Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 23-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
RIP Hugh Masekela

Died earlier today in Joburg, SA, age 78.

First trumpet was a gift from Bishop Trevor Huddleston. Left the country after the Sharpeville massacre and carried on making music in the US.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 23-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Send Nudes

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Damn! RIP Hugh

"People go to Brighton for various reasons. A holiday, a place to retire, a dirty weekend. You don't go there for football."
Old 13-03-2018, 02:37 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rather belatedly....,RIP Hugh Masekela, another great loss to the world of music. Was fortunate enough to have seen the great man twice at Ronnie Scotts. Consummate jazz musician with a very melodic tone, and a great storyteller to boot.
If I was forced to pick his best work, I'd go for a rather obscure set he did whilst living in West Africa and hanging out with Fela - now there's a jam session I would have given my right arm to see! Anyway, Hugh got together with a local Ghanaian band who played traditional (Akan/Ewe) percussion based folk songs, whilst he blew some sweet South African trumpet over the top...pure musical alchemy. The album is called Introducing Hedzoleh Soundz and well worth a listen.
Thank you for some great choons Hugh, you've earned your place at the very top table up there
Old 13-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A sample of his work with Hedzoleh Soundz...enjoy

Old 13-03-2018, 02:48 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Trying it again..

Old 13-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Eff it....Check out Adade by Hugh M on Youtube directly!