Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 10-06-2019, 06:38 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Bargaining tools

I'm still waiting to see one. The only two we've even talked about are

1: Leaving with no deal - ie ******* ourselves over to get what we want
2: Not paying - ie ******* ourselves over to get what we want.

There are no bargaining tools. There never have been.
You make it sound that the 66 million people that live in the UK have nothing to offer anyone where it's just the EU's bitch and has to do what it's told and thats that.

I'm starting to see things from a different perspective now
Old 10-06-2019, 07:03 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I don't think threatening not to pay agreed debts give us much leverage. That doesn't make us the EU's bitch. The UK always gets a lot of respect and has a lot of influence - but we do have more influence and soft power when we do the right thing than when we behave like brats. Everyone does.

I'm worried Boris has seen the way Trump has treated Mexico, and wants to emulate it. I can't help feeling we would be the Mexico in that relationship.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:05 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
You make it sound that the 66 million people that live in the UK have nothing to offer anyone where it's just the EU's bitch and has to do what it's told and thats that.

I'm starting to see things from a different perspective now
We have had 3 years to reveal a bargaining chip and haven’t yet. Perhaps we’re still waiting for the appropriate moment to “reveal our cards”.

In negotiations the uk is the eu’s bitch. A free trade deal is worth more to us than them, there are more of them than us, their economy is worth more than ours and they didn’t forget that they shared a land border with us.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:22 PM

Jonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Approaches to negotiation:

1) Let's identify a solution where no one gets screwed, and work towards this (the intelligent approach)
2) Let's make sure everyone gets screwed, but only a little bit (the lawyer's approach)
3) I don't care if I get screwed. As long as you get screwed more than me I have won (the Trump approach)
4) We insist that the outcome where we get really, really screwed is part of the negotiation (the Brexit approach).
Old 10-06-2019, 08:17 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
Ok Cheers for the summary I didn't realise the £39bn relates to existing agreed ongoing financial commitments.
I don't want to be funny, but what did you think it was for?
Old 10-06-2019, 09:31 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
Not really. We're interdependent, the difference is that they have established trade deals and agreements with markets world wide, and we still have to negotiate them. As such, BMW might take a short term hit, but it only has to recover sales in other markets, and the costs of relocation of work (which other countries eager to get the work will pay incentives for).

Where as if we lose BMW in the UK, the impact is more serious. We'd have no capacity to replace that work, employment and industry lost.

And if we put tariffs on cars from the EU, then they'd do the same, and we'd probably lose Japanese car manufacturing in the UK as well.
I was being sarcastic
Old 11-06-2019, 03:01 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I assume this has already been posted. How does this bloke get away with such blatant bigotry?
Old 11-06-2019, 03:18 PM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
I was being sarcastic
Your worst sarcasm is probably still more palatable that actual shit Leavers have come out with.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:15 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
This is the remainer in you speaking again, I think as one of the largest traders in the world other countries will know this is bargaining ploy by the UK, it would not matter one jot to them and know it will all eventually come out in the wash.

Countries have trade wars tariffs,hold back money all the time, what's so special about the UK not doing the same to try to get what it wants ?

I held back money from the builder of my house until I got what I wanted,he was going to sue me ,threatened me (which was funny) all sorts but in the end we came to a compromise, I got what I wanted and so did he... It works
It's not a remainer opinion that we legally owe £39 billion for spending commitments we've made to the EU,it's just a fact.And if we don't pay it the EU will probably take legal action to get it anyway because we legally owe it and we won't be trusted to sign another trade agreement again because we would be shown to be quite happy to not pay up on our commitments.I don't understand what part of this you're arguing?
Old 11-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
It's not a remainer opinion that we legally owe £39 billion for spending commitments we've made to the EU,it's just a fact.And if we don't pay it the EU will probably take legal action to get it anyway because we legally owe it and we won't be trusted to sign another trade agreement again because we would be shown to be quite happy to not pay up on our commitments.I don't understand what part of this you're arguing?
Butler thinks stiffing your suppliers a la Trump is a good business model.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:13 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Exactly. We have committed to future EU projects and the fact we won't be around to benefit from them is the 51.8%'s fault and not the EUs. It's not like a charity pledge that can be backtracked on. This is a binding contract.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:20 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Butler thinks stiffing your suppliers a la Trump is a good business model.
And of course Spaffer de Pfeffel is a Trump worshipper.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:18 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
I wonder how much longer his handlers can keep him out of the media spotlight. Is he scheduled for any appearances tomorrow?
Old 11-06-2019, 07:19 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexRed&Blue View Post
Yes true if the £39 Billion relates to existing ongoing financial commitments we have agreed to rather than an additional amount we should honour it.

We have never reneged on our financial commitments before and this may result in a reduction in our credit rating and an increase in interest rates to support the Pound.
Isn't there a fairly substantial amount owed to Iran?
Old 11-06-2019, 07:44 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I wonder how much longer his handlers can keep him out of the media spotlight. Is he scheduled for any appearances tomorrow?
I think he is being unveiled tomorrow afternoon, possibly looking unrecognisable.

I wonder what the plan is to keep him out of the spotlight if he wins?
Old 11-06-2019, 07:54 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Can't we have someone from a comprehensive rather than a public school boy?
Old 11-06-2019, 07:54 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
I think he is being unveiled tomorrow afternoon, possibly looking unrecognisable.

I wonder what the plan is to keep him out of the spotlight if he wins?
It worked when he stood for the Mayor, it is the same Australian PR team which helped him then working with him now. Same tactics, keep him away from the press so no gaffes and good PR videos with strong messages.

The power of advertisement used rightly of course
Old 11-06-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
It worked when he stood for the Mayor, it is the same Australian PR team which helped him then working with him now. Same tactics, keep him away from the press so no gaffes and good PR videos with strong messages.

The power of advertisement used rightly of course
It would be nice if they all used the same PR tactics!
Old 12-06-2019, 09:39 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post

I assume this has already been posted. How does this bloke get away with such blatant bigotry?
Because, in reality, its popular opinion.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post

Liz Truss, who speaks for him, implied on Radio 4 this morning that the British public loves him for all these reasons.