Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 31-07-2021, 11:00 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
Pig. Got amazing reviews
. It was shite. Nicolas Cage has his pig kidnapped. He looks for pig, mumbling his way through the film. Sounds as shit as it was. Don't believe the reviews 2/10(the 2 is because I liked the pig)
What platform is it on?
Old 01-08-2021, 12:31 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
The Thing(1982)
By coincidence my chosen film for tonight. I will add excellent special effects and makeup, sound effects ( specifically the howling wind) and British Columbia & Alaska effectively standing in for the Antarctic. Also Ennio Morriconeís score similar to John Carpenterís style. 7.5/10
Old 01-08-2021, 12:44 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Watched Jolt during the week. As Eric Morecombe said, all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order….. By the end it all felt like a waste of 100 or so mins. I don’t know it’s origins but it felt like another comic book adaptation that has gone horribly wrong somehow. Maybe looked at Marvels successes and created a checklist and then somehow screwed it up. It required stamina to finish it and I would lay odds that’s how the Director and Editor felt anyway. One of the bits they nicked was the ‘senior famous actor doing a cameo role’ and poor Susan Sarandon was roped in for the Samuel Jackson Nick Fury moment at the end which was just silly. Why would we want a sequel…..

Just a little late, having owned this movie since it first appeared on Apple, we watched The Joker. We had been saving it for some reason I can’t remember. Excellent movie, acting, story etc etc. Probably the best thing from DC in a long while. Justified the hype for sure. Take a bow.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:45 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Watched Jolt during the week. As Eric Morecombe said, all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order...
Felt the same about Gunpowder Milkshake. Great cast, some fun set pieces but lacks substance. It's like a having bacon for breakfast without the eggs. 4 out of 7.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 01-08-2021, 07:14 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Flesh + Blood - absolute brilliance from Paul Verhoeven and Rutger Hauer in this medieval story of war, lust, revenge and the plague. Great settings and, as a mate put it, you feel like you need a shower after watching to wash the dirt off. Witty in parts, gory in others and loads of boobs. 9/10

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 01-08-2021, 07:33 AM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
Blood Red Sky - 2/10. Currently #3 on Netflix, so I thought I'd give this a go. Not sure why it's popular, it was pretty awful. Masses of blood and violence over two hours of cheap looking horror. Not recommended, I only sat through it because missus didn't fall asleep .
Old 01-08-2021, 08:34 AM

Sharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is hereSharkba1t Sam the man is here
Watched Sin City last night, having already seen it a few years ago. Really enjoyed it, seems better than I remember. 8/10
Old 01-08-2021, 09:19 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Monster on netflix watchable without being great. 7/10
Old 01-08-2021, 09:26 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkba1t View Post
Watched Sin City last night, having already seen it a few years ago. Really enjoyed it, seems better than I remember. 8/10
That's a great, and ground breaking, film. The second was ok, but not a patch on this

Old 01-08-2021, 09:26 AM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
The Jungle Cruise.
If you've read the paper reviews, they'll tell you it's a cross between Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones & The African Queen.
That's it exactly, so you'll know what to expect

Oh, but not as good as any of those! Enjoyable to a point, but predictable.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:57 AM
Where am i

Ollie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOllie Ox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Black widow-- Nothing special but killed a couple of hours. A bit slow at first but gets better.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:25 AM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Marriage Story. With Scarlett Johnannesson and Adam Driver.

Cannot recall Netflix or Amazon.

Probably the best acting ever seen in an English language film coupled with the direction. Superb. Thought the jarring comedy interludes were a bit populist, like they didn’t have enough faith in a modern audience to e happy just with it being aserious study of a marriage break up so had to drop in jokes for the groundlings.So at times a bit Kramer v Kramer v American Pie (I exaggerate greatly). In some ways if could be more emotionally involving as recall watching Kramer v Kramer and nearly crying but then I was 12 and my parents had just split (violins, sob) but I am 54 now. And possibly a total emotionaless bar steward.

