Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 11-07-2019, 07:09 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Well yeah, thatís what I signed up for! Even said thatís why in the interview but now I suspect they thought I was joking!
It is hard when you put your feet up...
Old 11-07-2019, 11:18 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Retrieving the lobsters from Jayne Mansfield's bum.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:29 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Retrieving the lobsters from Jayne Mansfield's bum.
Well, you had to prevent 'Lobsterisimus Bumakissamus.'
Old 12-07-2019, 01:11 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIE "N" MASH View Post
Being told how to pull levers,been pulling these levers for 30 years now and some prick thinks he knows better

Going on sites and being surrounded by foreign labour and that labour dragging health and safety back 20 years
It was a Flannery machine driver I had to sack, 15 years in he said, was on a 5t machine, useless.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:12 AM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
It was a Flannery machine driver I had to sack, 15 years in he said, was on a 5t machine, useless.
Plenty of chancers on the firm Al,Couldn't drive a 5T machine.
Best I stay away from the A21
Old 12-07-2019, 06:22 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Continental Europeans, for reasons beyond my comprehension, still wear ties and expect others to as well.
I wear a tie! Nothing wrong with that at all.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:55 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
A totally redundant piece of clothing
Old 12-07-2019, 07:14 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
I worked in the city for 45+ yrs and mostly had to wear suit and tie.You get used to it. Prob I did have was when JP Morgan bought into the firm I worked for and declared that we were going "Smart Casual" Which meant no denim, collarless shirts, trainers etc... I had to buy a new bloody wardrobe as I had nothing in between
Old 12-07-2019, 07:29 AM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Travel

Self employed but often spend up to 4-5 hours a day travelling to and from venues.

I also teach around the UK and overseas so get tired of taxi, airport, flight, airport, taxi, hotel etc ...

You eat alone a lot too!!

Aside from that and the admin involved in keeping records, tax returns, VAT etc... I do enjoy very much being in the classroom.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:53 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Whatís wrong with redundant pieces of clothing?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 12-07-2019, 09:41 AM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
Interesting tie chat. I worked in our office from 2004 until 2018 and in the beginning ties were mandatory for us chaps. A few years ago, the metaphorical knot was undone and we no longer had to wear them. 99% of the tie-wearing workforce immediately stopped wearing them, so I think they are generally unpopular.

That said, until I started working from home (where dressing in business wear would be slightly OTT), I bucked the trend and continued to wear one because I think they look really smart and it was a good way of standing out from the crowd. Plus it seemed a waste not to, considering I already owned quite a few of them.

Rightly or wrongly, I also feel like the act of wearing one (especially if the person ideally wouldn't want to) suggests they're prepared to put the extra effort in and take the job more seriously. Obviously the proof is in the pudding because they may subsequently perform terribly but, again rightly or wrongly, it would definitely put the person at an advantage if I was interviewing them.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:15 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Too many variations on "city attire"
IB's can be suit, shirt, tie or chinos
Funds the same
PE - usually no ties
VC - i've met people in shorts
Tech - whacky t-shirts

You need a full wardrobe at work these days.

But not having your own desk full time is the worst thing about work.
Hot desking and having a shitty locker was the beginning of the end. Does this mean i can work from home when i dont have a meeting? oh no.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:39 AM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Always the people, so strange. The ones you worry about making redundant end up not being that bothered, and the ones you are making a reasonable request resist heavily and will not see the higher level reasons for the change.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:44 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
I think, I have an idea what you do, sounds very much like my old job.

You have missed hotels, ATC, weather, medical,....But it was the best job I done and no regrets for me
Yep. I was just sat stuck awake, desperate for sleep and asking why I do it when I stumbled on this late night thread.

Wouldnít do anything else although less often would be nice.

Must still like it deep down, Iím recently a line trainer and thatís a whole new level of work Iíve voluntarily added to the pile!
Old 12-07-2019, 11:23 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Thereís not much that I donít like about my job apart from the journey to and from there. I used to have a 20 commute (always off peak) from Beckenham to London Bridge, we were relocated about a year ago and the journey time is anything from seventy minutes to two hours each way.

Regarding some of the issues people have raised on this thread, I work shifts and would be reluctant to go back to regular hours, though naturally there are pros and cons and they wonít suit everyone. My roster is 12 hour shifts 0700-1900 and 1900 to 0700, we work a 36 hour week plus Sundays which are not part of the 36 hour week and are paid as overtime. This means that including my booked Sundays I work 14 out of every 28 days, the way the roster works we get a bank of seven consecutive days off during each of these four week cycles (although in order for this to be possible we do work six shifts in the space of seven days in another part of the cycle).

Regarding work attire, where I am there is a uniform which is optional or we can wear what is a fairly relaxed take on smart casual. Before we were relocated it was anything goes, one of my colleagues came to work in a onesie as she said it was comfortable. As it happens I dress smarter these days than I did when I worked in an office environment fifteen years ago. I tend to wear trousers, shirt and jacket but very rarely a tie on nights itís mor likely to be jeans and a polo shirt.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:46 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Continental Europeans, for reasons beyond my comprehension, still wear ties and expect others to as well.
Luckily not the case over here, I would hate that. In fact its much more dressed down here than I remember back in the UK.

In regards to OP question luckily nothing I really hate in my role, just mild annoyance seeing how so much of our documentation/correspondence somehow manages to include both American and British English (British being the official one that should be used) damn those yanks
Old 12-07-2019, 11:50 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosTheFinger View Post
Rightly or wrongly, I also feel like the act of wearing one (especially if the person ideally wouldn't want to) suggests they're prepared to put the extra effort in and take the job more seriously. Obviously the proof is in the pudding because they may subsequently perform terribly but, again rightly or wrongly, it would definitely put the person at an advantage if I was interviewing them.
Perhaps we should have got Mutch, Sonogo and Bumfluff to wear ties when they played.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:23 PM

Mr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Mojo Risin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The utter nonsense coming out of the HR politburo. It never ceases to amaze me that people are paid to write such drivel.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:47 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
The utter nonsense coming out of the HR politburo. It never ceases to amaze me that people are paid to write such drivel.
Not a very positive message my friend. Do you not want to be part of an amazing team which delivers superb customer services?

I like wearing ties and I consider those in my office who don't bother to be somewhat scruffy.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:18 PM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Working as a CM in the construction industry for a main contractor, clients. H&S has to start with them, continually wanting projects built faster, cutting programme times and budgets and appointing the work on that basis us making it harder and harder. Why every project now seems to finish later and over budget is because it was never realistic in the first place