Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 25-02-2021, 05:49 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
The bank dragging its feet, and then surprising me with a sting in the tail bit of extra thievery in paying off my mortgage as part of a property sale.

Basically, they have notified me of some additional charges that I must cover to proceed that just about knocks on the head the trip back to the UK that I had budgeted for.

A nice debate on the phone yesterday,and a trip to Santiago today to chat in person.

I particularly enjoyed the chap telling me that banks weren't in the business of giving money away.

I asked him if there was a school where they taught upcoming thieves in suits. I also said that I felt like I was a victim of an assault and was being treated by a copper who then proceeded to steal my phone.

Them just making sure they squeeze out their final pint of blood, I suppose.

I wonder whether it is just a Chilean thing or is universal. I did point out that banking staff seem to be living on a completely different plane of existence to the rest of people. I said that I knew that it was his job to defend his bank's policies to clients, but whereas while most regular people would see their charges and costs as excessive or abusive, they feel, supported by the law, that all is normal. I asked him, that considering we are in a pandemic and that I am officially drawing unemployment benefit, if he thought that surprising someone with a previously unnotified request for almost 2 grand to proceed, is something that most regular clients can easily take with a pinch of salt. I got a blank stare on that one.

The word I am looking for is - intransigent.

I even tried the old lawyers or superintendant of banks line, but he said it was my choice, but I would just accrue more charges over time and have lawyers fees on top.
I sometimes feel that people are laughing at me as they dip their hands into my pocket.

I will probably get about a grand of that back. I seemingly have to pay a guarantee of the next three mortgage dividends should the sale be overly delayed. Notwithstanding that the paers were signed in the notaria and the bank dragged their feet for a month.

The portion that pays off the bank is including in the cheque left at the notaria, so these three future dividends are some sort of double accounting.

Is this the same in the UK or USA?
Same, I was told we keep your money in a safe place....
Old 25-02-2021, 07:00 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Busybodies chasing you up all day asking if you saw the email about the other email.

I love this quote from Donald Knuth:

“Email is a wonderful thing for people whose role in life is to be on top of things. But not for me; my role is to be on the bottom of things.”
Old 25-02-2021, 08:12 PM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
The Marc Jacobs perfume TV ad - "Daisy, Daisy, Daisy".

F*ck off!
Old 25-02-2021, 08:53 PM

Herr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
The Marc Jacobs perfume TV ad - "Daisy, Daisy, Daisy".

F*ck off!
It IS utter bollocks mate but for some reason perfume companies are serial offenders.
Old 25-02-2021, 09:06 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
My boss, who has a teaching degree in the English language and is no more American than you or I agreed with me.

Anyway I'm sure someone will google it and prove one of us wrong.
All languages change and evolve, so what?
Old 25-02-2021, 09:38 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Oh and I make Maidstoned right and Maz stuck in the past of his fuddy duddy Oxbridge training..

Originally agenda was the plural of agendum, meaning ‘a thing to be done’. However, it became applied to a list of things to be done, and in this, the most usual modern sense, it has become firmly singular, with the plural agendas.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

It s a single source, but it is powered by Oxford.
I reckon you're right: the loan from Latin is a different class of word from the one it's used as in English (plural noun vs. singular noun); whilst we often use the foreign plural for imported nouns (e.g. Greek nouns in -ma making plurals in -ata), that's a nonsense when the word has been reclassified like this. An agenda consists of "agenda items", so an item on the agenda is not an "agendum" (although I have seen that usage); the reason is that a number of items would then be "agenda" the plural, but that word is already in use to denote the list of items; an agenda is not the same thing as a miscellaneous list of agenda items.

