Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 26-04-2019, 11:39 AM

Twiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwiggy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Just homelessness in general to be honest. It's one social problem that negatively affects my everyday life (and it's a hideous problem for a city with such wealth in it). I didn't vote to leave for the record. I do think that the EU has had it's part to play in the London's homeless problem. It stands to reason really because clearly deportation for not having a job is a tricky area to apply within the union. As Europe has a policy of free movement.. perhaps it should be a problem funded and resolved with funds from the EU. I am sure london isn't the only big city with a high percentage of foreign homelessness.
..... there is a source for these comments?...about percentage of homeless being from Europe?
Old 26-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Which they can be, under powers we have, without having to leave the EU.
Fake news
Old 26-04-2019, 01:11 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
..... there is a source for these comments?...about percentage of homeless being from Europe?
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Most rough sleepers are male and UK nationals. In 2016-17 86% of rough sleepers were male and, across England as a whole, around 80% of rough sleepers were UK nationals. In London, however, just 40% were UK nationals, and almost 30% from EU member states.
Old 26-04-2019, 01:20 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Fake news
Stop troubling your braincell trying to figure right from wrong. Focus on your hatred.
Old 26-04-2019, 03:33 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Stop troubling your braincell trying to figure right from wrong. Focus on your hatred.
Well the reality of the situation suggests it might well not be possible in reality. Given that the home office tried it, lost a bunch of court cases and had to pay out a load of compensation.

At the very least homeless immigrant beggers hardly seems to be high on the agenda at brussels. I have never heard it mentioned on a european level. Perhaps because it is primarily a London issue?
Old 26-04-2019, 03:45 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Some might argue that if society sees a homeless beggar and the reaction is 'deport them' then society needs to self reflect a bit.
Old 26-04-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Some might argue that if society sees a homeless beggar and the reaction is 'deport them' then society needs to self reflect a bit.
Well in truth it's more nuanced than that though isn't it? If you are going to effectively have free movement that allows the desperate from poorer areas to migrate to London to beg and sleep on the streets. Then the solution needs to be an EU one and not suffered or paid for by the locals only. Until that happens surely the wise choice would be deportation. You are of course welcome as an individual to intervene and not stand on the side lines questioning "societies approach".
Old 26-04-2019, 04:36 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
My thoughts exactly HP. The last time we had a significant homeless problem in London with places like Cardboard city at Waterloo station, there had been cuts to everything under a decade of Tory rule.
When labour came to power the homeless problem was almost eradicated overnight.
Greedy people who think only of acquiring more material goods will only ever find excuses to the unfair society they benefit from, the current popular one being the EU....more lies spread by a far right press.
The homeless problem is purely down to UK government policy towards housing, benefits and tax......and a society (who voted them in) which likes to look down on an underclass of people who havnt been as successful as they have
Old 26-04-2019, 05:18 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
There's a thing, you don't see a homeless beggar, you only see a beggar. You assume they are homeless, if homeless means rough sleeper you are most likely wrong.

Anyway what is the point of allowing someone to come to Britain to beg on the streets.
Old 26-04-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
My thoughts exactly HP. The last time we had a significant homeless problem in London with places like Cardboard city at Waterloo station, there had been cuts to everything under a decade of Tory rule.
When labour came to power the homeless problem was almost eradicated overnight.
Greedy people who think only of acquiring more material goods will only ever find excuses to the unfair society they benefit from, the current popular one being the EU....more lies spread by a far right press.
The homeless problem is purely down to UK government policy towards housing, benefits and tax......and a society (who voted them in) which likes to look down on an underclass of people who havnt been as successful as they have
All very “student grant” and I do have some sympathy and support for the theory. Exactly why I said exactly that in my earlier post (society should take care of its poorest). However I am not entirely sure it covers the whole problem. Unless you think housing foreign nationals, treating their addiction and mental health etc. Is the responsibility of the uk tax payer. I don’t think it is unless they are seeking asylum.

