Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-02-2020, 09:49 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
You and Maz should get a room.

But I don't want your sloppy seconds!
Old 13-02-2020, 10:00 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Shame Dave doesn't post on here much these days. His comment would be something like, The BBS never ceases to give certain posters an opportunity to show off...
It’s a sad day when someone thinks that stating one flies Club is ‘showing off’.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 13-02-2020, 10:02 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
You little rascal!!
Old 13-02-2020, 10:14 PM

jjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is herejjeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staines Eagle View Post
I flew to Dublin and back from Belfast in September
Sorry, but why would you fly such a short distance? I know the Irish rail system is limited but it should be an overall quicker option??

Not having a pop, I'm even surprised there is such a service.
Old 13-02-2020, 10:30 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I think he means LGW-DUB, then BFS-LGW.
Old 13-02-2020, 10:42 PM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
It’s a no from me. And I think it’s a no from the majority.

However, just done some internal flights in India, it seemed the majority did. And their manners on disembarking are non existent.
Old 13-02-2020, 10:46 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
On the way back from Cuba a couple of years back the girl behind my girlfriend started hitting the back of the seat when she wouldn't move it forward. My mrs being the little grass that she is called the steward who said to her that she's paid for the seat for the duration of the flight and she can (within reason) do what she wants with it.

Since having the 'official' word on it that's my view be it long haul or short haul. If the person behind doesn't like it then they could always... recline their seat too
Old 13-02-2020, 10:59 PM

Twin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTwin of Droy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Very selfish to recline, especially without warning. People don't ease the seat back they tend to fall back.
I've been injured several times by people in front, I simply can't get my legs out of the way.
I used to get wound up and bounce the seat with my knees but have found a diplomatic solution in recent years. After boarding I stand in the aisle next to the person in front so they can see what a freak I am and ask politely if they could please let me know if they are about to recline. I guess this makes them think about the situation and literal impact it has on me and don't recline.
Mostly I just accept that I have to pay for extra legroom, this week just one flight cost me £98 extra to sit in an extra leg room seat.
Old 13-02-2020, 11:00 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
It’s a sad day when someone thinks that stating one flies Club is ‘showing off’.
Is there any difference between club and economy on short haul flights?
Old 13-02-2020, 11:17 PM

Staines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeagle View Post
Sorry, but why would you fly such a short distance? I know the Irish rail system is limited but it should be an overall quicker option??

Not having a pop, I'm even surprised there is such a service.
Sorry I should have said LHR-DUB, BHD-LHR, thanks to cpfc4evandeva for his/her attention to details, better than mine.
Old 13-02-2020, 11:19 PM

Staines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStaines Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
A curtain, sandwich and half a Heineken?
Old 14-02-2020, 12:20 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
My input (I'm 6' 2") is reclining my seat does not add much or any comfort to me. At best I might be able to get my legs under the seat in front of me better at the expense of bruised shins, but more often then not I have a backpack under the seat in front, so becomes null and void.

As for the person in front of me reclining there seat... the only time it sort of annoys me is when I given a meal/drinks and need the tray down (even if its just a coke or coffee with a bag of nuts). I find it becomes pretty claustrophobic having the seat headrest in front in my face and the tray access limited.

Like others, I just suck it up and accept I drew a short straw that day... its not comfortable after an hour or so either way, so I just suck it up and hopefully find a book to read or a movie to watch to take my mind off the discomfort.
Old 14-02-2020, 12:29 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I should add that I/we used to ask for and invariably got an exit row seat which gives you more legroom, but the cheeky feckers have started charging extra for them (at least on American).

Bliss is when there are a few of those seats empty and the flight attendant comes to you and asks that as I'm tall would I/we like to move there. Well it has happened once or twice, but seems every flight I've taken recently is 100% full, so no chance.
Old 14-02-2020, 05:54 AM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I should add that I/we used to ask for and invariably got an exit row seat which gives you more legroom, but the cheeky feckers have started charging extra for them (at least on American).

Bliss is when there are a few of those seats empty and the flight attendant comes to you and asks that as I'm tall would I/we like to move there. Well it has happened once or twice, but seems every flight I've taken recently is 100% full, so no chance.
Last week I was asked to move from an exit row by the staff and the reason? I was wearing a hearing aid in one ear. I don't normally even wear it but just wanted to sure I heard the announcements for gate changes etc. Fortunately I was just allocated the seat and hadn't paid upfront but this was a new one on me.
Old 14-02-2020, 06:04 AM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
'Would passengers please refrain from reclining their seats until after take-off!'

Old 14-02-2020, 06:40 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Shame Dave doesn't post on here much these days. His comment would be something like, The BBS never ceases to give certain posters an opportunity to show off...
Whilst posting this he would attach a pic of his seat cushion that said “first” on it.
Old 14-02-2020, 06:43 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Do you think the majority in Africa and Asia would agree with you.
Old 14-02-2020, 07:12 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Do you think the majority in Africa and Asia would agree with you.
Yes

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-02-2020, 07:12 AM

Jolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJolly Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is a bit annoying when someone reclines before the flight has even took off. Doesn’t bother me that much my Five and eight year old usually encourage them to recline back pretty sharpish.
Old 14-02-2020, 07:23 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Is there any difference between club and economy on short haul flights?
Curtain, food and fawning.

The main differences are not flight-related (on short haul) but are about making the airport experience (at either end) a lot less unpleasant.

It’s only my opinion.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