Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 30-07-2021, 03:21 PM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thank you both .
Old 30-07-2021, 03:43 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Defo scam
Old 11-08-2021, 06:36 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Russ strikes back

To view the link you have to Register or Login
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:55 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Is it still worth investing now? I've read some people speculating it may hit $80-100,000 this year.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...
Old 01-09-2021, 12:11 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Is it still worth investing now? I've read some people speculating it may hit $80-100,000 this year.
It's an extremely volatile and high risk investment. So just like anything in this bracket you should have a tiny % of your overall portfolio in here.

I currently stand at 25% up against my total investment which isn't bad since April. I was 50% down at one point though!

If you're going to invest spread the purchasing over time so that you smooth out the peaks and troughs because there's plenty

Regardless of what people say, cryptos are here for the foreseeable. You'd assume they'd go up in value the more the usage increases but it's all a gamble, a massive one.

Last edited by Chris K; 01-09-2021 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:13 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
No-one knows. Don't believe anyone that claims to either.

Treat it as a bet, not investing. Do your own research and don't trust anyone who tells you about "the next bitcoin" without finding out about it first.

Btc could hit 100k this year or 3k just as easily.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:14 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Not saying don't btw. I dabble

Just go into it with open eyes is all
Old 01-09-2021, 12:18 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Personally id invest in Eth and Cardona right now but you cant go wrong with bitcoin.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:31 PM

Yeah I have about 10% ada, 10% eth, 5% iota and the rest nano.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:41 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Cheers.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...
Old 01-09-2021, 03:12 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Not saying don't btw. I dabble

Just go into it with open eyes is all
Very good advice. Don't gamble more than you can afford.

Like you, I have dabbled and have watched my 'investment' go down as well as up.

One concern is regulation - and before the smart arses come on and say that cryptocurrency is beyond regulation, let me make the point. Should the UK and/or the US (say) determine that it is illegal to trade in cryptocurrencies, except through regulated bodies (so as to control money laundering and indeed Tax collection) it will affect the market hugely. Sure, illegal dealing will continue, but it will be limited. It's hard to imagine that some sort of regulation will not be imposed eventually.

Cryptocurrency is definitely here to stay, but in what form? The blockchain is far more than a monetary device. Nobody knows (whatever they may tell you), but my guess is that one of the more innovative/flexible cryptocurrencies will eventually prevail.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:02 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Regulation is my primary concern and is the reason why I haven't got involved yet. China announced some form of crackdown about 3 months ago and it hugely affected the market, although clearly it has bounced back. Tough to gauge with so many competing external variables that I am finding it difficult to commit fully.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:58 PM
Seor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Banning Bitcoin is impossible , just as banning the internet would be impossible at this stage. Governments that have tried have failed. Nigeria attempted to outlaw exchanges this year which led to a huge spike in price on peer-to-peer markets. Basically , bans lead to higher prices in local jurisdictions which incentivises more participation. Nigeria was forced to back track on its ban. Ask yourself, can you imagine a world without the internet and then realise that Bitcoin is the internet of money.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:00 PM

KentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentishEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Very good advice. Don't gamble more than you can afford.

Like you, I have dabbled and have watched my 'investment' go down as well as up.

One concern is regulation - and before the smart arses come on and say that cryptocurrency is beyond regulation, let me make the point. Should the UK and/or the US (say) determine that it is illegal to trade in cryptocurrencies, except through regulated bodies (so as to control money laundering and indeed Tax collection) it will affect the market hugely. Sure, illegal dealing will continue, but it will be limited. It's hard to imagine that some sort of regulation will not be imposed eventually.

Cryptocurrency is definitely here to stay, but in what form? The blockchain is far more than a monetary device. Nobody knows (whatever they may tell you), but my guess is that one of the more innovative/flexible cryptocurrencies will eventually prevail.
Ahhh. You mean XRP! Good shout
Old 01-09-2021, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA View Post
Regulation is my primary concern and is the reason why I haven't got involved yet. China announced some form of crackdown about 3 months ago and it hugely affected the market, although clearly it has bounced back. Tough to gauge with so many competing external variables that I am finding it difficult to commit fully.
I think it will happen one day but its been any day for the last 5 years. Might be tomorrow but crypto is nice and taxable these days so unless there is a serious under world problem they might not be in a rush
Old 02-09-2021, 06:47 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
Banning Bitcoin is impossible , just as banning the internet would be impossible at this stage. Governments that have tried have failed. Nigeria attempted to outlaw exchanges this year which led to a huge spike in price on peer-to-peer markets. Basically , bans lead to higher prices in local jurisdictions which incentivises more participation. Nigeria was forced to back track on its ban. Ask yourself, can you imagine a world without the internet and then realise that Bitcoin is the internet of money.
Its not impossible.

With respect, Id imagine a government like the US or even here, would have more control and power to do so if they really wanted too.

Close the main trading platforms like eToro, Binance, Coinbase and many woukdnt bither with the hassle.

For many, if the government did that, theyd sell up. Yes, plenty would keep and continue to look to trade, but most are buying cryptos as an investment and probably could do without the hassle.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:05 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
You're talking to Bitcoin's very own HD Eagle.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:44 AM
Seor Coconut

Neil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil 154 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Its not impossible.

With respect, Id imagine a government like the US or even here, would have more control and power to do so if they really wanted too.

Close the main trading platforms like eToro, Binance, Coinbase and many woukdnt bither with the hassle.

For many, if the government did that, theyd sell up. Yes, plenty would keep and continue to look to trade, but most are buying cryptos as an investment and probably could do without the hassle.
Can you really see the US government closing these crypto exchanges? if they did they'd also have to close JP Morgan Chase, Bank of New York, State Street, US Bank, Citibank who also offer Bitcoin custody and trading to clients.
Old 02-09-2021, 07:53 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil 154 View Post
Can you really see the US government closing these crypto exchanges? if they did they'd also have to close JP Morgan Chase, Bank of New York, State Street, US Bank, Citibank who also offer Bitcoin custody and trading to clients.

I don't think they will close them but I do think they will regulate them. That regulation will be around rules and tracking. The same way exchanges allow the buying and selling of silver or gold. It won't mean there will be no more bitcoin but will mean that the "false" valueless coins are cleaned up or not allowed to market. No, I have no idea HOW they would do this but I think they will be looking at it. Bitcoin is here to stay and whether it goes to 100,000 or whatever is another matter. Now where is Russ with our coins?

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 02-09-2021, 08:12 AM

Vicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVicmo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Governments will try and bring the industry to heal so they can tax it which is probably fair enough. I'm personally 30% BTC, 20% ETH, 25% ADA and 25% misc. You see some wild claims about where it's going to go to but I try not to listen as there's some very odd people involved in BTC. Ultimately it will go up and down wildly as it is a commodity (just happens to be digital). Fortunately it seems to be up when a lot of my stocks are down and vice versa so it tends to smooth out my portfolio which is useful. I also hold it as a hedge against the ridiculous amount of money being printed by central banks and the inflation that will bring over the coming years.