Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-12-2002, 11:18 AM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lynn, you've got ten minutes.

Go give it to her!
Old 09-12-2002, 10:37 PM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Music for Chameleons - love that bass playing
Old 10-12-2002, 08:36 AM
Tired and Emotional

Smurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkSmurph sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Take off the blusher you ugly mis-shapen elephant tranny
Old 10-12-2002, 10:01 AM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Think this is a series too far for Mr Partridge, not finding it nearly as funny as the previous one. Lots of quotable one-liners but that's about it.
Old 10-12-2002, 11:19 AM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
That was the Best Full English breakfast I've had since Gary Wilmot's wedding.

Last edited by Riccardo; 10-12-2002 at 11:21 AM.
Old 16-12-2002, 10:39 PM

GB sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGB sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGB sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGB sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGB sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGB sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGB sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGB sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGB sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGB sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGB sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Anyone agree that Partridge was back to his best tonight? Brilliant!

P.S.
Is the DVD of the first series worth getting if I already own the video box set? Are the commentaries funny?
Old 16-12-2002, 10:45 PM

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Tonights episode was one of the funniest of this series, but it's nowhere near as funny as the second series. For me it's 2, 1, 3 in terms of funniest AP series, probably time to call it a day after this one...
Old 16-12-2002, 11:28 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Tonights was definitely the funniest. Strange the funniest bit had him back in interview mode with Rebecca Front. However it got lost a bit at the end.

1&2 worked. 3 wasn't up to the same dstandard as its predeccessors.
Old 17-12-2002, 12:01 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnA
Tonights was definitely the funniest.
Amazing how different one's views can be on the subject of comedy. Mrs_Blind and I got back from the local in time to watch tonights episode and we settled down, with adequate alcohol on board, to enjoy tonights episode in front of a roaring log fire. After ten minutes of viewing, during which time I had sat there thinking 'this just isn't funny' Mrs_Blind piped up with the comment 'aren't we supposed to be laughing at this'?

Summed it up for me, and I know our views run against the majority, but much of this current series just hasn't been that funny. The odd memorable line but not much else.

Partridge has run its course IMHO and should be buried in the grounds of the Clarence Harbour.

This series was "Norfolk 'n Good"
Old 17-12-2002, 12:40 AM
Fading into memory.

E.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.X Moontoad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Overall the weakest Partridge series,at least compared to the ridiculously high standards set by previous material.Each episode had it's moments, but all too often would flag towards the end with the humour tending to fall a bit on the flat side. Only the third episode in my opinion (Dan...Dan...Dan....Dan,etc) would'nt have looked out of place in the the near flawless first series of IAP, which again was always going to be a tough act to follow.
So far me it's got to be:-

1. Knowing Me Knowing You (Radio).
2. I'm Alan Partridge (Series One).
3. Knowing Me Knowing You (T.V).
4. I'm Alan Partridge (Series Two).
Where I can't be seen, I don't wanna be free
Old 17-12-2002, 08:28 AM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Didn't see last nights (10pm on a monday is way too late for me) but will hopefully catch it later in the week on Choice.

The problem I've found is they haven't put Alan into diverse enough situations this series. Too much has been based in the caravan. Think of the funniest bits of this series and they have all been 'on location' if you know what i mean. obviously didnt want to spend the cash.
Old 17-12-2002, 08:34 AM
Something About Airplanes

Batsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravity
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin T
Didn't see last nights (10pm on a monday is way too late for me) but will hopefully catch it later in the week on Choice.

For those that dont know, its on 11.30 tonight on BBC Choice & 9.30 on thursday
Old 17-12-2002, 08:46 AM

JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Eagle
Amazing how different one's views can be on the subject of comedy. Mrs_Blind and I got back from the local in time to watch tonights episode and we settled down, with adequate alcohol on board, to enjoy tonights episode in front of a roaring log fire. After ten minutes of viewing, during which time I had sat there thinking 'this just isn't funny' Mrs_Blind piped up with the comment 'aren't we supposed to be laughing at this'?

Summed it up for me, and I know our views run against the majority, but much of this current series just hasn't been that funny. The odd memorable line but not much else.

Partridge has run its course IMHO and should be buried in the grounds of the Clarence Harbour.

This series was "Norfolk 'n Good"
The booze I had must have been better than yours!
I do agree that the concept has certainly peaked and the third series was probably a series too far. Maybe the Beatles were right not to ply together after they finished.
Old 17-12-2002, 10:01 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Ignore John A, he shaves his crackling.
Old 17-12-2002, 05:22 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
I missed it last night. Can anybody tell me if it's repeated on BBC Choice at any time?

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 17-12-2002, 07:40 PM

Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268 Panman268
Partridge ....End of an era

Just wanted to post my sorrow at the passing of a legend... I speak of course, of the incomparable Alan Partridge! His latest series may not have been the best but it was great comedy nonetheless. I'm still chuckling at the classic moments I've been privileged to witness.

"Needless to say, I had the last laugh.....f**k off!"
Old 17-12-2002, 07:48 PM

as216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego way
I missed it and don't have BBC Choice.
Old 17-12-2002, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nelson Muntz
I missed it last night. Can anybody tell me if it's repeated on BBC Choice at any time?
Tonite

Also maybe on Thursday
Old 21-01-2003, 04:48 PM

Batsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravityBatsta has found the source of gravity
I brought the first series of AP on DVD at the weekend, spend the last couple of nights watching all 6 episodes. The guy is a genius, all 6 episodes are brilliant.

"Jurrasic park"
Old 17-07-2003, 12:39 PM

UK Gold are repeating the second series this week. 22.20 everynight I think.