Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 25-02-2021, 05:00 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
They got out to straight balls because when the ball is ragging square the straight ones are the most dangerous as you know Razor.

I fail to understand why people are surprised by this.

The Indians are simply too frightened to play England in a fair game. There’s home advantage and there’s what we’ve seen over the last two days.

As Cooky said it’s impossible to bat on that and I’ll take his word for it over anybody on here. Our first innings score was probably 70 light but today was impossible.
If you are solely blaming the pitch for a 10 wicket defeat when you’ve won the toss then.......

We were shambolic with the bat. Yes it was an awful pitch. But less than 200 over 2 innings is frankly embarrassing.
Old 25-02-2021, 05:01 PM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Surely you understand that the shots were played because the pitch was unplayable?

Maybe not. I dunno.

Have you played any cricket since school Workshop?

Let’s just take one example. Archer second innings. That was the pitch was it?

Lol
Old 25-02-2021, 05:04 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
They got out to straight balls because when the ball is ragging square the straight ones are the most dangerous as you know Razor.

I fail to understand why people are surprised by this.

The Indians are simply too frightened to play England in a fair game. There’s home advantage and there’s what we’ve seen over the last two days.

As Cooky said it’s impossible to bat on that and I’ll take his word for it over anybody on here. Our first innings score was probably 70 light but today was impossible.
I agree and Indians have always had ‘spin pitches’ Hussain used to whinge back in the days so did Thorpe and Cook who has played there knows the conditions well and like you said I also agree with him

Back to the drawing board for the England team and they need to do what they did in the first test
Old 25-02-2021, 05:06 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post

Lol
Archer is a bowler. He’s not good enough as a batsman.

It was a poor display from the batsmen but for people to say it was poor batting and not the pitch is laughable.

Cricket wanker.
Old 25-02-2021, 05:06 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
The experts on here contradicting Sir Alastair Cook.
To quote ‘ Maidstoned ‘Google is to blame’

Old 25-02-2021, 05:08 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
To quote ‘ Maidstoned ‘Google is to blame’

It’s too easy to tell who’s never played the game on here mate.

Cricket wanker.
Old 25-02-2021, 05:38 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
The experts on here contradicting Sir Alastair Cook.
Joe Root said, ""We won the toss and batted first, but we didn't capitalise on that. We could have got 250, which would have been a good total.". He went on to comment on the ball and the pitch but he acknowledges that the first innings batting performance wasn't good enough; it is hard, then, to argue that the second was.

Phil Tuffnell said, "England have to learn from the mistakes in this game, and I don't think they did from the last Test after such a good start."

The Guardian reports, "Graeme Swann on TV is advancing the view that the pitch isn’t as bad as it is being argued, adding that this won’t be popular with his former teammates.".

Not just the experts on here contradicting him, I think, and although I am not an expert on pitch conditions in cricket I do recognise when a sporting team has given up and is no longer trying or focussing properly. Perhaps it is understandable but it should never happen. Most of us have seen it in football a few times lately - we were pretty unforgiving when our own team does it. The selection has also been widely criticised and I think that played a big part in this fiasco, more so than individual technical errors.
Old 25-02-2021, 05:43 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
Joe Root said, ""We won the toss and batted first, but we didn't capitalise on that. We could have got 250, which would have been a good total.". He went on to comment on the ball and the pitch but he acknowledges that the first innings batting performance wasn't good enough; it is hard, then, to argue that the second was.

Phil Tuffnell said, "England have to learn from the mistakes in this game, and I don't think they did from the last Test after such a good start."

The Guardian reports, "Graeme Swann on TV is advancing the view that the pitch isn’t as bad as it is being argued, adding that this won’t be popular with his former teammates.".

Not just the experts on here contradicting him, I think, and although I am not an expert on pitch conditions in cricket I do recognise when a sporting team has given up and is no longer trying or focussing properly. Most of us have seen that happen in football a few times lately.
What did Cook Say? I am just curious like....
Old 25-02-2021, 05:57 PM

Quote:

It was a poor display from the batsmen but for people to say it was poor batting and not the pitch is laughable.
Who’s said that?

I said the pitch was bad. Some of the batting was terrible. I’m not sure there’s a lot to disagree with there. Root himself has said as much.

Anyway, I ain’t arguing with you on the cricket thread.

Old 25-02-2021, 06:14 PM
Got any nuts?

Oh yes you are.

Cricket wanker.
Old 25-02-2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Oh yes you are.
No I’m........

Oh..
Old 25-02-2021, 07:12 PM

Palace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

There was a mix of batsmen failing because of the conditions and some poor batting. If we’re being generous you could say the likes of Bairstow played poor shots due to their fear of the pitch.

The pitch wasn’t good enough, but once faced with it nor was England‘S efforts with the bat.
Old 25-02-2021, 08:17 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Mostly with DogAreolaCrisps on this as the wicket and umpiring is likely to have a marked effect on your mental state but I would ask why not one bat at least tried to take the pitch out of the equation rather than stay chained to the crease and let the double-A’s dictate line and length.
Old 25-02-2021, 11:28 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Rohit Sharma averaged 91 on that pitch. The last time all of the pundits were whinging a bowler hit a century. Was it turning? Yes. Was it unplayable? No. The batting was shocking. India realised and did something about it. England kept getting out the same way for 20 wickets.
Old 26-02-2021, 08:12 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post

Lol
YEah good one.

Use the number 8 (who's been pretty hopeless with the bat in his test career) as some form of example of the pitch not being an issue.

Questions need to be asked about the selection, but considering both teams got bowled out within 4 sessions, the pitch was clearly not suitable.
Old 26-02-2021, 08:20 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Mostly with DogAreolaCrisps on this as the wicket and umpiring is likely to have a marked effect on your mental state but I would ask why not one bat at least tried to take the pitch out of the equation rather than stay chained to the crease and let the double-A’s dictate line and length.
I think your first point answers the question. I think at the times the English mentality still holds us back. If they'd been charging down the wicket and got out it would be called reckless.

As well as the pitch, let's not ignore just how brilliant India were bowling. Axar was putting it on a sixpence nearly every ball.

And ironically, using Archer as an example (not you!) of a bad shot, he did try and smack the ball. He missed it. I also struggle to get annoyed about tailenders getting out to be honest, when it's not their roles.
Old 26-02-2021, 08:31 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
The fact that Joe Root was getting huge turn in the first hour of play on day 2 tells you that the pitch wasn’t up to standard. Having said that, some of the dismissals were poor shot selection, on both sides. The number of wickets from straight deliveries again show signs of a completely unpredictable pitch. Batsmen playing for turn that was there the previous ball but has then gone.

Then you have the issue with the giant foot holes appearing for the seamers at the end of day 1. You should be maybe getting that day 4 or 5. No grounds staff should be doing work to a test pitch during the last session of day 1 and then again 4 overs in at the start of day 2.
Old 26-02-2021, 08:40 AM
Got any nuts?

I’ve been the groundsman at my club for the last three years. I spend about 15 hours a week preparing wickets for league cricket in the Fullers Surrey County and the Surrey Championship.

I would be embarrassed if the wickets I prepared were as bad as those in Ahmedabad.

Cricket wanker.
Old 26-02-2021, 08:52 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
All of the above, the world is not as binary as some might suggest. Let's not forget that a poor pitch, poor shot selection/bowling & poor umpiring are not mutually exclusive.
Old 26-02-2021, 09:22 AM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
All of the above, the world is not as binary as some might suggest. Let's not forget that a poor pitch, poor shot selection/bowling & poor umpiring are not mutually exclusive.
Don't forget poor whingeing!