Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 24-04-2013, 01:23 PM
BBS BTC Baron

Russ_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS Murray
Just hit $150
Old 24-04-2013, 01:39 PM
BBS BTC Baron

Russ_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS MurrayRuss_uk FFS Murray
I expect it to plateau for a while now...

If I'm wrong at it rises, great ! If it starts dropping I'll be ready to act.

Either way, we're all good
Old 24-04-2013, 01:41 PM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
so is this right, we want to sell quickly when the market decreases as there is more profit made buying back in when the coins are cheaper?

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33
Old 24-04-2013, 01:52 PM
BBS BTC Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesc_24
so is this right, we want to sell quickly when the market decreases as there is more profit made buying back in when the coins are cheaper?
That's basically what I'm saying yes
Old 24-04-2013, 01:54 PM
COBBY31

jamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamesc_24 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_uk
That's basically what I'm saying yes

Ok I understand fully and that makes sense to me you'll be relieved to know

Please sponsor me for the London marathon 2015 in aid of Prostate Cancer http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...rl=jamescobb33
Old 24-04-2013, 01:56 PM
BBS BTC Baron

Quote:
Ok I understand fully and that makes sense to me you'll be relieved to know
Great! Let's hope the majority of others see it the same way.
Old 24-04-2013, 01:58 PM
Lurker

zaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Climbing steadily.

Up to $154 now.
Old 24-04-2013, 01:58 PM
BBS BTC Baron

$154 now, seams it was wrong about it plateauing.

No complaints though
Old 24-04-2013, 02:40 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_uk
Thanks wavey I've now got measures in place that should protect usif/when another crash occurs.

Morning...Well afternoon now

I didn't realize you were an iphone user, Can't help you there I'm afraid.

How dare you *slap*

Joking aside, I'm always open to debate and I'd be stupid not to listen to any ideas and suggestions if it means that our fund will increase - as thats the point of the exercise.

I agree certainly agree that buying and selling is the way to go, what I was getting at - maybe I didn't converse it properly before - Is that there are good times to do it and there are bad times. I personally think that when the market is rising like it is now, its a bad time.

For instance if we had of dumped at $134-ish as you suggested yesterday, what position would we be in now? Not a great one I would say - The market is rising and ATM there's no sign the price will drop back to $134, let alone $100.

When the market turns, then we'll sell out. That way we have a far increased chance of buying back in at a lower price.

It a case of risk to reward and I still stand by my current strategy. But this isn't an autocracy so let the debate continue if you or anyone else still disagrees

Moving on...

Price is currently $148.47, It'll be interesting when it hit's the $150 mark as I would imagine that a fair few people are planning to sell when it hits that target.....Will monitor closely.
Fair points but when I say buy back I I dont mean straight away or even in a few days. We would probably have to wait a week or more for a big enough crash to buy in.

Prices are high now bt everytime the price rises like this there is a crash. Has been like this since they started. They can never maintain massive prices for long before the market moves and people dump them.

If this was me on my own I would dump down, bask in the glory of almost doubling the pot and sitting back with my feet up for a week or so until we achieve a low enough buy back.

I genuinely dont think there is any other way of growing this quickly. BTC is a fast movi g market and I feel we are missing opportunities but this is my ow opinion and I am happy to go along with the consensus.

Anyone else want to add their 2p as it would be good to get the general opinion of the group. If we want to progress we need a poa.

Last edited by FraserH; 24-04-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 24-04-2013, 02:50 PM

Justin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJustin : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
From afar I think Russ has a far better strategy I am afraid Fraser. You all have bought into this thing because you think they are going to rocket - yet you talk about trying to make a bit extra here and there as if when you sell they are bound to fall in the short term. There is a risk you miss a huge move - why risk it?

