Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 22-05-2019, 06:23 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPeanutSeller View Post
Stone me, imagine having to choose between Corbyn and Johnson at a general election. Personally, I would like to see Truss as leader, as the country should be led by someone with the same name as a surgical appliance.
The same Liz Truss who made a complete and utter clusterfvck of being LC ?

Yeah, good one
Old 22-05-2019, 06:36 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
And his marital indiscretions are sure to cause problems amongst the more righteous on the right.
Worked well in the US with the evangelicals and Hamster Head that one....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 22-05-2019, 06:43 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Trying to think how this plays out. Presumably the new encumbent will want as long a period as possible after Brexit to set a domestic agenda. They start from a position with positives. Lowest unemployment since 1974, highest percentage of 16-64 year olds in employment on record, near record number of vacancies, highest percentage in history going into higher education, millions of additional workers now in occupational pensions and the budget deficit at just over 1% of GDP. So the opportunity for a spending and investment surge to redistribute wealth for demographic groups and regions neglected over the past couple of decades.
Old 22-05-2019, 06:54 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
It's fine as long as you stand up to racism, sexism, homophobia and prejudice every time you encounter it in said countries with horrific human rights records.

Or you could refuse to make £ from the aforementioned countries. I’d chew my swingers off before working in Saudi Arabia.

www.palacecomrades.com
Old 22-05-2019, 06:59 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Trying to think how this plays out. Presumably the new encumbent will want as long a period as possible after Brexit to set a domestic agenda. They start from a position with positives. Lowest unemployment since 1974, highest percentage of 16-64 year olds in employment on record, near record number of vacancies, highest percentage in history going into higher education, millions of additional workers now in occupational pensions and the budget deficit at just over 1% of GDP. So the opportunity for a spending and investment surge to redistribute wealth for demographic groups and regions neglected over the past couple of decades.
There is no opportunity. Whatever positives may exist now will be completely destroyed by the disaster of a managed Brexit, or the catastrophe of a no-deal Brexit. The only chance of any sort of 'reform' (take your pick what constitutes reform according to your personal beliefs) agenda has is if Brexit is cancelled. A premiership under any other eventuality will be utterly devoted to crisis-management.
Old 22-05-2019, 07:29 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Or you could refuse to make £ from the aforementioned countries. I’d chew my swingers off before working in Saudi Arabia.
Except you are only making this point in order to sling mud at another poster (it’s barely thread-relevant) so that rather undermines your credibility.

Personally, I think it’s fair game to criticise people’s opinions on here ; but rather dodgy if you don’t know them to criticise their life choices.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 22-05-2019, 07:46 AM
Green man

OldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
The same Liz Truss who made a complete and utter clusterfvck of being LC ?

Yeah, good one
Good sense of humour skills.
Old 22-05-2019, 08:04 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I can see a similar scenario as 92, 30 years on..

May 2022, Labour ahead in the opinion polls, tipped to triumph, but the Sun posting some anti leftie scaremongering, and the Tories clinging on for another 5 years..

Then perhaps a softer approach, Watson perhaps? New, New Labour, triumphantly returning in 2027

Plus Ca Change- Things can only get better

Last edited by gold76; 22-05-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old 22-05-2019, 08:12 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Gove is probably the best in the bunch.
Old 22-05-2019, 08:23 AM

CamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCamberleyEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Isn't Corbyn on wife number 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
As with Trump, that part of the right only pretends to be righteous when it suits them.
Old 22-05-2019, 08:23 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Except you are only making this point in order to sling mud at another poster (it’s barely thread-relevant) so that rather undermines your credibility.

Personally, I think it’s fair game to criticise people’s opinions on here ; but rather dodgy if you don’t know them to criticise their life choices.

Heb said

“As with Trump, that part of the right only pretends to be righteous when it suits them.”

I think, it’s relevant to the thread to point out he is righteous, but when it suits him (financially) he will seek employment from a country that has a awful human rights record.

Unless of course... you think we shouldn’t point this out.

www.palacecomrades.com
Old 22-05-2019, 08:25 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:

As for criticising their life choices, didn’t you once wrongly say someone had a drink problem?

“The bottle is a cruel mistress”

www.palacecomrades.com
Old 22-05-2019, 08:30 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
...of rotten bananas.
Old 22-05-2019, 08:33 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Heb said

“As with Trump, that part of the right only pretends to be righteous when it suits them.”

I think, it’s relevant to the thread to point out he is righteous, but when it suits him (financially) he will seek employment from a country that has a awful human rights record.

Unless of course... you think we shouldn’t point this out.
Very good point Mushroom
Old 22-05-2019, 09:06 AM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
The last two Tory prime ministers have been dreadful and made damaging decisions (and indecisions) that have had an adverse affect upon this country and perhaps created some derision in the wider world .....surely we cannot contemplate Boris with his track record being in charge of the shop?............Oh yes we can!
Old 22-05-2019, 09:24 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
If your object is to drive half the population into poverty and build up the billionaire class, personally I don't consider this to be a worthwhile objective.
Old 22-05-2019, 09:27 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
You do realise that it is the Tory party leadership election?
Old 22-05-2019, 09:28 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
If your object is to drive half the population into poverty and build up the billionaire class, personally I don't consider this to be a worthwhile objective.
When was the last time ANY government in the UK managed to close the gap between rich and poor?
None of them give a shit.
Old 22-05-2019, 09:36 AM

Cambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd like the see the one that doesn't simply stick their fingers in their ears and their head in the sand when listening to what the UN rapporteur on extreme poverty has to say about Tory policies win the leadership election.

Which would be.... none of them?
Old 22-05-2019, 09:38 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
When was the last time ANY government in the UK managed to close the gap between rich and poor?
None of them give a shit.
Callaghan wasn't it?