Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: As of 05/02/17 who should be first choice Goalkeeper
1 Julian Speroni 311 26.22%
13 wayne Hennessey 178 15.01%
30 Steve Mandanda 561 47.30%
Another 136 11.47%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-10-2019, 07:25 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
With all due respect, you just don't know that
Fair play

Imo he saves it because he’s just so much better than WH
Old 20-10-2019, 08:04 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
played ok yesterday. I don't understand though why he flaps at crosses that he should just come out and claim. The guy is huge - just get out and get them. We are talking crosses a couple of meters out from his line.
Old 20-10-2019, 08:07 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
played ok yesterday. I don't understand though why he flaps at crosses that he should just come out and claim. The guy is huge - just get out and get them. We are talking crosses a couple of meters out from his line.
I know why

Because he’s not very good
Old 20-10-2019, 08:09 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I didn't notice any such flaps but several have mentioned, what time were they?
Old 20-10-2019, 08:37 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
I thought their crossing was consistently on the ball. Where Wayne punched it appeared to me that the crosses were swinging away. None of them were floaty but a low projection and quick.

At least his punches went to safety.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 20-10-2019, 08:39 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
Wayne two goals, kicking was as bad as ever . Out of position for the 1st goal, managed to make himself smaller for the second goal. Still unable to hold anything, made two saves . Second worst keeper in the league still

Who’s the worst?
Comparisons to Ederson are pointless, as he’s the probably the best in the league.
Old 20-10-2019, 08:40 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I didn't notice any such flaps but several have mentioned, what time were they?
Not flaps tbf, but a lot of crosses that became dangerous because they were close to him but he was glued to the line. I would say he he is afraid to come out and claim stuff, that by rights he should grab with ease.
Old 20-10-2019, 08:54 AM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Who’s the worst?
Comparisons to Ederson are pointless, as he’s the probably the best in the league.
Joe Hart
Old 20-10-2019, 09:38 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Credit to Hennessy he had a good game , don’t get the hate for him.
Old 20-10-2019, 09:49 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Credit to Hennessy he had a good game , don’t get the hate for him.
I do not hate him I simply do not rate him. I imagine that is exactly how the majority feel. Only saw brief highlights of the game, but by common consensus he did well yesterday. He is playing in the premier League so you would expect him to have a good game every now and then. However the evidence is there from numerous other games he does not have the ability to be playing at this level. If Guaita is out for any length of time Hennessey will cost us league places.
Old 20-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I do not hate him I simply do not rate him. I imagine that is exactly how the majority feel. Only saw brief highlights of the game, but by common consensus he did well yesterday. He is playing in the premier League so you would expect him to have a good game every now and then. However the evidence is there from numerous other games he does not have the ability to be playing at this level. If Guaita is out for any length of time Hennessey will cost us league places.
Not many. No one player’s contribution to a team is that significant. Hennessey is not great and Guaita is much better but it is not the end of the world if our second team keeper has to start for the rest of the season.

I mean suppose Guaita’s out for 9 months. Do we look to get a keeper, or a right back or a striker in January? For me I am more comfortable with a Hennessey in goal than I am with Ward at right back or the farce of a strike force.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-10-2019, 10:23 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Not many. No one player’s contribution to a team is that significant. Hennessey is not great and Guaita is much better but it is not the end of the world if our second team keeper has to start for the rest of the season.

I mean suppose Guaita’s out for 9 months. Do we look to get a keeper, or a right back or a striker in January? For me I am more comfortable with a Hennessey in goal than I am with Ward at right back or the farce of a strike force.
I agree. As I said on the matchday thread, Wayne's game and confidence have improved greatly since Dean Kiely arrived and he had better and better drilled players in front of him. Our priorities are definitely in other areas.
Old 20-10-2019, 10:30 AM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
For "flaps at crosses" read "interceptions of dangerous, well-struck crosses that it is important that he gets a hand to".

Credit where it's due...
Old 20-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Probationary User

Jw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJw9 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I may have missed this but why was Vicente not playing?
Old 20-10-2019, 10:44 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jw9 View Post
I may have missed this but why was Vicente not playing?
Bad form, dropped for the superior keeper.
Old 20-10-2019, 10:50 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglebob View Post
For "flaps at crosses" read "interceptions of dangerous, well-struck crosses that it is important that he gets a hand to".

Credit where it's due...
According to Latvian he also came for two crosses and completely missed them
Old 20-10-2019, 11:01 AM

Shifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineShifty97 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He has improved a lot but I was not impressed with him yesterday. He flapped at too many crosses
Old 20-10-2019, 11:07 AM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
That's true up to a point. I don't think Hennessey is quite up to the standard of a Premier League first choice keeper, which is of course why he isn't one. He's only played as many games for us as he has because our first two attempts to replace him both failed.

The key question is therefore, is he good enough to be a backup for a middling to lower half premier (ignoring our current, surely false position)League team. And I would say he is. If not, the question would have to be which backup keepers outside the top 8-10 clubs would you pick ahead of him. I'd suggest not many, so he's probably now in about the right place for his ability.
Old 20-10-2019, 11:08 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty97 View Post
He has improved a lot but I was not impressed with him yesterday. He flapped at too many crosses
Its my supposition that you have never seen any flaps in your entire life, and probably never will
Old 20-10-2019, 11:15 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Its my supposition that you have never seen any flaps in your entire life, and probably never will
LOL