Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 13-11-2005, 11:45 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
I think woolies may have taken pre-orders. I think supermarkets might be a good bet as I can't see them taking pre-orders, but I guess you can scout about a few days before. I'm going to have to go home from work on Thursday 1st December having seen my 360 in the flesh
Old 14-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Well, Woolworths in Oxted are taking pre-orders now, but you have to pay the full whack up front. You can't just reserve it and pick it up on the day, they will deliver it to your house.

Quite a good service if you're prepared to pay for the console straight away.
Old 17-11-2005, 01:03 PM

CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0
Has anyone who has pre-ordered been told they are guaranteed a console on launch day yet ?

I am number 25 on my local Game's pre-order list and they STILL have no news on expected stock levels.

I was given a "pre-order pack" last Friday which comprised of a small round metal tin with a book listing some of the games and hardware etc plus a DVD showcasing the games (to wind me up even more).

How on earth can they not know how many they are getting when they are being unleashed just over 2 weeks ?
Old 17-11-2005, 04:04 PM

Shane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Last weekend I checked my pre order today in Game on Croydon High Street.......

I was told that my pre order was fine and that I am OK for launch day which is nice. I am number 17 in the queue....

One thing that I did find interesting however is that they told me that they were now unlikely to open at midnight. This was due to pressure from the council & police following muggings when they opened at midnight for the PSP launch!

Croydon, as we all know, can be a bit naughty like that unfortunately......

Having said that, I would rather get the bloody thing safely home than run the risk of being mugged for my new toy.
Old 17-11-2005, 04:10 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Asda and Tesco are your only real hope. Woolies stopped pre-orders.
Old 17-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by paf
Asda and Tesco are your only real hope. Woolies stopped pre-orders.
Not all of them
Old 17-11-2005, 04:17 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Quote:
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Not all of them
where? my local branch laughed, said they wouldn't be getting ANY in stock and no internet pre-orders are left either?
Old 17-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Sans Peur

Oxted Woolworths are taking pre-orders I think. My brother got a confirmation through that he'd get his on the day of release, and that was after ordering it on Monday. You have to pay for the whole thing in one go, which can be a bit difficult I guess, but you definately get it.
Old 17-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Lost in the Pine Barrens

Paulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by RDSdaEAGLE
Oxted Woolworths are taking pre-orders I think. My brother got a confirmation through that he'd get his on the day of release, and that was after ordering it on Monday. You have to pay for the whole thing in one go, which can be a bit difficult I guess, but you definately get it.
RDS, I reckon there only have the core package, every where I've asked, the shop assistants have told me that there are still some Core packages left but all the 279 packs are gone.
Old 17-11-2005, 06:16 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A lot of shops are only going to sell you a console if you buy it with two games minimum and preferably a few accessories, even if you have preordered.
Old 17-11-2005, 06:42 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningcumbrian_eagles would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Well IMHO those companies should be named and shamed! If the company I work for does that I will be well pissed off! Why should someone have to spend even more money? Surely most people will buy at least one game? Isn't 300 odd good enough for people theses days?!?!?!
Old 17-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Aren't they all doing the same with the Sony PSP at the moment?
Old 17-11-2005, 07:24 PM
iMember

Yep, new package tmw from 270ish I think. The "value pack" will be discontinued at the end of year.
Old 17-11-2005, 08:15 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
Well IMHO those companies should be named and shamed! If the company I work for does that I will be well pissed off! Why should someone have to spend even more money? Surely most people will buy at least one game? Isn't 300 odd good enough for people theses days?!?!?!

Comet are certainly only offering packages - I preordered from them ages ago, and a couple of days ago I was phoned to be asked what package I wanted - there was a choice of two, both had extras bundled with them. I was told that if I didn't order a package I wouldn't be able to get the console, and, at the moment, there was no choice on what the extras were.

I reluctantly opted for the premium 360 package, which comes with King Kong and Perfect Dark Zero for 349.99. It's not a bad price for the console and two games (console is 279.99 and games are expected to be 45 at launch), but I really don't want Kong. Hopefully the fact that I'll want three games total and several accessories means that I should have some room for negotiation on the day I pick it up.
Old 17-11-2005, 09:36 PM
iMember

King Kong seems to be offered with a lot of companies, the main problem with the 360 is demand is that high that if you cancel someone will be ready and waiting. They will so try the "I haven't got the authority" trick as well (I know, I've used it ). I don't know if it'll be worth getting in contact with someone higher up first.
Old 25-11-2005, 12:36 PM

CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0CoolHandFlex is walloping Brighton 5-0
I have yesterday finally received a letter from Game telling me that I will receive a console on launch day. I was of course delighted.

I then opened up the pamphlet and towards the back are details of the bundles they are offering. The cheapest is the 360 plus Condemned plus 2 of my choice for 410. They also do a 5 game pack (Condemned + 4) or get this - a 10 game pack for something silly like 770.

I thought "thats ok I will just get the 360 on its own and maybe go for 1 or 2 games (they are 50 each after all). The manager in Game has just told me that his head office are probably going to be pretty strict on these bundles and so, if you refuse to buy the min pack of 410, you get your deposit back and the 360 is given to the next person in the queue.

This is outrageous - anyone else received a letter or have any news ?
Old 25-11-2005, 01:49 PM
chemical olympics

humpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
when is it officially released?

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 25-11-2005, 02:25 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
not sure if u saw on the other thread guys but virgin bluewater will have 4 consoles (with no need to buy anything else) for sale at 8am to the general public, first cum 1st served-good luck :-)
Old 25-11-2005, 04:27 PM
iMember

someone else mentioned comet doing something similar, I rang up head office today about something else to find out I'm getting mine we were also told we'll be getting them in again the week after (yeah right!). 1 week left now!
Old 25-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Web Junkee

John.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bagJohn.K has got sunshine in a bag
To view the link you have to Register or Login might be worth a look