Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 21-06-2019, 09:45 PM

andybontour : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandybontour : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandybontour : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandybontour : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandybontour : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandybontour : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandybontour : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandybontour : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandybontour : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandybontour : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineandybontour : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Love AWB but if it’s £55m for him, £10m to bring Nat Clyne back home (had injuries and less attacking than TTA but still solid defensively) plus £45m change to buy Mitrovic etc then I’ll take that.
Old 21-06-2019, 10:07 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Clyne at 28 would still be a useful replacement for AWB, but since moving from Southampton has gone off the radar somewhat. Extended injury, and the fabulous form of Trent Alexander Arnold at Liverpool accounts for this. There is probably better out there for similar money and lower wages. Reece James and Timothy Castegne are good examples.
Old 21-06-2019, 11:36 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's easy to underestimate the weight of not starting, worse not making the bench. Frustration and doubt grows and confidence ebbs away. Being first choice, familiar surroundings, the crowd behind him, Nat could easily rediscover the form that had us predicting he'd play for England in his debut season - but now as a seasoned PL player. As long as he stays injury free 12m is a bargain.
Old 21-06-2019, 11:58 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey View Post
It's easy to underestimate the weight of not starting, worse not making the bench. Frustration and doubt grows and confidence ebbs away. Being first choice, familiar surroundings, the crowd behind him, Nat could easily rediscover the form that had us predicting he'd play for England in his debut season - but now as a seasoned PL player. As long as he stays injury free 12m is a bargain.
I imagine his wages would be high, making him into another Benteke that we can't shift, if it doesn't work out. I'd feel better with a younger player, with something to prove and wages that won't kill us or put off a prospective buyer if we wish to sell before contract's end. I'd only want us to consider high wages on a proven player to fill a big hole in our squad. The Benteke 'hole' seems pretty big so Bats or Mitrovic would be worth paying heavily for. Clyne, I'm not so sure about.
Old 22-06-2019, 12:03 AM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
I imagine his wages would be high, making him into another Benteke that we can't shift, if it doesn't work out. I'd feel better with a younger player, with something to prove and wages that won't kill us or put off a prospective buyer if we wish to sell before contract's end. I'd only want us to consider high wages on a proven player to fill a big hole in our squad. The Benteke 'hole' seems pretty big so Bats or Mitrovic would be worth paying heavily for. Clyne, I'm not so sure about.
FFS we get it. You hate Benteke.
Old 22-06-2019, 12:23 AM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmasape View Post
FFS we get it. You hate Benteke.
Actually, no. I even supported Benteke right through the season before last and halfway through the most recent. ( Look it up if you doubt me ) I said things like, 'back our players,' 'class will tell,' ect. I do blame the transfer of Benteke for a litany of striking, creative and financial problems we wouldn't have right now if we'd kept Murray and Gayle plus brought a quality CAM, but that's hardly Benteke's fault.

I was merely using Benteke as an example ( I'd say comfortably the best example we've ever had ) of the danger of playing high wages, especially for an aging, often injured Clyne, and even more especially when we have a position far more important to invest into. The fact that the greater problem position exists directly because of our choice to go for Christian Benteke, who has done almost nothing for his £10M wages over the last two years, is just an extra irony. The turd icing on a cake of shit, if you will. Still doesn't mean I hate Benteke, though. He's just a great example of the point I was making.
Old 22-06-2019, 12:38 AM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Fair enough.
Old 22-06-2019, 12:53 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Actually, no. I even supported Benteke right through the season before last and halfway through the most recent. ( Look it up if you doubt me ) I said things like, 'back our players,' 'class will tell,' ect. I do blame the transfer of Benteke for a litany of striking, creative and financial problems we wouldn't have right now if we'd kept Murray and Gayle plus brought a quality CAM, but that's hardly Benteke's fault.

I was merely using Benteke as an example ( I'd say comfortably the best example we've ever had ) of the danger of playing high wages, especially for an aging, often injured Clyne, and even more especially when we have a position far more important to invest into. The fact that the greater problem position exists directly because of our choice to go for Christian Benteke, who has done almost nothing for his £10M wages over the last two years, is just an extra irony. The turd icing on a cake of shit, if you will. Still doesn't mean I hate Benteke, though. He's just a great example of the point I was making.
but do you have to make the same example on every thread?

Re Clyne, looked bang average at Bournemouth, I'd rather a younger option
Old 22-06-2019, 01:06 AM
N14 and not so proud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
but do you have to make the same example on every thread?

Re Clyne, looked bang average at Bournemouth, I'd rather a younger option
It's not 'every' thread. Benteke is the prime reason why we are cash-strapped AND in need of the high expense of a new striker this window, both of which factors causes us to have to sell AWB to balance books and focus on the biggest hole in our squad. So I used this example on the AWB thread.

Benteke stands as the best example of the danger of paying high wages, so I used that example on this thread, as a reason to consider someone other than Clyne. It's hardly an obsession.

And if Benteke somehow becomes an asset again, I'll be as delighted as anyone. Unfortunately, he seems to need a fit Wilf Zaha next to him to be remotely effective. Let's see if that's possible by August.
Old 22-06-2019, 03:25 AM

steve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteve hail came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't forget Wilf looked 'bang average' at Cardiff City. I wouldn't write Clyne off. If he is happy back at Selhurst, he might surprise everyone with how good he still is.
Old 22-06-2019, 04:18 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Surprised at how many people are saying he's finished. Frozen out at Liverpool due to the sudden emergence of Alexander Arnold, although I do remember him coming in out of the cold Vs Man Utd last season and having a stormer in a 3-1 win.
Old 22-06-2019, 05:11 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Rather have Fosu Mensah , one year left on his contract , admittedly loosing his way a bit but only 21 and might only be around 5 million. A risk but not as great as one as Clyne

Last edited by aj4england; 22-06-2019 at 05:13 AM.
Old 22-06-2019, 05:19 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Rather have Fosu Mensah , one year left on his contract , admittedly loosing his way a bit but only 21 and might only be around 5 million. A risk but not as great as one as Clyne
Great shout.

Very versatile too, and I may be in the minority but I saw something in Fosu Mensah. I think he could be a solid signing.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 22-06-2019, 05:19 AM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Liverpool fans say he is a bit of boozer. Always being seen out on the town pissed up.
£12m and £70k a week is an expensive package for a RB for Palace.

There have been rumours of the like above about him, so the club really needs to do some due diligence on this and where he is at mentally if seriously considering him as an option.

I would prefer we look for younger better value elsewhere.
Old 22-06-2019, 05:41 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PemboExpress View Post
£12m and £70k a week is an expensive package for a RB for Palace.

There have been rumours of the like above about him, so the club really needs to do some due diligence on this and where he is at mentally if seriously considering him as an option.

I would prefer we look for younger better value elsewhere.
and not do another deal with Liverpool for now
Old 22-06-2019, 06:27 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Abysmal at Fulham. I did like him though....
Old 22-06-2019, 07:24 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Abysmal at Fulham. I did like him though....
Most were abysmal at Fulham letís be honest. TFM would be a decent signing imo or the lad the wankers had on loan at Villa.
Old 22-06-2019, 07:42 AM

MikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMikeTheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Liverpool fans say he is a bit of boozer. Always being seen out on the town pissed up.
Are we re-signing Darcy Blake?
Old 22-06-2019, 07:45 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
TFM displayed the faster burst of pace I’ve ever seen from a footballer, against Huddersfield I think, and I thought we had someone who could be superb. Over the season he did ok, but had a tendency to lose his man.

He’s young and can learn his trade. I’d go for him and get him up to speed.
Old 22-06-2019, 07:52 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Most were abysmal at Fulham letís be honest. TFM would be a decent signing imo or the lad the wankers had on loan at Villa.
Only basing that on a Fulhan season ticket holder who said he was the worst player in their history. This wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't been going since the early 80s! Of course he was exaggerating but gives you an idea of the impact he had there.

But as I said before l liked him. Not sure Roy did.