Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 16-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
newsnow and java download

Hi folks - regularly use newsnow but today I keep getting the page covered over with it requiring a java download. It behaves oddly because it starts to download without me doing anything. I do use java on my pc and I have updated that directly and so I reckon this could be something dodgy as it is still happening.

Anyone else having something similar?
Old 16-08-2014, 03:42 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Hi folks - regularly use newsnow but today I keep getting the page covered over with it requiring a java download. It behaves oddly because it starts to download without me doing anything. I do use java on my pc and I have updated that directly and so I reckon this could be something dodgy as it is still happening.

Anyone else having something similar?
Its trying to download something from here according to McAfee

To view the link you have to Register or Login... may be risky to visit

I have run a scan and definitely not accepted anything, cancceeling out each time it tries to download. Also been to java site with both browsers and checked java versions on there and they are up to date.

Bit weird and dodgy I reckon - I know a bunch of you go there - so be careful.
Old 18-08-2014, 09:38 AM

bump - happened again - anyone else?
Old 18-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I would not be visiting again
Old 18-08-2014, 10:24 AM

Palaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've been getting it on a few sites, but haven't on their's. You can't close it down and it tries to download (I haven't got auto download on) and I just cancel it and revisit the page and its fine.

Whatever you do DON'T do it as it is Malware
Old 18-08-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I would not be visiting again
I am starting to think it's one of the adverts rather than the site as a whole but can't work out how that happens. You probably would understand it technically more than I but these Interstitial (I think that's the right term) that overlay the screen are more prevalent than ever these days.

Thx
Old 18-08-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaceborn View Post
I've been getting it on a few sites, but haven't on their's. You can't close it down and it tries to download (I haven't got auto download on) and I just cancel it and revisit the page and its fine.

Whatever you do DON'T do it as it is Malware
Thanks - it's exactly that symptom I am seeing. I can see a lot of folk falling for it. It's both believable and oh so easy to click it, even by mistake because it's hard to close.

Thx
Old 18-08-2014, 04:43 PM
All Hail Discordia!

fnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallfnord put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
I did see a link to a page warning about the dodgy java download on newsnow earlier today, but can't see it now so I assume they've fixed it
Old 19-08-2014, 11:23 AM

swanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldswanleyeagle86 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
if its coming from dodgy ad code. Install adblock plus. No more ad's ever.