Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 22-12-2016, 03:46 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
I use the tiny basic TC Ditto. Don't know much about the more complicated units. It's good for my purposes and you seem to be able to layer stuff indefinitely, but you can't save anything. Some of the fancier multi delay pedals come with built in loopers now.
Thanks, Foetus.
Went for the Electro Harmonix Nano. Has a saving facility, but still very simple.

Thought about the BOSS RC-3, which is stereo, so useful for putting my Roland jd-xi through, but thought I'd play around with the simplest one first. Just a toy, really.
Old 22-12-2016, 07:29 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
That EHX nano looks sweet. You'll have some fun with it. I think they're a good practice tool.
Old 22-12-2016, 08:09 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Ok folks, the wife is kindly buying me a looper pedal tomorrow for Christmas. Lost my old one ages ago.
What do you reckon - Boss RC-3, Nano or Ditto?
Want something with some loop memory, so I guess the RC-1 is out.
Don't want to spend more than a ton - this a just a noodling toy for me.
Ditto. I've been looking into this for a while and, for me, they seem to give the best sound. If it's just for noodling then go.

If you want to save stuff, however, To view the link you have to Register or Login.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 23-12-2016, 12:35 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
The JamMan looks interesting, but went for the Nano. Simplicity and saving feature sold it to me. Might upgrade later. After I've spent stupid money on a new combo...
Thanks for the guidance, chaps.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:57 PM

Danny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is hereDanny_Cheviot Sam the man is here
Learning guitar in my 40s so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Starting on acoustic and will go electric when a little more confident.

Like this guy's site: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Guitar Guitar in Epsom is treat when I'm in town.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:27 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot View Post
Learning guitar in my 40s so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Starting on acoustic and will go electric when a little more confident.

Like this guy's site: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Guitar Guitar in Epsom is treat when I'm in town.
Never too late to have fun!
We have a new branch of Guitar Guitar in Camden. It's costing me too much money!
Really friendly staff, good range of gear and OK prices. They've been brilliant with my two lads who both play.
Kudos for letting a 13 year-old sit on their sofa in the acoustic room playing a Martin worth more than a grand. He had a great time.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:35 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
The JamMan looks interesting, but went for the Nano. Simplicity and saving feature sold it to me. Might upgrade later. After I've spent stupid money on a new combo...
Thanks for the guidance, chaps.
late to the party, was gonna suggest looking at the Boss looper, they're pretty cool.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:39 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
late to the party, was gonna suggest looking at the Boss looper, they're pretty cool.
Did, but no saving facility on the RC-3.
What I like about the Nano is that it's more of an old school pedal. I'm not so keen on most digital models. Too much faffing.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:40 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Picked up one of these and I have to say I am a fan. they're stupidly small, really affordable and super light. Fairly loud too when cranked and plugged into a 4x12.

got an AC30 but it's just too hard getting it around, also they sound best when you crank the **** out of them and without getting an attenuator, I'd go deaf even live.

The way the micro dark is voiced I think it weirdly sounds better 'clean' than the micro terror, (which is meant to be a 'cleaner' less metal amp) Micro terror sounds a bit ratty around the edges, think it's the way the mids are.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:51 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Picked up one of these and I have to say I am a fan. they're stupidly small, really affordable and super light. Fairly loud too when cranked and plugged into a 4x12.

got an AC30 but it's just too hard getting it around, also they sound best when you crank the **** out of them and without getting an attenuator, I'd go deaf even live.

The way the micro dark is voiced I think it weirdly sounds better 'clean' than the micro terror, (which is meant to be a 'cleaner' less metal amp) Micro terror sounds a bit ratty around the edges, think it's the way the mids are.
That looks interesting.
I am now after a Dallas Rangemaster pedal. Stupidly expensive though.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I recently bought a 2016 Gibson Les Paul 50's Tribute T, ordered from Amazon. I paid 649. I love the Satin finish. Feels a little lighter than other LP's I've played but that's no bad thing. Feel wise, the neck is lovely and the 50's profile suits my hands. It only needed the B string tuning otherwise it was ready to play. Intonation is spot on. Soundwise, it sounds great clean but dirty things up and oh my...

Last edited by carlito; 08-01-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Did, but no saving facility on the RC-3.
What I like about the Nano is that it's more of an old school pedal. I'm not so keen on most digital models. Too much faffing.
oh, it should do?, it has a memory bank so I assumed it did. used one with a band live and we basically used it as a sampler.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
That looks interesting.
I am now after a Dallas Rangemaster pedal. Stupidly expensive though.
if you're up for a challenge, you could go somewhere like BYOC (build your own clone) and they sell kits with all the parts for cloning pedals then you put it together yourself.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito View Post
I recently bought a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Ordered from Amazon. I paid 649. I love the Satin finish. Feels a little lighter than other LP's I've played but that's no bad thing. Feel wise, the neck is lovely and the 50's profile suits my hands. It only needed the B string tuning otherwise it was ready to play. Intonation is spot on. Soundwise, it sounds great clean but dirty things up and oh my...

pretty tasty, I got lent a 70's Lawsuit gold top for something and it was really ******* sweet.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
pretty tasty, I got lent a 70's Lawsuit gold top for something and it was really ******* sweet.
This one is a blinder. Plays really well and has that sound. It's a genuine USA made Gibson without the added farkles on the Standard for 649. Makes me wonder why people buy Chinese copies.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:37 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
When you say lawsuit, do you mean an Ibanez? On the Boss, I think you're right, but their equivalent of the Nano can only save 1 loop. The Nano goes up to 11.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
When you say lawsuit, do you mean an Ibanez? On the Boss, I think you're right, but their equivalent of the Nano can only save 1 loop. The Nano goes up to 11.
Not an ibanez but same era. was a copy of a les Paul, even down to the fonts. Cant remember who made it though. Had these really lovely bare knuckle pickups in it too. No scratch plate,
Old 08-01-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Ahh i see.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:49 PM
The Bringer of Joy

I have a '76 Ibanez LP Custom. Better than than the Gibson I had from the same period.
Neither as good as the '82 SG2000.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:40 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
I tried to resist, but I was quoted 430 and it's a limited edition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0182.JPG (1.04 MB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (1.09 MB, 34 views)