But if you are a pretentious lovely like me do watch it as the two main leads are amazing. The family with Julie Hagerty though are from another film in terms of tone and script.

Also to be praised is Ray Liotta as Driver’s driven lawyer and a cameo from the great, and old, Alan Alda as Driver’s erm other lawyer.

Could have been a truly great film but is just good due as I say to uneven tome and genre imho. Do watch though. As long as your relationship is stable. 7/10 I’d say. For my marriage.8/10 for the film.
Old 01-08-2021, 12:26 PM

Oldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
After watching that he English version of Criminal on Netflix, the intens interrogation series has been produced in France, Germany and Spain. Generally pretty good. Not whether I prefer subtitles, these are dubbed. Sorry should have been on tv thread.

Last edited by Oldtown Eagle; 01-08-2021 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 01-08-2021, 12:54 PM
analyse this

bourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is here
Finally got to watch "once upon a time in Hollywood" last night on Netflix
A fairy tale interpretation of a wicked event. I loved its perfect mix of script, acting and direction
9/10
Old 01-08-2021, 08:54 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourne man View Post
Finally got to watch "once upon a time in Hollywood" last night on Netflix
A fairy tale interpretation of a wicked event. I loved its perfect mix of script, acting and direction
9/10
You get it.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:11 AM
Tramps like us baby

SgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSgtStryker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
What platform is it on?
Pig? Available on StyMovies

Suit yourselves.

Last edited by SgtStryker; 02-08-2021 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Added pizzazz
Old 02-08-2021, 08:11 AM
Non T-Total

Lion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLion came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Went to the cinema a few nights ago (!) to see The Suicide Squad. I'm a big fan of superhero movies, mainly as I've been to see most of them with my kids and I have to say this is prob up there with one of the best - a lot better than a number of marvel films. Lots of laughs and entertaining throughout - 8.5/10
Old 02-08-2021, 08:16 AM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
You get it.

I always thought the title was the giveaway, but I've had a few people complain about the lack of reality.

Shout out to Brad Pitts reaction when the acid kicks in.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:35 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton View Post
Marriage Story. With Scarlett Johnannesson and Adam Driver.

Cannot recall Netflix or Amazon.

Probably the best acting ever seen in an English language film coupled with the direction. Superb. Thought the jarring comedy interludes were a bit populist, like they didnít have enough faith in a modern audience to e happy just with it being aserious study of a marriage break up so had to drop in jokes for the groundlings.So at times a bit Kramer v Kramer v American Pie (I exaggerate greatly). In some ways if could be more emotionally involving as recall watching Kramer v Kramer and nearly crying but then I was 12 and my parents had just split (violins, sob) but I am 54 now. And possibly a total emotionaless bar steward.

But if you are a pretentious lovely like me do watch it as the two main leads are amazing. The family with Julie Hagerty though are from another film in terms of tone and script.

Also to be praised is Ray Liotta as Driverís driven lawyer and a cameo from the great, and old, Alan Alda as Driverís erm other lawyer.

Could have been a truly great film but is just good due as I say to uneven tome and genre imho. Do watch though. As long as your relationship is stable. 7/10 Iíd say. For my marriage.8/10 for the film.
Was my favourite film of last year. I thought it was brilliant throughout.

Watched Queen and Slim on Friday night. A young black couple on a date, get caught up in a crime and reluctantly decide to run away.

The film explores a lot about racial tensions in the US, while also being quite a romantic movie.
I really enjoyed it, but it tries to be a bit too stylish, and certain parts feel like they've included to make a point.

And then on Saturday watched Bad Moms. Which was better than I anticipated.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:26 AM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is here
The Sparks Brothers.

Possibly the best music documentary ever made. Very funny and extremely entertaining.

10/10

Features an astonishing number of famous talking heads queueing up to say things like "There is no original pop music, only recycled Sparks".