Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 01-11-2005, 09:23 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Xbox 360

Who's getting one of these on release? Does anybody know of anywhere I could pick one up in which I will get one for the release date?
Old 01-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

You have a slim to zero chance of getting one if you haven't pre-ordered one - sorry.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:42 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oops. Sorry. Had a look for another thread but guess i didn't look hard enough.

What about my chance of getting one for Christmas?
Old 01-11-2005, 09:46 PM

sam bater was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldsam bater was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldsam bater was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldsam bater was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldsam bater was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldsam bater was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldsam bater was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldsam bater was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldsam bater was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldsam bater was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldsam bater was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
I pre-ordered mine from argos.co.uk and they are still staying they will delivery the core system by 2nd Dec it just means you will have to buy a wireless control and memory seperately rather than in a bundle pack.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No prob

Like I said, if you haven't pre-ordered one, the chances of you getting one before Xmas will be pretty slim. I think the stock to the UK isn't as great as it could be, which is a shame.

Still, there's always Ebay...

Good luck!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:16 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Best bet is on a "core system", I'll be shocked if the deluxe one starts coming back in till the new year!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i've ordered a deluxey one.

as long as it comes before mid jan I'll be ahppy
Old 02-11-2005, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sam bater
I pre-ordered mine from argos.co.uk and they are still staying they will delivery the core system by 2nd Dec it just means you will have to buy a wireless control and memory seperately rather than in a bundle pack.
That's a good plan. The wires don't really concern me anyway. What other downfalls are there? I hear the core console doesn't play old x-box games or does it mean they can only be played with a hard disk? Not that that really concerns me either as I doubt I'll go back. Annoying that you get 2 games with it though. I want Call of Duty 2 and PGR more than anything else.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:41 AM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
You need the hard drive to play old games as it will store/have the emulation software on it. You also miss the HD cable, an ethernet cable and xbox live headset. All depends how bothered you are about those things.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
What do you get on deluxe that you don't get on core?

Dunno whether to ask my girlfriend for an X-Box or a season ticket.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:03 PM

CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0
I pre-ordered the deluxe one a few months back from my local Game. The manager says he cant guarantee that I will get one on the release date even though I am number 25 on the pre-order list (he has now stopped taking pre-orders). I have serious reservations.

Their website says if you ordered after 230pm on 22nd August you cannot be guaranteed one before Xmas. I pre-ordered on the 23rd August.

To say I am fed up is an understatement.

Has anyone actually been told by any shop/retailer that they are going to get one on the release date ?
Old 02-11-2005, 02:19 PM
iMember

The problem is shops taking pre-orders before they know numbers. Game were eager to take pre-orders as they need the money apparently. I'm getting one release date, well we've been told we should be able to fulfill orders made, we hadn't started taking pre-orders when game stopped.

The difference between the two packs is deluxe has wireless controller, core has wired.
Deluxe has "HD" component AV cable, core has standard.
Deluxe has removeable hard drive included, core has no storage device included.
Deluxe comes with ethernet cable, Live headset and for a limited time (I'm guessing the first batch) a remote control (which, unlike last time isn't need to play DVDs etc.). Core has none of them.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
So you don't get a standard HDD like the old one?

If so, unlike Microsoft to rip off the consumer.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:25 PM

CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0
Quote:
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
The problem is shops taking pre-orders before they know numbers. Game were eager to take pre-orders as they need the money apparently. I'm getting one release date, well we've been told we should be able to fulfill orders made, we hadn't started taking pre-orders when game stopped.

The difference between the two packs is deluxe has wireless controller, core has wired.
Deluxe has "HD" component AV cable, core has standard.
Deluxe has removeable hard drive included, core has no storage device included.
Deluxe comes with ethernet cable, Live headset and for a limited time (I'm guessing the first batch) a remote control (which, unlike last time isn't need to play DVDs etc.). Core has none of them.
Do you work in a shop selling 360s then ? Can I ask which one ?

The manager of my local Game told me he isnt even sure he is going to get one and he is number 2 on the list (hmmm not that I actually believe that statement).

Surely, they are going to get 25 consoles in on the release date ?
Old 02-11-2005, 05:33 PM
iMember

Quote:
Originally posted by CoolHandFlex
Do you work in a shop selling 360s then ? Can I ask which one ?

The manager of my local Game told me he isnt even sure he is going to get one and he is number 2 on the list (hmmm not that I actually believe that statement).

Surely, they are going to get 25 consoles in on the release date ?
I work at MVC, we were told by the games guy at our head office when, as a company, we'd ordered what is considored to be too many. I say I feel confident as I ordered mine the day they were available to order, so I could even be number 2 in the company, now if that means nothing it really will be time to move on!

I think Game, and other companies are allocating to a lot of online customers too, now I don't know whether online customers or shop customers will take priority in these situations but people really don't know (unless they aren't letting on) how many consoles are going to be there day one!

Brett I think microsoft have done it to provide a cheaper alternative to casual gamers who aren't bothered/don't know what the point of the HDD is. Huuuuge plus point for me is being able to plug my iPod into it to listen to music rather than ripping all my CDs again! Although it better play AAC
Old 02-11-2005, 06:09 PM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
So you don't get a standard HDD like the old one?

If so, unlike Microsoft to rip off the consumer.
I don't actually think that £280 a brand new console with HD & extras is that bad personally.

Itís the £40 a game that I think is a bit harsh.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Sweating bullets

palacefan4life is playing for a contract
''Deluxe has "HD" component AV cable, core has standard.''

Does this mean it comes with a HD ready (High Definition) AV cable??
Old 02-11-2005, 07:52 PM
iMember

The Deluxe one does, the core will come with the same cable as the XBox.

Thats what the end of the cable will look like.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:16 PM
iMember

Apparently Microsoft are being complete idiots over the 360, only stores that have sold tons of XBox's. Where I work we've still negotiating over how many we're going to get. Which means we could be getting some angry customers on release day! However we're hopeful of getting our allocation, although I kinda expect not to get anymore after that date!
Old 13-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I'm gonna hope for the best and try woolies or smiths or somewhere quiet about 8 am 2nd dec.