Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-07-2019, 02:07 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
How has this turned from somewhere for the OP to get his lunchtime sandwich to suggestions for a pub crawl?
Old 11-07-2019, 02:10 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
If you just want to drink. Sainsbury's and Lincolns Inn, this time of year.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:42 PM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lyceum on the the strand is good. A Sam Smiths, so cheaper, plus it has the dinky little booths so you can read yer lunchtime Proust in peace.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:50 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Packed lunch.....
Old 11-07-2019, 03:03 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
The Maple Leaf? That used to be a great night out.
Yes, good beer, food looks alright too..
Old 11-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Years ago, I went to a bar in the central bit of Covent garden itself, it might have been called the pie shop..

Basically you could by a meat pie downstairs then there's a bar upstairs..

Ticks all the boxes
Old 11-07-2019, 04:32 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Aye. There was a photo of me in there on the wall behind the bar a few years back.
A photo on the wall of you behind the bar? Not another still from their CCTV set-up! Were you after the till again?
Old 11-07-2019, 04:47 PM
jft39

west country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest country boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
A photo on the wall of you behind the bar? Not another still from their CCTV set-up! Were you after the till again?
Old 11-07-2019, 05:00 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Years ago, I went to a bar in the central bit of Covent garden itself, it might have been called the pie shop..

Basically you could by a meat pie downstairs then there's a bar upstairs..

Ticks all the boxes
West Cornwall Pasty outlet, yes it was good, but I think it's gone now.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:03 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
How has this turned from somewhere for the OP to get his lunchtime sandwich to suggestions for a pub crawl?
Because he can get a fooking meal deal in Sainsbury's with the rest of the proles. Getting a decent pint requires more input.

Slim, pubwatch.

Wcb, lol you tinker.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:11 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by speagle View Post
Just moved work from square mile to Covent Garden. Finding it extremely busy and expensive to grab lunch.

Used to know a few places in the mile where you could get pub grub and a pint for £8 (Cheshire Cheese), street food (Fenchurch Street Station) around £6, Pizza Union for £6, a few little sandwich shops etc.

Convent Garden is like £12 for a pint and a toasties. Just a big tourist trap. Any little gems in the area?

Cheers.

No idea about pub meal and drink offers. Never really eat in pubs.

Ecco - cheap pizza (not as cheap as it once was but still very good)
My old dutch on a Monday £5.95 for most pancakes
Hiba at Holborn station does shawarma wrap, chips and drink for about £6
Leon on kingsway passable for about £6/7
Not tried Chloe but assume that it cheap from outside.
Benitoís hat was ok for a burrito

Not much in the way of street food markets that I know of. I go to leather lane or the Brunswick for that kind of thing.

Overall I wouldnít bother though either donít eat or bring something in. I rarely spend more than a couple of quid for a salad from work on the basis that spending the best part of £10 for convenience food winds me up.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:20 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Iíd be useless if I drank at lunchtime and then went back to work. My Dad used to do it in the 80/90s when he worked in town. I know it was a thing in yesteryear but do people still do it?
Old 11-07-2019, 08:35 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
No idea about pub meal and drink offers. Never really eat in pubs.

Ecco - cheap pizza (not as cheap as it once was but still very good)
My old dutch on a Monday £5.95 for most pancakes
Hiba at Holborn station does shawarma wrap, chips and drink for about £6
Leon on kingsway passable for about £6/7
Not tried Chloe but assume that it cheap from outside.
Benitoís hat was ok for a burrito

Not much in the way of street food markets that I know of. I go to leather lane or the Brunswick for that kind of thing.

Overall I wouldnít bother though either donít eat or bring something in. I rarely spend more than a couple of quid for a salad from work on the basis that spending the best part of £10 for convenience food winds me up.
Leon is utter shite.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:36 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Iíd be useless if I drank at lunchtime and then went back to work. My Dad used to do it in the 80/90s when he worked in town. I know it was a thing in yesteryear but do people still do it?
Only Absinthe for me these days...
Old 11-07-2019, 08:55 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Not much in the way of street food markets that I know of. I go to leather lane or the Brunswick for that kind of thing
I think there are street food stalls and a few cafes in the 'Jubilee Market', which is just south of the main market area and piazza ...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-07-2019, 09:50 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
I wouldnít worry London will all be Pret A Manger soon. You can pay £12 for a sandwich and a smoothie then.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:11 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I’d be useless if I drank at lunchtime and then went back to work. My Dad used to do it in the 80/90s when he worked in town. I know it was a thing in yesteryear but do people still do it?
Reduced a lot, atleast in my experience. Think my era(I'm 42 now) caught the back end of the good days when I was about 20-30 where it was considered normal to go pub every lunchtime! Sadly now 2 shandies on a Friday work lunchtime seems to be 'living it up'
Old 11-07-2019, 10:16 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post
Reduced a lot, atleast in my experience. Think my era(I'm 42 now) caught the back end of the good days when I was about 25-30 where it was considered normal to go pub every lunchtime! Sadly now 2 shandies on a Friday work lunchtime seems to be 'living it up'

I'm 60+ now but when I was in my twenties it wasn't unusual to go to lunch at 12 and return some time after 5.

You often needed to find a members club as the pubs shut at 3 p.m.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:19 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Used to back in the late 80ís early 90ís. Wasnít unusual for 5 or 6 at lunch and then back to work. Only time i drink at lunchtime now is if Iím not going back to work and staying out for a session
Old 11-07-2019, 10:22 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Used to back in the late 80ís early 90ís. Wasnít unusual for 5 or 6 at lunch and then back to work. Only time i drink at lunchtime now is if Iím not going back to work and staying out for a session
We used to drink most lunchtimes and pub at noon on Friday TIL we went home thatís PR.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal