Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-11-2002, 06:32 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer
Quote:
Originally posted by Al from Bromley
They had "minor" parts to play. I thougght it was by and large about establishing where AP has been for the past few years. Geordie Michael and Lynn returned, and both were good in the original series. The teachers? Well, they were...teachers really. The girlfriend only had a very small role so too early to see how that character will develop.
I am not really sure that the acting is all that important; other programmes, such as the Brittas Empire and My Hero are funny because they are so farcical.
Of course its all a question of taste and the willingness/ability? to see beyond the 'one-dimension' that EwMG slags off Alan Partridge for.
Old 15-11-2002, 10:24 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
I watched the rerun on BBC Choice last night and realised just how many funny lines there were in the first episode that I'd forgotten about. Looking forward to the next instalment now.
Old 17-11-2002, 04:07 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Al from Bromley
I watched the rerun on BBC Choice last night and realised just how many funny lines there were in the first episode that I'd forgotten about. Looking forward to the next instalment now.
I saw it on BBC Choice the other night too. Likewise I seemed to enjoy it more than the first time. Is there a number of little subtle nuances you miss first time or perhaps it just grows on you?
Old 17-11-2002, 04:41 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Never really got either Coogan or Partridge, but I am going to watch the second episode with an open mind tomorrow... watch this space.
Old 17-11-2002, 11:42 PM
Nice!

Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Thatch knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
Quote:
Originally posted by firesign
How about Alan and David Brent joining forces to do management seminars? Alan talks about how he has bounced back and David can give it his motivational talk!
Interesting concept, I'll get my people to talk to your people.
Old 18-11-2002, 12:45 AM

JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A little taster....

"Dante of Reading are the Ferarri of coal effect gas fires."
Old 18-11-2002, 11:08 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
I thought tonight's episode was excellent.
Old 18-11-2002, 11:12 PM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
It was very good, I like how they are developing his girlfriends chracter slowly, the foot on spike bit was both grim and funny, loved the mimicking of the Sth Africans accent as well. More catchphrases an all 'Spiceworld!'

His girlfriend used to be married to Des Barnes in Corrie y'know.
Old 18-11-2002, 11:18 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The vomiting during the speech was excrutiatingly amusing. "Don't you just hate it when nothing comes out?"
Old 18-11-2002, 11:22 PM
A rare visitor

You can't. What? Just because I've got a sh*t table?
Old 18-11-2002, 11:26 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If you're going to get aggressive, please do so on the middle of the table.
Old 18-11-2002, 11:57 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
Never really got either Coogan or Partridge, but I am going to watch the second episode with an open mind tomorrow... watch this space.
Went to the pub instead...
Old 18-11-2002, 11:59 PM
A rare visitor

Boring boring Neil!
Old 19-11-2002, 12:01 AM
South London VfB

After working 13 hours straight, I'm fairly convinced I had the better of the deal
Old 19-11-2002, 12:03 AM
A rare visitor

rock n roll (you ARE still touring arent you?) ...it's a sh*t business
Old 19-11-2002, 12:22 AM
South London VfB

Back now, a blinding time.

I'm working on the new Echo - out Sat, if I get my finger out...
Old 19-11-2002, 12:26 AM
A rare visitor

Must do golf soon!
Old 19-11-2002, 08:23 AM

I think it was excellent I laughed out loud several times. Like a fine beer or wine it gets better with age.

I got in, in time to watch Dead Ringers which appealed to me - Russell
Crowe getting builders to provide estimates on the rebuilding of St Albans' Forum was priceless.
Old 19-11-2002, 08:46 AM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Suffered all day, so knew I couldn't stay awake. Work up and saw about 2 mins (the speech bit) then fell asleep again.

When is it repeated on BBC Choice?
Old 21-11-2002, 07:02 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin T
Suffered all day, so knew I couldn't stay awake. Work up and saw about 2 mins (the speech bit) then fell asleep again.

When is it repeated on BBC Choice?
I saw it on Tuesday night at 11pm on BBC Choice and was very disappointed.

I was tired so will give it another go but thought the canned laughter only acted as an obstruction to hearing the dialogue. I found the whole thing very frustrating.