Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 20-05-2019, 03:45 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
He did do well at Leipzig - I watched him maybe half a dozen times as the Bundesliga was live on NZ tv at very convenient times. But there are some caveats:
- he was often used as a sub so he tore through tiring defenders
- he was playing for a very good team (finished 2nd iirc) with an excellent striker (Timo Werner)
- the team was set up well for his strengths (though, arguably, so is Palace) of counter attacking at pace
- the Bundesliga is not the Premier League.
When you say 'often' used as a sub, he played 11 league games for Leipzig and 4 of those were from the bench. Total minutes roughly equated to 6.5 games.

Averaged a couple of shots per 90 mins, created 2.5 chances, a couple of dribbles and picked up a couple of free kicks.

This season in the PL he has been a sub with 18 of his 21 appearances off the bench, and only a few minutes more than his time at Leipzig, just over the equivalent of 6.5 games.

Still averaged in that time a couple of shots per 90 mins, 1.5 chances, however 3.5 dribbles and 3 free kicks.

If we are looking for a creative spark then he is not a bad option. If Wilf goes we lose a player able to get on the ball and run with it and commit players, Lookman who is still developing looks like he could do that. His stats in an attacking sense, apart from goals and assists, this season stack up pretty well against Townsends.

Question is whether regular playing time and starting will see the same level of output and increase the goals and assists. Not to mention you would hope at 21 there is an improving player in there.
Old 20-05-2019, 04:18 PM

BadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBadenEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Thanks. He looked class in Holland, how's he doing in Deutschland?
Had a good season. Looked a player in the games I saw and both the Media and fans think highly of him.
Old 20-05-2019, 05:00 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Think he would suit us perfectly
Old 20-05-2019, 05:00 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Daily mail reporting our interest.

Yes please, let the boy flourish in his home surroundings. He's got a lot of ability, at only 21 with limited amounts of game time up until now he's got heaps of potential. Get him playing regularly in an environment which is suited for him to express himself and run at players.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 20-05-2019, 05:07 PM
Snidey little rat.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Question is whether regular playing time and starting will see the same level of output and increase the goals and assists. Not to mention you would hope at 21 there is an improving player in there.
It will also have a lot to do with the crowd not getting on his back because they are expecting Wilf Mk2

The BBS - Where Briighton trolls have imaginary lawyers.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:36 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's the one I want.

He won't replace the threat Wilf carries immediately, but I think he could do very well with a good run of games
Old 21-05-2019, 09:43 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Everton also looking to get rid of wallcott

If zaha does go and we could get lookman and wallcott in for around 20m to replace ayew and zaha wed probably be 50k p/w and 50m + better off. Wed also have a hot prospect and an experienced proven player both of which would suit 433 and 442 in our style of play.

Lot of money left over for a striker etc

Walcott and Lookman on 80k per week between them?! Do me a favour!!!

Walcott would be on at least that by himself!
Old 21-05-2019, 09:44 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Quite like the look of James at Swansea, ultra pace.
Going to Manc United
Old 15-06-2019, 06:15 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Besiktas supposedly interested now, I hope we don't miss this opportunity. At 21 years of age Zaha was at Cardiff struggling massively. This is the club who will really take to Lookman's raw ability to beat a player, but he's also got a good eye for goal and final delivery.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 15-06-2019, 09:27 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Besiktas supposedly interested now, I hope we don't miss this opportunity. At 21 years of age Zaha was at Cardiff struggling massively. This is the club who will really take to Lookman's raw ability to beat a player, but he's also got a good eye for goal and final delivery.
I doubt Lookman will come near the standard of Zaha .
Old 15-06-2019, 09:31 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
He is a player we should desperately want. Reckon he could play on the wing and also cover for Zaha up front in the 4-4-2. He's a goalscorer. Lacks pace but has good feet and good end product. 25m would surely do it. But we don't have a pot to piss in. Cash strapped Palace.
Old 15-06-2019, 09:34 AM

Old Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
I doubt Lookman will come near the standard of Zaha .
I’m sure you’re right, but if Zaha went, we would have no chance of finding a replacement who was just as good. We would just have to do the best we could.
Old 15-06-2019, 12:39 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bill View Post
Im sure youre right, but if Zaha went, we would have no chance of finding a replacement who was just as good. We would just have to do the best we could.
Change the style a bit , bournmouths Scottish winger
Old 15-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
He’s worth no where near 25m.
Old 15-06-2019, 02:32 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Hes worth no where near 25m.
Sadly he is because:
1. He's at a rich Premier League club
2. He's a youth international of one of the strongest youth national sides in the world
3. He's impressed when out on loan
4. He's being linked to other rich (ish) Premier League clubs

No1 is the key driver, with no4 too. Is nothing to do with being English per se. Players with far weaker records are often sold to Prem clubs for similar fees/not much less and a few years ago when all fees were less.

For the record, I rate him. My type of winger.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 15-06-2019, 03:03 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Course he is. It's 2019
Old 15-06-2019, 03:22 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post

Walcott and Lookman on 80k per week between them?! Do me a favour!!!

Walcott would be on at least that by himself!
Sorry I missed this

Alas if its not too late Id love to do you that favour and recommend either reading lessons or maths lessons.

I said if zaha AND ayew are replaced by walcott and lookman (assuming similar wages) I estimated wed be 50k p/w better off.

You seem far too smug for some one so totally wrong so I looked into it.. press report wilf = 130k p/w. Ayew 50k p/w = 180k p/w

Press also report walcott = 100k p/w. Lookman 23k p/w = 123k p/w

Now... for that help.

If palace spent 180k pw less because ayew and zaha left but got Walcott and lookman on current wages at 123k pw then wed actually be 57k ow better off. Obviously the wages would vary as a result of negotiations and allowing for that not being exact but...my ESTIMATE of 50k pw was not far away.

So, thanks for your sarcasm, I hope you appreciate mine
Old 15-06-2019, 06:56 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Sorry I missed this

Alas if its not too late Id love to do you that favour and recommend either reading lessons or maths lessons.

I said if zaha AND ayew are replaced by walcott and lookman (assuming similar wages) I estimated wed be 50k p/w better off.

You seem far too smug for some one so totally wrong so I looked into it.. press report wilf = 130k p/w. Ayew 50k p/w = 180k p/w

Press also report walcott = 100k p/w. Lookman 23k p/w = 123k p/w

Now... for that help.

If palace spent 180k pw less because ayew and zaha left but got Walcott and lookman on current wages at 123k pw then wed actually be 57k ow better off. Obviously the wages would vary as a result of negotiations and allowing for that not being exact but...my ESTIMATE of 50k pw was not far away.

So, thanks for your sarcasm, I hope you appreciate mine
So you reckon Lookman would sign a contract with us for 23k a week?

Boll^H^H^H^H I don't.
Old 15-06-2019, 07:18 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
So you reckon Lookman would sign a contract with us for 23k a week?

Boll^H^H^H^H I don't.
Not what I said though is it
Old 16-06-2019, 03:42 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think he probably is. Maybe not the full 25m but not far off.