Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 19-01-2019, 07:36 PM

Favelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I don't know what is said in the dressing rooms at half time, but we have been very poor in the second half of matches this season. I certainly think a big factor is Roy's use of subs. Invariably he leaves it too late to bring fresh legs on and sometimes I feel he doesn't always make the right substitutions. Do you know we have actually lost 17 points in the second half of games so far and on three occasions we have been winning at half time and ended up losing.

Last edited by Favelly Weston; 19-01-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 19-01-2019, 07:42 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favelly Weston View Post
I don't know what is said in the dressing rooms at half time, but we have been very poor in the second half of matches this season. I certainly think a big factor is Roy's use of subs. Invariably he leaves it too late to bring fresh legs on and sometimes I feel he doesn't always make the right substitutions. Do you know we have actually lost 17 points in the second half of games so far and on three occasions we have been winning at half time and ended up losing.
2 of the 3 are Arsenal and Liverpool. You expect their half time team talk was a riot act, hardly surprising they came out firing!
Old 19-01-2019, 08:03 PM

Favelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFavelly Weston : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
2 of the 3 are Arsenal and Liverpool. You expect their half time team talk was a riot act, hardly surprising they came out firing!
We ended up drawing with Arsenal, but the other two we lost after winning at half time were Watford and West Ham.
Old 19-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
But ****** up against lesser teams far too often
It's not rocket science as to why though is it? We are an excellent counter attacking side, but struggle to break teams down who sit and defend against us. People will talk about the number of shots we had against Burnley for example, but most of them were from range, and not great goalscoring chances. I think we desperately need a player who can unlock defences for those sort of games, probably more than we need another striker.
Old 19-01-2019, 08:17 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
He is judged on results and we keep losing.
Old 19-01-2019, 08:21 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
So constantly missing tap ins is a sign of poor coaching? Maybe Roy should teach MaCArthur, Ward, Benteke, Zaha, Kouyate and Sakho, how to score a tap in from 2 yards out, or at least hit the target!!! Must be his fault theyíve all done that this season!
I said ability and coaching. I would suggest ability has a big part to play with your point
Old 19-01-2019, 11:27 PM

bolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I said ability and coaching. I would suggest ability has a big part to play with your point
These are all players with a history of scoring goals. Itís either technique or confidence - and both can be coached.
Old 20-01-2019, 12:01 AM

smoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
It's not rocket science as to why though is it? We are an excellent counter attacking side, but struggle to break teams down who sit and defend against us. People will talk about the number of shots we had against Burnley for example, but most of them were from range, and not great goalscoring chances. I think we desperately need a player who can unlock defences for those sort of games, probably more than we need another striker.
Nonsense. We create plenty of clear cut chances we just can't finish
Old 20-01-2019, 12:06 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post

We scored 3 today, which is more than the Scousers have conceded at Anfield in many a day.
Old 20-01-2019, 02:05 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
We still lost from a winning position. It's not the first time this season. In fact not the first time this month.
So it's Roy's fault that our actually premiership standard goal keeper is injured and our number two who is a number 2 conceded two piss poor goals. Then our aging and massively out of practice old stage also makes two enormous ******* howlers the match after.

We have been shit in attack for years and shit defensively for years also. We kept 10 odd clean sheets this season and Guaita got five of them but crucially in matches were we did concede he made point winning saves which is the bit Wayne does not do.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 20-01-2019 at 02:08 AM.
Old 20-01-2019, 02:12 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolabolabola View Post
I donít think many teams concede four from a winning position at half time, even against Liverpool.
With their third choice goal keeper FFS.

Football is a game that involves skill. Some of our players at this moment in time are displaying a lack of skill. You can't coach ability. You can only harness it. If it ain't there it ain't there.
Old 20-01-2019, 02:38 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Roy has to play what he has got he had no other choice, Liverpool were gifted yesterday,we played well and love Julian to bits but he is done,you can give out stats how we have lost 17 points from winning positions etc but you have to put this game into context...We scored the goals but two that we conceded were gifts that Hen and our new #1 would have got to.

