Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 03-07-2012, 07:22 AM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Oh dear - the bloke playing the interviewer is awful.
I disagree - I thought he caught the angst of an academic interviewer very well, and I thought the plot line that he had a failed book himself worked very well.

Could someone please explain. I was away last week - was this a one-off, is it the first of the new Partridge oeuvre, or did I miss something last week ?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
I disagree - I thought he caught the angst of an academic interviewer very well, and I thought the plot line that he had a failed book himself worked very well.

Could someone please explain. I was away last week - was this a one-off, is it the first of the new Partridge oeuvre, or did I miss something last week ?
It's series but in different formats. So last week it was Partridge showing the viewer around Norwich in a programme entitled 'Welcome to the places of my life' and this week it was a review of his book 'I, Partridge - we need to talk about Alan'.

James - to just disregard the acting as 'wooden' misses the point by quite a margin. Partridge is a deeply flawed character. Furthermore, the programme was on some sort of minor East Anglia tv channel - you're not going to get Richard & Judy.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 03-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
What I like about this series is that they clearly feel like some of those desperate suggestions he makes to Tony Hayers in 'I'm Alan Partridge'.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 03-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Cashback!

SEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Interviewer was a character made to look out of his depth on purpose.
This was meant to be uncomfortable viewing, any episode/documentary featuring Partridge cannot be watched once. You'll need to re-watch maybe 2 or 3 times and pick up on parts that weren't designed to be seen first time round, a prime example - how many have gone back to 'Places of My Life' and listened to the phone conversation Partridge was having on the phone with Liz and then watched back to hear the conversation the Range Rover salesman was having?
2012 - CPFC 3-0 BHAFC
2013 - BHAFC 0-2 CPFC (Play off Semi Final 2nd leg)

Last edited by SEEPEEEFFSEE; 03-07-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:01 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Balls, missed this last night.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
"My watch is waterproof"

Been making me chuckle on and off for the past few days, usually in meetings at work which is a bit embarrassing.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:53 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"ooooh dickens"
Old 03-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
"Can you swim a length underwater?"
"Yes"
"Yeah , so can I "
Old 03-07-2012, 09:11 PM

SexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"You should ask someone before putting ice in it"
Old 04-07-2012, 09:57 AM

sci-dogg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesci-dogg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesci-dogg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesci-dogg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesci-dogg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesci-dogg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesci-dogg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesci-dogg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesci-dogg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesci-dogg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesci-dogg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
KG's 'Bouncing Back' from Toblerone Addiction

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by sci-dogg; 05-07-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:05 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI Eagle
What I like about this series is that they clearly feel like some of those desperate suggestions he makes to Tony Hayers in 'I'm Alan Partridge'.
I'd still love to see "Youth Hosteling with Chris Eubank"
Old 04-07-2012, 11:12 PM
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjuice
I'd still love to see "Youth Hosteling with Chris Eubank"
It could happen. Gordon Ramsey has picked up the idea "cooking in prison"
Old 05-07-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Monkey Tennis?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCCI Eagle
James - to just disregard the acting as 'wooden' misses the point by quite a margin. Partridge is a deeply flawed character. Furthermore, the programme was on some sort of minor East Anglia tv channel - you're not going to get Richard & Judy.
Both you and Richard have missed my point. I am well aware of the character he was playing and I felt that the script and the idea was brilliant. I just thought that the actor didn't play the part very well. It wasn't natural (i.e. as an awkward, academic author working on a minor TV show, but out of his depth). I am well aware that he was supposed to be awkward - but he didn't act the awkwardness very well. It seemed to me very obvious that he was an actor playing a part, and not doing it well - and that's what spoiled it for me.

I hope that's a bit clearer.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:14 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Enjoyed the book one too. Coogan's really fulfilled Alan Partridge's potential - and then some!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:56 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice
Enjoyed the book one too. Coogan's really fulfilled Alan Partridge's potential - and then some!
Definitely. I thought Mid Morning Matters also did well expanding the character, especially when it worked towards the pathos introduced around the female co-presenter.

While I love this new stuff, I think it has gone backwards a little bit from where MMM developed the character.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:50 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Just watched the new stuff and I'm not sure.

I think it desperately misses Lynn and Michael.

That said, there's still snippets here and there which are brilliant. In Open Books, the interaction with the audience was superb. Especially the big stalker type guy who they 'moved on'. And where he stood on his glasses and borrowed some from another audience member.

Wasn't overly keen on Places Of My Life. Not bad but dragged a bit.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Mr Wrong

Great Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreat Lombardi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva
Just watched the new stuff and I'm not sure.

I think it desperately misses Lynn and Michael.

That said, there's still snippets here and there which are brilliant. In Open Books, the interaction with the audience was superb. Especially the big stalker type guy who they 'moved on'. And where he stood on his glasses and borrowed some from another audience member.

Wasn't overly keen on Places Of My Life. Not bad but dragged a bit.
Last night's episode was hilarious.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:45 PM
No longer a student

StudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for youStudentEagle is just too good for you
I haven't seen any of the new stuff (is it on demand on Sky?) but have just finished listening to the audiobook. It's absolutely superb, and great to get "Alan's" perspective on events from the various TV series.

Strava profile
Old 15-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Uzi Lover

Boyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBoyandy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Snippert from the movie released today....