Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-02-2020, 10:43 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
He died from pneumonia nearly three months after he fell down that staircase.

Yes and no.

No staircase, no coma, no pneumonia.

Be careful on the stairs.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-02-2020, 10:54 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
If you're tall you need to recline.
Complete shit. Reclining is just rude if you haven't asked politely.
Old 14-02-2020, 11:00 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post

The rude selfish woman in front is 'cold'. This is a classic chance to direct the air nozzle onto her.
Old 14-02-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiswickEagle View Post
It’s a no from me. And I think it’s a no from the majority.

However, just done some internal flights in India, it seemed the majority did. And their manners on disembarking are non existent.
Surely everybody has to recline when finding your place on the wings and fuselage?
Old 14-02-2020, 11:10 AM
Flying High

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Taking the example of TAP and the A321LR/XLR, an aircraft that is used for short flights (Lisbon - Porto) could now also do flights as long as 9 hours (Lisbon - Washington). This aircraft flexibility is crucial to keeping costs down. Seat reclining obviously costs money, but not as much as have a completely separate short haul high capacity fleet.

Airlines that don't do any long haul with a particular aircraft might not choose seats that recline, whilst some do if customer expectation demands it. It's a conscious choice depending on cost and marketing. BA for example have chosen to get rid of reclining seats on their neos due to cost and feedback that many don't see it as necessary, and those aircraft won't be utilised on longer routes due to their long haul aircraft.

Reclining seats will survive on some short haul aircraft simply because of the long haul potential from airlines such as TAP and Qantas with the A321XLR and the 737MAX.

Tshabalabalabalabalaba
Old 14-02-2020, 11:12 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes and no.

No staircase, no coma, no pneumonia.

Be careful on the stairs.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-02-2020, 11:34 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
I have certainly adopted that exact pose on many flights.
Old 14-02-2020, 11:35 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
It reminds me of the callous joke, which I shall now recount, that did the rounds after poor Laura Ashley met her end;

"What runs up curtains and falls down stairs?....."
Old 14-02-2020, 12:18 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
It reminds me of the callous joke, which I shall now recount, that did the rounds after poor Laura Ashley met her end;

"What runs up curtains and falls down stairs?....."
Her as well?? I had no idea.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-02-2020, 12:31 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
The rude selfish woman in front is 'cold'. This is a classic chance to direct the air nozzle onto her.
And put chewing gum in her hair.

"I do apologise. If only you hadn't reclined your seat. Those 5 pieces of gum would probably have fallen harmlessly to the floor otherwise."
Old 14-02-2020, 12:42 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
And put chewing gum in her hair.

"I do apologise. If only you hadn't reclined your seat. Those 5 pieces of gum would probably have fallen harmlessly to the floor otherwise."
Dropping chewing gum on the floor scum!

Worse than Maz and his reclining into my personal space attitude.
Old 14-02-2020, 12:43 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Excellent tip I will definitely be doing this in the future. Although I've noticed most budget airlines in Europe no longer have the reclining option.
Old 14-02-2020, 12:48 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
It’s a sad day when someone thinks that stating one flies Club is ‘showing off’.
Good work, you managed to deflect the suggestion that you were showing off, which you were, by showing off again.
Old 14-02-2020, 12:48 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
If someone reclines their seat in front of me & mine then I'll ask them politely not to do so. If they ignore me I'll whisper a threat. If that doesn't work then it's open season as far as I'm concerned. I've never had an incident go past stage 2. (I told a bloke on a flight to Dublin that I would open up his fat bald head like a watermelon if he didn't move his seat back, which in fairness he did.)

I get the arguments about life being too short etc. But I don't like flying. I don't like other passengers. I just want a quiet life.

The other thing that enrages me is bringing sandwiches onto a plane for short haul. Eat the fecking things in the terminal where I don't have to smell them or listen to you chew. Usually old ladies do this. Arseholes.

For the record, I have never flown 'club' and if I did, I wouldn't humblebrag about it on here.
I just skip to open season straight away. It usually works in a very short time
Old 14-02-2020, 12:52 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
In fairness, he doesn't seem particularly bothered as is in fact using it as a free headrest.
Old 14-02-2020, 01:16 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
My rule on longer flights is, no recline till after the meal.
Old 14-02-2020, 01:26 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
With me no recline unless its a night flight and only when lights are out or longer than about four hours on a day flight.
Old 14-02-2020, 01:41 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Dropping chewing gum on the floor scum!
I would never drop chewing gum on the floor. Only into selfish people's hair.
Old 14-02-2020, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Excellent tip I will definitely be doing this in the future. Although I've noticed most budget airlines in Europe no longer have the reclining option.
Heavy, wheezy, spittle laden breathing will probably help resolve the situation if there is no air con nozzle present.
Old 14-02-2020, 01:44 PM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm pretty sure i read somewhere once that the angle that most airplane seats recline to is the same reclining angle that the Nazi's used on their prison interrogation chairs to induce sleep deprivation.