Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 22-05-2019, 03:43 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Him and Apologetic John, whose own sanctimony is a truly wonderful thing.

If Heb didn’t seek employment in a country with a terrible human rights record, I will of course apologise.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:44 PM

Cambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
I'm figuring you too have seen this tweet from Sky journo Jon Craig
Yep. Sounds like various Tory leadership hopefuls have decided the best way to outflank BJ is to be the one to kill May off and get the process up and running ASAP.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:52 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Anyway, anyone got any guesses on who will be the next Tory leader?
Javid, slick, polished, media savvy, well educated, erudite, urbane..

Any real **** ups thus far?
Old 22-05-2019, 03:55 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
If Heb didn’t seek employment in a country with a terrible human rights record, I will of course apologise.

I doubt he needs your apologies. The BBS might though, if you are going to repeat this canard every time he posts something yo don't like. It's a pisspoor way of trying to shut someone up.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 22-05-2019, 03:56 PM

Cambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Javid, slick, polished, media savvy, well educated, erudite, urbane..

Any real **** ups thus far?
Refers to himself allegedly as "The Saj". Allowed a baby to die simply to further his own political ambitions. Runs the most inept and callous department in Whitehall.
Old 22-05-2019, 03:57 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
You have to wonder how they came up with Michael Howard, or Ian Duncan Smith.
IDS, no idea, he has nothing but my contempt for his role at DWP

Howard, being devil's advocate, an experienced safe pair of hands..

Last edited by gold76; 22-05-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 22-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Keeping The Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post

I think your post is downright nasty, very personal, and worthy of an offficial complaint to the Mods TBH. But for years that has been your posting style. I can't say I am surprised, but you constantly disappoint. Is this a persona that you bring to the internet or are you like this in real life? No wonder others find you strange and have no interest in meeting you.”
I've met Maz in real life on a couple of occasions, one a memorable boozy affair in a pub in Wandsworth Common, Stevek was in tow too, god this would have been a good ten years plus ago..

Irascible yes, but riotously good company over a Guinness
Old 22-05-2019, 04:05 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
I doubt he needs your apologies. The BBS might though, if you are going to repeat this canard every time he posts something yo don't like. It's a pisspoor way of trying to shut someone up.

The last thing I want to do is shut Heb up... great contributor... agree with 90% of what he says.
Old 22-05-2019, 04:05 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've met Maz in real life on a couple of occasions, one a memorable boozy affair in a pub in Wandsworth Common, Stevek was in tow too, god this would have been a good ten years plus ago..

Ah, the good old days. These days, Maz is mainly stealing my inheritance

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 22-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:

It's been too long, Chris, true.

Whatever happened to BBS drinks : they seemed to disappear after we left the Championship behind.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 22-05-2019, 04:07 PM
Keeping The Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
I think I read 100,000 conservative members voted for Clarke to be PM.

Impossible to imagine now.
I'm a disillusioned Labour voter, but I did have to write to my local MP, fatty Soames, to congratulate him for speaking out against the asinine decision to withdraw the party whip from Lord Heseltine.

In all wars there are heroes on both sides
Old 22-05-2019, 04:10 PM
Keeping The Faith

Quote:
It's been too long, Chris, true.

Whatever happened to BBS drinks : they seemed to disappear after we left the Championship behind.
Be a good time to bring them back!
Old 22-05-2019, 04:11 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
From my point of view, what happened were children

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 22-05-2019, 04:12 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
From my point of view, what happened were children
Ah, yes. Had forgotten that.

Families have a lot to answer for.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 22-05-2019, 04:13 PM
Semper Idem

DAmmit, are we allowed to generally chit chat about this sort of stuff in the politics forum?

(And is AJ allowed to irrelevantly resurrect 10 year old threads from User Help and Suggestions in here for that matter?)

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 22-05-2019, 04:15 PM

Jonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJonboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Semantics.
Geography.
Old 22-05-2019, 04:35 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:

I’m sure he’s wonderful company. One day I’ll let him buy me a drink as way of apology.
Old 22-05-2019, 04:37 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can guarantee it’s not personal. I have no axe to grind, I just feel you were being a tad hypocritical. You’re not beyond criticism Heb. I’ve not insulted you, just your comments about people being “righteous when it suits them”... just set off my hypocrisy alarm.

We are all hypocrites to different degrees.
I get criticised for what I say all the time on here. I expect to be. Sometimes I'm wrong and I hold my hands up. But so far as I can tell you didn't disagree with what I said (that the family values right drop their moral righteousness when it comes to politicians they like). Instead you wanted to have a pop at (as it turns out an incorrect) detail of my personal life, which even if it had been true would have been pretty tenuous to the issue at hand. So it's obviously personal, regardless of your guarantees.

And I've no interest in talking about my personal life on here, and certainly not with you. As I said, and as you're evidence of, people take that personal information and use it to try have a pop. It's made the BBS shitter and less friendly than it was. I've tried (not always successfully) to focus on criticising people's opinions the last few years, but I'm not absolving myself of blame.

But this is a message board and I'm happy to discuss ideas. Yours was that people (me in this case) who have lived in countries with poor human rights records can't criticise politicians whose moral righteousness with their opponents actions disappears when the exact same actions are committed by their own side.

I think it's a shit argument and, without being personal, I'd be interested in seeing you defend it. Do you really think a foreign teacher in Thailand, or someone at an NGO in the Middle East, or an aid worker in Sudan is morally culpable for the human rights of those governments? I find the idea that it is only where someone works and not what they do (or indeed why they do it) pretty weak.
Old 22-05-2019, 04:48 PM
Semper Idem

Poor mushroom.

Fed bullshit and kept in the dark by Apologetic John.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 22-05-2019, 04:50 PM
sleep chaser

Tory leadership election

I think you sound hypocritical if you criticise people for being “righteous when it suits” if you financially benefited from a corrupt country.

I totally understand why you don’t want to discuss this... I wouldn’t either.

You can criticise politicians all you like... you are totally free to do so in this country.