Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 19-06-2016, 07:55 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle View Post
Zaph01 , I have to stay away from Mansons or I'll literally have no money left. I live an hour from Exeter and they have 2 of the best guitar shops in the country there imho - Mansons and Project Music.

Anyway I managed to get my hands on Gaz Coombe's old Gibson es335 as a gift for my Mrs as she plays a bit and is a huge Supergrass / Gaz Coombes fan. It's obviously lovely, played hard and now with tonnes of mojo :-)

Here it is with my other favourite vintage model playing it

Very nice - Vox AC10 in the background?

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 19-06-2016, 07:57 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim of the 80's View Post

And one of these for me.
My acoustic amp is a Laney and I'm very pleased with it. It has a built in spring reverb that gives a great sound at any volume.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 21-06-2016, 12:51 PM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Nice one Tim, I've got a Laney Cub and it's a cracking amp. How does the Aria compare with the Electromatic Gretsch ? It certainly looks nice !
It's really nice, his is actually the orange finish which I think looks even better (couldn't find a decent pic). He was interested in the Streamliner which was about the same price new as this was s/h and this was miles better. I think it might be better than an electromatic as well, although I've only picked up one of those a couple of times. This has twin/single coil switching as well which I don't think the Electromatic has.
Old 21-06-2016, 06:50 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
I hope Laney have improved, because my seventies combo was a piece of shit.
Old 21-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
My Guild F512 left-handed Palace acoustic:-
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (949.5 KB, 38 views)
Old 21-06-2016, 08:27 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryhallandhisbasque View Post
My Guild F512 left-handed Palace acoustic:-
Very nice. And good to know a couple of us are lefties.
Old 23-06-2016, 07:55 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Zaph01 , I have to stay away from Mansons or I'll literally have no money left. I live an hour from Exeter and they have 2 of the best guitar shops in the country there imho - Mansons and Project Music.

Anyway I managed to get my hands on Gaz Coombe's old Gibson es335 as a gift for my Mrs as she plays a bit and is a huge Supergrass / Gaz Coombes fan. It's obviously lovely, played hard and now with tonnes of mojo :-)

Here it is with my other favourite vintage model playing it

No wonder you can get away with buying so many guitars.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:10 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Managed to get the collection out whilst it was sunny.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:17 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_Fan View Post
Managed to get the collection out whilst it was sunny.

I'm showing this to my wife then going down to Music Machine.

PS - Caption please. What's here?

Old 07-08-2016, 09:24 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sure mate.

On the stands from left to right:

ESP Snakebyte
ESP Arrow
ESP Custom Horizon
Jackson RR1
ESP USA Eclipse
EII Horizon 7 string
ESP Standard Horizon
Jackson KV2
Jackson SL2H

Laying on grass left tp right:

ESP Eclipse standard
ESP Custom Horizon
Takemine Ltd Renge So
PRS floyd custom 24
Jackson SL2H

Last edited by CPFC_Fan; 08-08-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:04 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

You do have a type.

Old 08-08-2016, 11:15 PM
The Palace Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
You do have a type.
Is guitar a type?
Old 18-08-2016, 03:43 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Here's the new Martin D-28 (with HD-35 bracing).

And a couple of pedalboard updates. I added a phaser and a Bitquest. Now my Rat has developed a fault

Old 18-08-2016, 03:49 PM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Drooling at that Martin !
Old 18-08-2016, 04:05 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Thanks AOE. It's still got that lovely nitro smell. The rosewood is really nice, but hard to photograph.

Old 18-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mmmmm , I had an HD28 once but it was so gorgeous I was scared to take it out of the house so I sold it.

I'm getting serious GAS looking at yours
Old 18-08-2016, 05:55 PM
The Palace Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
Here's the new Martin D-28 (with HD-35 bracing).

Damn dude that's a nice guitar. Expensive piece of kit too
Old 18-08-2016, 09:19 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Sweet Martin.
Old 18-08-2016, 09:33 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
I'm gonna have to go for a lie down....

SaulAlinsky
Old 26-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Correctamundo !

my guitar corner is falling into place, I've sold off a couple of high value ones that I struggled to justify and have settled on some non vintage delights that I'm not scared to take out of the house.

L to R, much maligned 2015 LP studio, '89 335, Suhr Classic T, '89 SG standard , 79 Gretsch Country Gent

Last edited by Another Oxted Eagle; 26-08-2016 at 05:55 PM.