Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Yep.

I'd personally make the most of Zaha and AWB's value and reinvest in the squad as a whole. It's far too unbalanced and far too many glowing problems in certain areas.

Getting in excess of £50M for AWB and signing Reece James for £15M-£20m would be great business and still allow us plenty of money to further invest in the squad.

Without derailing the thread you could then sell Zaha, gain Reiss Nelson in a swap deal and sign Lookman and again still have plenty of money left. We aren't that big to be able to refuse big sums of money like potentially being offered this summer. I think people are worried about selling AWB and Zaha because our recruitment hasn't been too clever, but last summer was a sign we're getting it right.

I just feel the squad needs a serious freshen up and to regain some identity at what a Palace squad looks like. Sadly losing two of our best players gives us the best opportunity in doing so.
I like a Palace squad to have academy graduates as the stars. You're selling both of them.
Old Today, 12:45 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
I think the majority of palace fans would behind this , but simply donít believe with current ownership they will invest the necessary
Perhaps, yet selling a player for tens of millions less than what he will be worth in a few years cannot make sense. AWB is so young. Anyone buying him needs to pay a premium for that youth, that likelihood to improve even further and the concomitant massive increase in value he will hold for the buying club into the future. Otherwise, see ya later.

If we are flogging Wilf, I think that's enough talismanic, one-of-our-own fan faves leaving for one season. I can stomach Wilf leaving because the chances are that he is peaking now and will want to 'step up' now that he has peaked. Wilf's value will also only go down from here, as a function of his dwindling contract and increasing age. But none of that is true of AWB.

It's been quite awhile since we've had two top performers being chased at the same time, ( Wright & Salako was probably the last time ) and I don't like the return of the feeling of that arrogant, familliar assumption that little old Palace are just going to roll over whenever some Billy Big Bollox club slaps down their price and says 'we'll take him from here.' I can stomach losing Wilf. It's probably time, if there is going to be a time. But AWB? For £50M? They can do one.