Nice to see the boy go for it and wtf dont they do this every game !
Old 20-01-2019, 08:05 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Iím with you 100% on the creative player. Sakho is our best player at passing through the lines, who else in central areas is capable of doing that on a regular basis? Jimmy does it at times but otherwise we are so predictable in possession. These kinds of players tend to cost a lot of money though so unless weíve got it (which it seems is not the case) then we have got to give Meyer a run in that position IMO.

Re the striker, nippy would be nice but first port of call for me is looking for a fox in the box type striker with good movement and clever finishing; a Tosun rather than a Niasse if you will. We have a lot of pace in the side, we just need a striker with the intelligence to make the right runs in and around the box. I sit in the corner of the Holmesdale and itís so noticeable how many times a game we get in down the left and end up cutting it back to noone, having the ball cut out or smashing it in to row Z (*cough*Wilf) due to a lack of any other options. A clever striker would have a field day during that situation alone.

Unfortunately they are probably the 2 most expensive positions to sort out and we canít have/donít have the money. Shame as weíd be so much more comfortable.
Old 20-01-2019, 08:18 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levski View Post
Defensive errors all season.
Some terrible finishing too.
It will even out soon & we will climb the table. COYP
Defensive errors all season? Harsh when up to recently (last couple of weeks) we've had the sixth best defence in the league.

Some terrible finishing, yes agree with this but more a lack of of recognised striker at fault for lack of goals.

Also not making substitutions when we are on top to turn the screw. Watford comes to mind here. On one nil up with thirty minutes to play the introduction of benteke would have caused Watford more problems and the equaliser and winner may not have happened because of our extra attacking threat.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 20-01-2019, 08:19 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
I think its a bit of both, we create a lot of chances but we dont create great ones and we cant finish!

As for the player that can unlock a team with a slide rule pass? Roy doesnt play him in his right position. Myer should start over mcarthur.
Old 20-01-2019, 08:30 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
How often did you come away from a Pulis or Allardyce game and say “we were really unlucky there”.

How often do you with Roy?
They both had around half a season and so are skewed by fewer games. In addition they took over hopeless situations so even their poorer games and performances were somewhat mitigated by the context of the situation. Despite this, I remember some truly awful performances under both managers - worse than virtually anything I have seen under Roy's management.

Last edited by Windsor_Eagle; 20-01-2019 at 08:33 AM.
Old 20-01-2019, 08:32 AM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
We have under performed this season and should be higher in the league. He does have good players to choose from. I just hope we go for it against Spurs. At least get some enjoyment and something to look forward to with a cup run
Old 20-01-2019, 08:36 AM

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I donít think many teams concede four from a winning position at half time, even against Liverpool.
Thatís because most teams havenít got near being in a position where they were winning. They just got pummelled from the start. The fact we ran Liverpool close (and then lost to individual errors) seems to be a stick to beat Hodgson with. Would you have been happier if we just lost 3 or 4 nil like most teams? Or maybe hadnít wasted our time by scoring at all?
Old 20-01-2019, 01:57 PM

bolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbolabolabola came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
We missed taps ins, one on ones, simple chances in the box against Burnley. Same with Cardiff. Same with Newcastle. Etc etc etc
Old 20-01-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEFAN View Post
Thatís because most teams havenít got near being in a position where they were winning. They just got pummelled from the start. The fact we ran Liverpool close (and then lost to individual errors) seems to be a stick to beat Hodgson with. Would you have been happier if we just lost 3 or 4 nil like most teams? Or maybe hadnít wasted our time by scoring at all?
The point of this thread isnít about whether yesterday was unacceptable. Itís about this narrative - playing brilliantly and just falling short - happens all the time with Roy in a way Iíve not seen with any other manager.

It happened against Man U, Liverpool at home, Spurs every time we play them, Man City at home last season, Arsenal, Everton (didnít play that well but deserved to win), and others.