Incidentally I have just seen some news that the President of Paypal said they may accept them in the future. I don't know if this is rehashed old news and the reason for the recent rally. But if it is new, once it gets more widespread you may have a bit of a ramp.
Old 24-04-2013, 02:52 PM
COBBY31

Its annoying (well, good in a way) that I can see benefit in both strategies. Surely people cant continue to dump at the same price, surely these massive dips cant keep happening forever and thirdly dont call me surely.

Old 24-04-2013, 02:58 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Its annoying (well, good in a way) that I can see benefit in both strategies. Surely people cant continue to dump at the same price, surely these massive dips cant keep happening forever and thirdly dont call me surely.

As I see it the massive dips will always be a feature of this type of currency because ultimately there is nothing solid to base their valuation on.

A virtual currency will always be far more vulnerable to the whims of a market that moves on the slightest speculation or rumour and since this currency is really no more than a glorified collection of electronic '1 & 0' then its always going to be like this because it has nothing, ultimately, solid to fall back on.

You buy gold, you get a gold bar you can hold, bury in the ground or even use as security against something else. It has a true asset value in itself. But these coins, well they are ultimately just a figment of an imagination.

Now given their use in the black market on the internet then people will want them but it strikes me that this will always be a roller coaster ride and whilst I can see the fun side in what you are all doing, its never going to be anything else other than extreme ups and downs.
Old 24-04-2013, 02:59 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fair enough, think I am going to slide into the background and watch from a distance for a bit anyway. I have traded forex for a bit of fun and used buy in sell out buy in quite well which is why I suggested. May be I am being greedy but if we want to make serious wedge we need t work the market imo. BTC will grow but not substantially enough in the long term to compare with the money we could make playing the market and growing our btc weekly.

Happy to side with the majority though so lets hope we hit 200 soon and it keeps growing. The excitement is too much!
Old 24-04-2013, 03:00 PM
BBS BTC Baron

I understand what your saying Fraser, I just thinks there too many ifs and buts in your philosophy where as my strategy is a far safer option.

I just don't see the point of selling out at $X when we don't know what the market is going to do next, it's too much of a gamble and not an educated one IMHO.

I do however think we have the same overall goal in mind we just differ slightly in what path to take.....It'll be a boring world if we all thought the same

As you said anyone else willing to added their opinion is quite welcome to.

P.S: I'm putting the finishing touches to the survey, I'll PM you a sneak peak later tonight so you can give me your opinion before it 'goes live'
Old 24-04-2013, 03:01 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

Quote:
These will continue to happen even if btc becomes more mainstream. Its is a volatile market which does not behave like proper forex.
Old 24-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
please god dont stick your cash into this.
Old 24-04-2013, 03:03 PM
COBBY31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69
20? I'll do that on a round of drinks.

Old 24-04-2013, 03:04 PM
BBS BTC Baron

Quote:
All the time MtGox has the monopoly on trading and Keeps getting DDoS'd there will be crashes in the market.

Is this a bad thing? Not really if you can capitalise on them. (which I plan to do)

IMHO In the future when there are more credible exchanges around, things will settle down.
Old 24-04-2013, 03:08 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

I must admit I am a bit confused Russ. Earlier in the thread you agreed with my strategy. If we are sitti g waiting for btc to hit thousands and thousands it ain't going to happen for years, if at all.

This is why the market is volatile because people are using a buy in dump and buy back to make a killing.

As I said if the majority wants to sit and wait I am happy to do it.

If we dumped at 155 we would be over 700 up ignoring fees. This woukd give us roughly 1600 in the bank. We wait for a big crash ( 2 weeks or however long it takes) and for example we buy back in at 100 we woukd have 16 btc instead of 10.9. For doing nothing other than playing market.
Old 24-04-2013, 03:08 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69
Come off it, at this level its just fine. And really interesting. I admit that I almost instinctively repulsed by this sort of development but as I finding out to my cost now, this whole internet/web thingy has changed so much in this world and I find myself wanting to learn a lot more, just so that I have a chance of being able to give my kids a heads up about it all.

Being a luddite by nature is not a big nor clever thing.