Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 30-07-2015, 03:17 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The day is finally here. A new guitar day!

Just had to do a quick restring as the strings that came with it were old but all in all I am extremely pleased with it! My first custom shop ESP
Old 30-07-2015, 03:43 PM
Banned by Moderators

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm amazed anyone bothers buying guitars anymore. No-one really has the time, and people are only really able to learn songs or guitar pieces and make them stick, when they're young; yet the BBS is full of middle-aged blokes posting up pictures of stupidly expensive guitars, a lot of which are frankly quite ugly.

There's a very good reason why old people only play the blues. It's because it's improvised, so they can fall back on the same old crap they've rehearsed a thousand times before.

How I long for my youth when I could learn all four guitar parts on one of those 'off the record' sheet music books that used to cost a fortune. Sadly, music isn't recorded like that anymore, and if I bothered to commit a really intricate guitar piece to memory, one hard drinking session would probably undo it all.

As for the thread, I don't own a digital camera so can't show you my (shitty) guitar.
Old 30-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Slimy member

Conger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_Fan View Post
That's beautiful!
Old 30-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I have a beautiful looking Godin guitar. Moment of weakness but I can't play it (well) and so in truth a waste of money but can't bear to part with it. Weird.
Old 30-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_Fan View Post
Beautiful guitar mate
Old 30-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That's lovely , reminds me of the high end Schecters. Very nice.

I'm in the process of flogging a Gretsch and an old bass to fund the last guitar I'm going to buy for a while - a very early 1970s les paul black beauty . I'm drooling thinking about it :-)
Old 30-07-2015, 09:57 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cheers for the comments guys. The guitar plays like an absolute dream I couldn't be happier with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
I'm amazed anyone bothers buying guitars anymore. No-one really has the time, and people are only really able to learn songs or guitar pieces and make them stick, when they're young; yet the BBS is full of middle-aged blokes posting up pictures of stupidly expensive guitars, a lot of which are frankly quite ugly.

There's a very good reason why old people only play the blues. It's because it's improvised, so they can fall back on the same old crap they've rehearsed a thousand times before.

How I long for my youth when I could learn all four guitar parts on one of those 'off the record' sheet music books that used to cost a fortune. Sadly, music isn't recorded like that anymore, and if I bothered to commit a really intricate guitar piece to memory, one hard drinking session would probably undo it all.

As for the thread, I don't own a digital camera so can't show you my (shitty) guitar.
You say you're 36. You sure you're not 60?
Old 30-07-2015, 10:35 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous Coward

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Anyone?
Old 30-07-2015, 10:58 PM

krupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekrupa 2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yummy guitars guys...
Old 30-07-2015, 11:09 PM
The Palace Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyB View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Anyone?
And LTD 301 viper........ 620 currently?! **** that! Worth 200 at best. I know Captain Sensible has owned this one but to add 200% onto it's value? Oh my!
Old 02-08-2015, 09:27 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Now up to 1,240.00...

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 02-08-2015, 10:02 AM
The Palace Traveller

That is mental. Must be a lot of Damned fans out there with deep pockets.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:57 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Oxted Eagle View Post
That's lovely , reminds me of the high end Schecters. Very nice.

I'm in the process of flogging a Gretsch and an old bass to fund the last guitar I'm going to buy for a while - a very early 1970s les paul black beauty . I'm drooling thinking about it :-)
Be very careful. There's a reason that the 70's Japanese copies became so popular, and are still selling for reasonable sums now. Gibson weren't at their best in the seventies.
I own a '75 Les Paul Custom and an '76 Ibanez Les Paul Custom copy. The Ibanez is by far the better guitar. Doesn't matter how I've tweaked the Gibdon over the years, it's still playable but not great.
I am looking at cashing it in as soon as I see a decent Yamaha SG2000 for sale. Being left-handed, they don't come up very often......
Old 03-08-2015, 12:15 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Stella, did you ever buy that Reverend you were talking about a few years ago?

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 03-08-2015, 12:53 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Stella, did you ever buy that Reverend you were talking about a few years ago?
Yes, Reverend Buckshot. I see the prices for them has now gone up a bit.
I wouldn't mind giving the Charger a whirl at some point. It's a beautiful looking thang.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:41 AM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Be very careful. There's a reason that the 70's Japanese copies became so popular, and are still selling for reasonable sums now. Gibson weren't at their best in the seventies.
I own a '75 Les Paul Custom and an '76 Ibanez Les Paul Custom copy. The Ibanez is by far the better guitar. Doesn't matter how I've tweaked the Gibdon over the years, it's still playable but not great.
I am looking at cashing it in as soon as I see a decent Yamaha SG2000 for sale. Being left-handed, they don't come up very often......
Cheers Stella and yes I'm looking at 1971-72 before the Norlin take over had too much of an effect. I'd play anything first especially as personally I've found Gibsons a lot more variable than fenders or gretches (my other weaknesses). Love the sg2000 too , good luck with that
Old 03-08-2015, 03:13 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

One of these is floating around NZ at the moment - Rick Vito Signature. Way, way out of my price range, sadly.

Last edited by hughff; 03-08-2015 at 03:16 AM. Reason: used a smaller picture
Old 03-08-2015, 02:35 PM
The Palace Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post

One of these is floating around NZ at the moment - Rick Vito Signature. Way, way out of my price range, sadly.
Appears that those guitars are around 1k here. Never heard of this company before but going by their website I would say they make guitars in the more classic 50-70's style? Certainly appears that way to me.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:23 AM
The Palace Traveller

One more newbie for me and this'll be the last until January when my ESP USA comes. Never thought I'd see an Amber burst one of the Jackson SL2H but for the price I saw it for I had to have it.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:29 AM

bloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebloodfart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nice guitars! Can I join in?

Here's a few of the better/rarer ones from my pointy collection:

(L-R)
ESP GL-56 (Signature Series George Lynch)
Ibanez JEM77GMC
Jackson Custom Shop Masterbuilt Mike Shannon Soloist
Ibanez JEM77PMC

Can post some more pics if any interest

Last edited by bloodfart; 02-09-2015 at 06:33 AM.