Once again you are welcome as an individual to hand over your own money to support foreign people that are living in poverty.
Old 26-04-2019, 06:06 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well in truth it's more nuanced than that though isn't it? If you are going to effectively have free movement that allows the desperate from poorer areas to migrate to London to beg and sleep on the streets. Then the solution needs to be an EU one and not suffered or paid for by the locals only. Until that happens surely the wise choice would be deportation. You are of course welcome as an individual to intervene and not stand on the side lines questioning "societies approach".
Did they move to London to beg and sleep on the streets? Or did they move to London for a job that fell through, or with their wife and kids before she kicked him out etc etc. The reasons they are on the streets is often more nuanced than travelling beggars.

The solution to prevent travelling beggars is already in Eu law. We just don’t track when and where people come in and enforce an ID card system like other Eu nations already do.

I already do help the homeless as an individual and I would feel quite uncomfortable if the charity I support discriminated based on nationality when directly supplying assistance.
Old 26-04-2019, 07:03 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Did they move to London to beg and sleep on the streets? Or did they move to London for a job that fell through, or with their wife and kids before she kicked him out etc etc. The reasons they are on the streets is often more nuanced than travelling beggars.

The solution to prevent travelling beggars is already in Eu law. We just don’t track when and where people come in and enforce an ID card system like other Eu nations already do.

I already do help the homeless as an individual and I would feel quite uncomfortable if the charity I support discriminated based on nationality when directly supplying assistance.
Agree 100 %
Old 26-04-2019, 07:13 PM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Agree 100 %
Really, what charities do you support.
Old 26-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Apres vous.

It will be quicker.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:06 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fake news
My god, you really know **** all.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:16 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
SSAFA and RAFBF and my wife supports the Royal Marine Charity.

We contribute tenner a month for all three. I know it is not a lot and I would love to contribute more so maybe one day
Old 26-04-2019, 08:20 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
All very “student grant” and I do have some sympathy and support for the theory. Exactly why I said exactly that in my earlier post (society should take care of its poorest). However I am not entirely sure it covers the whole problem. Unless you think housing foreign nationals, treating their addiction and mental health etc. Is the responsibility of the uk tax payer. I don’t think it is unless they are seeking asylum.

Once again you are welcome as an individual to hand over your own money to support foreign people that are living in poverty.
Scro... you have generally described students, beggars and foreign nationals in perjorative terms linked to remaining in the EU, I.e. that they have mental health, addictions and should not be the responsibility of the UK taxpayer and have previously described the hate crimes, xenophobia and murders of lyra McKee and jo Cox as some kind of overhyped hysteria.
You have also lauded the economic 'reality' of the employment numbers conveniently ignoring the reality of zero hour contracts, fiddling of the employment figures, child poverty and that independent analysis of leaving the EU already shows a shortfall in GDP growth of £60billion.
All the while you talk about the 'whole' problem and an almost pretentious claim to be pro- remain once in your life.
The reality it seems is that you really don't give a sh!t about those who will lose their jobs at Honda, Nissan etc, nor care about the homeless, nor those innocent EU migrants who pay more tax than you only to have their lives turned upside down by the most stupid vote in post war UK history....and then you try to portray it as some kind of left wing student idealism that is just intended to tax you more. It selfish, it's stupid, its racist and it's disingenous.
You don't fool me.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:23 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
SSAFA and RAFBF and my wife supports the Royal Marine Charity.

We contribute tenner a month for all three. I know it is not a lot and I would love to contribute more so maybe one day

Good for you and your mrs.
Old 26-04-2019, 08:28 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post

Good for you and your mrs.
Cheers, my father in law was a Royal Marine and passed away in Service so that charity means a lot to me Mrs.

Old 26-04-2019, 11:32 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:

Why do you immediately link foreign nationals, addiction and mental health together? It's a bit strange.