Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-11-2019, 09:23 AM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just finished Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. Can’t recommend it enough. I’ve heard the film is horrible but it’s on Netflix so that’s my Monday night entertainment.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:26 PM
Evicted fron E Block

Andy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAndy in Rome came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Starting 2 new ones.
On Kindle - Murder At The Brightwell by Ashley Weaver
On paper- The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter.
Especially looking forward to the latter one.
I'd prepare to be disappointed.

The concept is a clever one and there are a few elements of the story that are so clearly down to an on-form Pratchett, but overall I found it pedestrian and quite frankly hard to finish.

Good idea for a story sadly wasted.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:49 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
On the strength of the good reviews on here, I downloaded The Enemy (Jack Reacher). Currently reading the sample and liking it so far.

For an Englishman, James Grant seems to have the US military lingo down, not that I would know if it is bullshit or not!
Old 11-11-2019, 05:54 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
On the strength of the good reviews on here, I downloaded The Enemy (Jack Reacher). Currently reading the sample and liking it so far.

For an Englishman, James Grant seems to have the US military lingo down, not that I would know if it is bullshit or not!
Do you mean Lee Childs?
Old 11-11-2019, 06:00 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
Do you mean Lee Childs?
Well sort of, as James Grant is his real name and Lee Child his pen name, I wasn't sure what to call him.

I guess in this case, as I'm talking about the author I should have called him Lee Child.