Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 24-06-2020, 11:54 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Hoping for that Dallas Rangemaster for my birthday
Old 25-06-2020, 12:03 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Another month or so in now, progress still slow, but I am still enjoying it. Love it when I learn a new variation on one of the chords I already know and can recognise it from songs. Was playing around with D sus2/sus4 and immediately thought it sounded like You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory by Johnny Thunders. A sus2/sus4 sounds familiar too, from a Pretenders song, but I haven't worked out which one yet.
Brass in Pocket.
Old 25-06-2020, 12:32 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Brass in Pocket.
Thank you,of course it was.
Old 26-06-2020, 04:42 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito View Post
I bet it is, heard fantastic things about Engl. Your Peavey takes me back to when I had a Laney Linebacker amp. They were very similar.
Really? I had both. The Laney was very light, but sounded like a wasp in a jam jar. The Peavey packed a punch, but weighed approximately the same as a WWII tank trap.

I have a Fender Vibrolux, which is superb, but will shortly be adding a Mesa Boogie.
Old 27-06-2020, 02:46 PM
Probationary User

crawford worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittercrawford worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittercrawford worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittercrawford worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittercrawford worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittercrawford worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittercrawford worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittercrawford worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittercrawford worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittercrawford worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittercrawford worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Nice guitar!
Old 27-06-2020, 09:19 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawford View Post
Nice guitar!
Which one?

Lesson for the newbie - use the quote button underneath the guitar you like and it will post it above you comments.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 28-06-2020, 08:36 AM
Rollercoaster rider

RednBlue has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!RednBlue has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!RednBlue has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!RednBlue has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!RednBlue has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!RednBlue has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!RednBlue has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!RednBlue has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!RednBlue has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!RednBlue has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!RednBlue has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Yes. I play left handed guitars, but right handed bass upside down.
But that really came about when I was helping bands out, and used their bass equipment.
I finally bought a left handed bass a few years back, but sold it fairly quickly. I realised I'd have to relearn 45 years of playing. F**k that.
I do the opposite. I resurrected my son's old left-handed dusty, transfer-covered 1994 Epiphone SG out of the loft after I'd started taking lessons. I'm right-handed but the SG's body shape is reasonably comfortable, so I cleaned it up, fitted new pickups (Probuckers) and controls and it's quite a decent guitar - works for me anyway with a small Marshall MG10 amp. (Apologies for sideways image!!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1332.jpg (829.2 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by RednBlue; 28-06-2020 at 11:23 AM.
Old 29-10-2020, 04:31 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Just snaffled one of these for a mere £350. Looks great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201029_172740.jpg (694.8 KB, 65 views)
Old 31-10-2020, 06:15 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
New guitar day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BB15EA30-DD81-4CA0-A399-47924548DE91.jpg (713.9 KB, 51 views)
Old 31-10-2020, 06:20 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Nice, Pidster. Coincidentally, I tested a six string version of that guitar last week. Good purchase.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 31-10-2020, 07:27 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
New guitar day.
Looks good, is it a Danelectro?
Old 31-10-2020, 09:10 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
New guitar day.
Like that.
And Skint's Gretsch.

Last edited by Stellavista; 01-11-2020 at 02:56 PM.
Old 31-10-2020, 09:21 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Finally learnt how to upload photos.
My main baby...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200420_1703228.jpg (1.03 MB, 23 views)
Old 01-11-2020, 06:13 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Nice, Pidster. Coincidentally, I tested a six string version of that guitar last week. Good purchase.
Thanks, I’m very happy with it. And when the dust dies down I will be looking at a 6 string Danelectro.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:14 AM
CANDUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Looks good, is it a Danelectro?
Yep. AAA Masonite.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:16 AM
CANDUB

Quote:

My main baby...
Nice. I don’t know why they stopped making them.

BTW the photo is reversed. :-)

Last edited by Pidster; 01-11-2020 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:24 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

My main baby...
If anyone parked my guitar like that they’d get a slap !
Old 01-11-2020, 10:31 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
New guitar day.
Nice, never tried a 12 string.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:42 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Just for the picture. If I'm not playing it, it doesn't come out of the case! 1982 left-handed Yamaha SG2000. The guitar I always wanted.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:09 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
And thats why you have no friends.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.