Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:11 PM

ReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Suggestions for Smart DVD/Blu Ray players

I was looking to upgrade to a smart TV in my living room as I like watching BBC iPlayer, etc. However, I only have a 26 inch space available. My son suggested a Smart DVD/Blu Ray player instead, so does anyone have any suggestions as to which model to go for? I think iPlayer and Netflix would be the apps I would use most frequently, and I need something that will work over a wireless connection, as I don't have phone cables at that end of the house. Under 200 would be best, budget-wise. Cheers.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:09 PM

Chucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChucky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm sure you could get a PS3 for well under that amount. It supports Netflix, iPlayer and a few others. It'd work with wireless and there's also the option of playing games if you get really bored!
Old 02-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Eating Organic Thistles

saul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesaul1664 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had really bad quality issues streaming netflix from a PS3 and believe there are performance issues related to this.
"Thank you, Rabbit. And if anyone says in a Loud Voice 'Bother, it's Eeyore,' I can drop out again."

http://nightmaresinadamagedbrain.wordpress.com
http://saulisshootingforthemoon.wordpress.com
Old 02-08-2014, 10:38 PM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This thread might help

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 03-08-2014, 01:52 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingPalace View Post
I was looking to upgrade to a smart TV in my living room as I like watching BBC iPlayer, etc. However, I only have a 26 inch space available. My son suggested a Smart DVD/Blu Ray player instead, so does anyone have any suggestions as to which model to go for? I think iPlayer and Netflix would be the apps I would use most frequently, and I need something that will work over a wireless connection, as I don't have phone cables at that end of the house. Under 200 would be best, budget-wise. Cheers.
Richer Sounds do Blu-Ray smart boxes from 40 To view the link you have to Register or Login but at this price and most under 100 or so you will have to buy a Wi-Fi dongle separately but it does appear you can use non Panasonic dongles as well.

I have a Samsung Bd9600 (?) Blu-Ray/HDD/Smart box on the main telly (Samsung) and an LG BP630 Blu-ray smart box on the 'dumb' LG bedroom telly. The Samsung works perfectly with the TV but the LG has some issues connecting to the LG TV. I try to keep the brands matched in this case as then you usually have more connectivity features and can often use one remote for both although brand matching isn't really necessary.

If you don't have cable or phone line nearby you could always use Powerline adapters to feed the signal to your nearest mains socket To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by LN1; 03-08-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 18-08-2014, 08:36 AM

ReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineReadingPalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks for the advice everyone. I went for a Samsung BD-H6500 in the end. This seems to offer all the 'catch-up' services that I was looking for, plus Netflix, and works fine so far via a wireless braodband connection. It was also available on 'Clubcard boost', and I had enough vouchers to pay for it, so it didn't cost me anything!
Old 25-08-2014, 04:39 PM

krupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I bought last week a fab 22" Samsung with built in smart bits Netflix included full HD Wifi loads of ports great looks in white cost me 169 with free next day delivery. ..Argos via eBay couldn't be happier and it's all in one unit. ..or you could get thw NOW box for a tenner. ..