Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 04-06-2019, 07:50 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Apparently there invoking the rematch clause for November/December..

I'm with Vegas, perhaps a low level tune up be in order, but then there's the risk of alphabet soup mandatory wise.

With Parker fighting on June 29th and Chisora earmarked for July 20th

There mooted clash would make a decent support as would Taylor vs Persoon II
Old 05-06-2019, 08:17 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
GGG in a low key showcase fight on DAZN this weekend, should be a walk in the park.

Oscar Valdez also fighting, hoping Frampton, post August tune up, may get a shot at him and of the year
Old 05-06-2019, 08:30 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
AJ reiterates he had a good camp, no blame and denies the panic attack suggestion. He doesn't make any reference to the concussion in camp allegation though he just doesn't blame anyone else. Some people like to blame Hearn but I think they both wanted to go ahead and otherwise it wouldn't have happened. I think its entirely plausible that AJ's dad didn't want him to go ahead and wanted Eddie to stop it, but ultimately its up to AJ and he has taken it on the chin. Assuming he wins his belts back he may open up a bit more. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-06-2019, 10:17 AM
Keeping The Faith

I noticed he said he wouldn't be opposed to having the rematch in New York, exorcise the demons of you will.

For me that would be folly, far better to have home comforts and a partisan crowd.

That it's winter, Cardiff must be a favourite for venue
Old 05-06-2019, 11:43 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Definitely didn't see AJ losing but I've always been a bit worried about his chin. I don't have a problem with him losing, many of the best have a losses on their records but he gets put in trouble and on his backside far to often to keep getting away with just power. Everyone is slagging Eddie Hearn but I think he's managed him brilliantly. He has had him on top of the world making big bucks and a superstar when, probably, all along knowing that he has a defeat in him. He has kept him away from Wilder and Fury making it look like they were the ones not taking the fight.

I think AJ will regain at least one of the belts but he'll never be ale to call the shots again. Wilder will put him on his back in 3 and Fury will school him to a points win. AJ should fight the likes of White and Dubois as big British fights.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:45 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
I noticed he said he wouldn't be opposed to having the rematch in New York, exorcise the demons of you will.

For me that would be folly, far better to have home comforts and a partisan crowd.

That it's winter, Cardiff must be a favourite for venue
He had a team of 24 people fly with him to New York, thats insane and mentally draining in itself. I know a couple of people that do his security. I doubt very much that he had a panic attack, but I do think he has been beat up a lot in sparring. I doubt that it will be made public though.

He really needs to stop being a brand and go back to basics. Rocky 3 style !!!!
Old 05-06-2019, 12:27 PM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've just watched the fight. Ok it was with hindsight but Joshua was barely present, got knock down every time a punch landed and didn't appear to care when it was waved off. It doesn't appear to be the performance of a man in prime mental condition. Sad
Old 05-06-2019, 01:53 PM
Keeping The Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas78 View Post
He had a team of 24 people fly with him to New York, thats insane and mentally draining in itself. I know a couple of people that do his security. I doubt very much that he had a panic attack, but I do think he has been beat up a lot in sparring. I doubt that it will be made public though.

He really needs to stop being a brand and go back to basics. Rocky 3 style !!!!
Yes he needs the Eye of the tiger!

He could do worse than go see, Wlad, Larry Holmes or Lennox, hone his jab, which should be one of his key strengths.

And pulling his right hand back, else he be a sucker for Ruiz lefr
Old 05-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
All 3 belts on the line for the rematch. Good work by Eddie. The "governing bodies" are just businesses as everyone knows and they make more money this way. I agree its likely to be Cardiff and I fancy going personally.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:13 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yes he needs the Eye of the tiger!

He could do worse than go see, Wlad, Larry Holmes or Lennox, hone his jab, which should be one of his key strengths.

And pulling his right hand back, else he be a sucker for Ruiz lefr
100% mate, If he fights him again he needs to make it the most boring fight he can, the truth is well out there his chin is his weakness, work on his defense and he can rebuild.

I would swerve the rematch for the time being but fair play to him.

Last edited by vegas78; 07-06-2019 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:35 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Actually that was the telling part of the stats. (see attached article) Persoon landed 13 more punches in total than Taylor, but Taylor landed 10 more power punches than Persoon which as you say would have caught the judges eyes and might be why despite others suggesting she had lost the fight it was enough to give her the nod. I still think a draw was a result no one would have objected to and would have paved the way for a rematch without any controversy.

