot on

... how do Leicester manage to unearth these diamonds and we cant?
I think we're just a bit reluctant to take the risk. In fairness, the proven player model has worked for us so far, but the squad is beginning to look a little bit flat. Our squad, for the most part, are all hard workers that give everything, but it's a shame we haven't tried taking a risk, or rather, one that wasn't as expensive as say Reidewald or Sorloth. Easier said than done I suppose. I think the opportunity has been delayed by the signing of Tekkers and Sakho unfortunately.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:57 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
The more I think about this I don't see him going until the summer personally
Old 08-11-2019, 06:00 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
As I said in my post Palace have to agree to Wilf being transferred which is not the case at present as they have said nothing about him being available for transfer or given a valuation of how much a club would have to pay if he was made available for transfer.
Why do you keep telling us about Palace making him available? I do not recall us saying Ian Wright could go, or Mark Bright or AJ or numerous others. If a big enough bid comes in and the player wants the move, the club could decide to take the money. However I think the big money tends to come in the summer and reckon we should have him for the season but after that I think he will move on
Old 08-11-2019, 08:52 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:

You’ve kind of ignored the biggest factor in what makes what Wilf did seem shitty.

No one offered to buy him at the value we would accept.
No one offered to buy him from the clubs he had openly said he’d like a move to.

Both those things are out of our control.

The Leicester and Maguire thing is the complete opposite. Man Utd offered what Leicester were asking, and let Maguire go. The only comparison is that they refused lower bids because they didn’t meet their asking price just as we did.