"Data" is another example. Plural noun (from a verbal past participle) in Latin, mass noun in English. A piece or item of data is not normally a "datum" these days, although it was quite recently. I use this word a lot There is a word "datum" but that means something else: a reference value or base from which measurements are made. For example, the Greenwich meridian is a "datum" because it is from there that all other longitudes are measured. The plural of this as "datums" (not "data") by the same logic.
Old 25-02-2021, 09:42 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Maidstone to mention google in 5,4,3,2......
Old 25-02-2021, 09:46 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Yep. Thatís something that annoys me: language quibblers. If you can understand it then itís fine. The English language started to be standardised long after it was first spoken and written.
Old 25-02-2021, 09:54 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Any toe related injury. Today's was a bottle of shampoo landing on my foot from its perch in the shower.

Any pain inflicted upon a toe or toes is magnified by at least, I would say, 2 million percent
Old 25-02-2021, 10:13 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
CR and Latvian sitting in a tree.....
Starmer is really bloody annoying though!
Old 25-02-2021, 10:51 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Any toe related injury. Today's was a bottle of shampoo landing on my foot from its perch in the shower.

Any pain inflicted upon a toe or toes is magnified by at least, I would say, 2 million percent
Gout can be pretty annoying and painful enough to stop you sleeping despite prescription-strength painkillers. I had heard that the toothache and earache were so painful because "the teeth / ears are close to the brain". Sounds like boll^H^H^H^H an old wives' tale to me. They do also say that gallstones and kidney stones caught in the pipes are the worst pain you can get - thankfully I've never found out the hard way.
Old 25-02-2021, 10:59 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:

That is true for knees and elbows, too.

And eye sockets, hamstrings. and whatever utter nonsense the likes of Wickham and The Soldier are suffering from. Nice job when you can get it. Imagine in our own fields being absent for illness or injury so long / the firm would have you out in three months, some would let you go in a week. Football clubs send them on holiday or to nightclubs.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.

Last edited by PeterH; 25-02-2021 at 11:02 PM.
Old 26-02-2021, 01:36 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

This, with ******* huge clangers on.

Only the other day I looked down at my bare feet, the right one sufficiently close to a particularly bastard chair leg that has assaulted me on more than one occasion that I thought best pop yer shoes on matey. And there comfortingly close to my left foot were my toe saving flip flops (sturdy leather affairs). At this point the phone beeped as it received a message, absentmindedly I read the message. This seemingly minor taking of the eye off the ball was all that bastard toe assaulting chair leg needed to maneuver its way into position and ambush my unsuspecting pinkies on their way to the safety of the adjacent foot ware.
Howls of pain and swearing ensued.

Last edited by CT_Palace; 26-02-2021 at 01:39 AM.
Old 26-02-2021, 01:42 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
This, with ******* huge clangers on.

Only the other day I looked down at my bare feet, the right one sufficiently close to a particularly bastard chair leg that has assaulted me on more than one occasion that I thought best pop yer shoes on matey. And there comfortingly close to my left foot were my toe saving flip flops (sturdy leather affairs). At this point the phone beeped as it received a message, absentmindedly I read the message. This seemingly minor taking of the eye off the ball was all that bastard toe assaulting chair leg needed to maneuver its way into position and ambush my unsuspecting pinkies on their way to the safety of the adjacent foot ware.
Howls of pain and swearing ensued.
Replace with bean bags. You are getting into old hippie territory now.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 26-02-2021, 03:22 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Maidstone to mention google in 5,4,3,2......
Talking of agendas.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 26-02-2021, 03:23 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
That was my point, well done.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 26-02-2021, 04:57 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

A bottle of roku gin fell on my foot a week or two ago. Not from a particularly great height (about waist level), but Christ that smart. Nice bruising though.
Old 26-02-2021, 06:20 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
My boiler packing in again, this time the error message means its dead. Can handle having no heating but no hot water is difficult. So have to fork out 2.5k to.replace it.
Old 26-02-2021, 06:31 AM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Talking of agendas.
Were we ?

Oh, yours against Googleferet you mean?

Gotchya
Old 26-02-2021, 07:21 AM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
A few years back I hurt my lower back, and then got sciatica. Never had pain before or after like that. It was so bad I almost felt like throwing up. Then the co-codamol kicked in and it eased up.