P.S the state of Persoons face suggested she had been far from a convincing winner. She looked like her face had gone on fire and got put out by a fecking shovel. Lol.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
With punch stats, power punches doesn't necessarily translate to "powerful punches" it's just a categorization for punches that aren't a jab. So like I said, it offers no indication of the quality of punches, only your eyes can tell you that. And from what I saw, Taylor was landing a lot of arm punches and failing to keep Persoon off her. Not all were ineffective punches of course - Person's face certainly indicated she shipped some good shots, but even that can be misleading as people's faces can cut and swell and generally just react differently to punishment. I've seen certain fighters take numerous shots and not mark up, while others, like Persoon, swell early in the fight.

For me, Persoon clearly won that fight. Many rounds were close, but she got the better of it. She landed more punches, she landed more effective punches overall and she dictated the tenor of the fight, forcing Taylor into a style of fight which was advantageous to Persoon.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:19 PM

cpfc50 knows the things you wanted that you could not saycpfc50 knows the things you wanted that you could not saycpfc50 knows the things you wanted that you could not saycpfc50 knows the things you wanted that you could not saycpfc50 knows the things you wanted that you could not saycpfc50 knows the things you wanted that you could not saycpfc50 knows the things you wanted that you could not saycpfc50 knows the things you wanted that you could not saycpfc50 knows the things you wanted that you could not saycpfc50 knows the things you wanted that you could not saycpfc50 knows the things you wanted that you could not say
We are going to be spoilt next weekend - tons of boxing on.

All about June 15th - Josh Warrington vs Kid Galahad on BT Sport 1HD and BT Sport 4k UHD and Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz on BT ppv live from the MGM Grand Las Vegas.
Face Off: Josh Warrington v Kid Galahad
Meet the Gypsy King Tyson Fury in Red Versace Robe
Tyson Fury short film: One year on from the greatest comeback in boxing history (9th)
Fury: Wilder can suck my nuts lol

p.s You might wanna buy that extra EXTRA food & drink (Don't over do it lol)

Last edited by cpfc50; 08-06-2019 at 12:21 PM. Reason: extra extra comment lol
Old 09-06-2019, 07:20 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 10-06-2019, 11:25 AM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
GGG in a low key showcase fight on DAZN this weekend, should be a walk in the park.
Steve Rolls actually made a decent fight out of it early doors, catching him cleanly on a number of occasions. Didnt take long for triple G's power to shine through.

I think GGG is starting to age and his defenses are suffering. If he rematches Canello he'll need to be more careful as he'll suffer if he tries to rely on his speed.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:09 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Love this interview with Josh Warrington: To view the link you have to Register or Login

"'I'll tell you how life has changed since those two wins,' Warrington says. 'I got some free olives when I was out at Gino's the other day. I'm not sure I would have got that if I wasn't world champion."

"I remember I would be out and about with a few birds when I was 15 or 16 and my dad would drive past and see me, and start shouting, "Josh, stop p****** the bed".
'I don't know what kind of parenting that was but it was definitely character building"
Old 12-06-2019, 09:25 AM
Keeping The Faith

Must get through his fight with Barry this weekend, then can earn a few bob stateside..
Old 13-06-2019, 09:19 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Headed to York Hall next week for the benn,cheesman card. I haven't been to live boxing for a while having been dissappointed with the view you get at the big venues. So looking forward to it.

Does anyone know what sort of time the main 3 or 4 fights will come on?
Old 13-06-2019, 09:36 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I think I'm in York Hall the following day for the Irish Invasion. I fully expect that most of the action will take place outside of the ring.
Old 13-06-2019, 09:44 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Headed to York Hall next week for the benn,cheesman card. I haven't been to live boxing for a while having been dissappointed with the view you get at the big venues. So looking forward to it.

Love York Hall. The view off the balcony is amazing.
Old 13-06-2019, 10:11 AM
Keeping The Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post

Tidy card, Cheeseman failed on the European stage, but is lively domestically, I think the winner of Fitzgerald vs Rose is mooted for him in the first part of next season.

Benn, punches like a mule, but gets hit too often for my liking.. I think he'll pick up a Lonsdale strap, European maybe, but will get caught out if they put him in with the elite.

Crowd pleaser Spider Richards on the bill also