Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 18-05-2019, 03:27 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
The Smiths.

They're the greatest band that's ever been.

Argue away...
Old 18-05-2019, 03:43 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Old 18-05-2019, 03:47 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Old 18-05-2019, 03:51 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Certainly one of them for me.
Old 18-05-2019, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
You're not taking his seriously now Les are ya?
Old 18-05-2019, 04:09 AM

Johnny Marr takes you away to a magical place.
Old 18-05-2019, 04:29 AM

Old 18-05-2019, 04:58 AM

You should probably ignore me because this is my favourite song of all time...

Old 18-05-2019, 07:17 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Got me into music as a 13 year old so the Smiths are the most important band for me.

Seeing Johnny Marr next Saturday. Don't have a lot of time for Morrissey these days.
Old 18-05-2019, 08:10 AM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Depends on what greatest means, but for me certainly up there with mt favourites
Old 18-05-2019, 05:51 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
They're not, but 'The Queen is Dead' is a fabulous album. Underrated rhythm section.
Old 18-05-2019, 05:57 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Fabulous lyrics and guitar work, but Morrissey is a hideous individual.
Old 20-05-2019, 03:28 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Fabulous lyrics and guitar work, but Morrissey is a hideous individual.

Not true, just very different. I understand that grates with some.

The Smiths are my second favourite band of all time. When it comes to creating a truely ground breaking sound, then I can’t think of many competitors. To have a top guitarist in Marr, painting these gorgeously skilful and evocative landscapes and Morrissey applying in his own totally unique style, thought provoking and beautifully poetic words over the top...it’s breathtaking and unrivalled stuff. It’s like William Wordsworth and Lowry getting together to merge their unique talents into this one whole.

I can understand why some just can’t get past Moz’s voice...Mrs Bubbs thinks he’s out of tune...to me, his voice hits the spot and sounds fantastic. Bloody tragedy The Smiths only lasted 5 years and have been yearning for a Morrissey/Marr reunion ever since. Apparently just a few years ago they actually met up again to discuss such a thing, but nothing came of it; rumoured that Moz didn’t get back in touch with Marr after the meet despite Marr feeling it went positively.

As people, I actually have a lot more time for Morrissey than Johnny. I find Marr quite difficult to listen to in interviews - seems lost in his own ‘right on’ rock and roll superstar persona.

Of course, Morrissey is the definition of a Marmite character. I think he is a truely unique individual and talker. I’ve always enjoyed listening to people that are off the beaten track - just make life less dull and more colourful. It has been my long held belief that Morrissey has high functioning autism (Aspergers). The fact he is so different and totally at ease with that; the ‘odd’ and unique way he talks; his encyclopaedic grasp of the English language and just his general awkward and socially strange mannerisms; the fact that he doesn’t bond with other humans so comfortably, just point towards the syndrome for me. Might be totally wrong.

I think he’s one of those people, whether others want to accept it or not, whose legend will loom very large once gone.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 20-05-2019, 04:14 AM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Funny enough been listening to the Q is D on vinyl only yesterday. Has a major scratch in it though.
I preferred Johnny Marr in The The who IMHO are the better band along with The Bunnymen who have nothing to do with Johnny Marr or the Smiths
Old 20-05-2019, 06:21 PM

marantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemarantz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Undoubtedly a very good band but nowhere near the greatest band of all time they didn’t evolve soundwise I don’t think they compare to radiohead massive attack of faith no more to name three bands who really pushed their sound forwards in a five year spell
Old 20-05-2019, 08:27 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
The Smiths 1983-87 are definitely comparable and up there with the greatest bands ever.

Poetry set to music. Hilarious at times, poignant too.

Just a brilliant and original set up. Nothing like them before and nothing since.

And I'm not even a huge fan but I appreciate near genius when I hear it. Some of their tracks are 10/10 and the duff ones you can count on one hand.

The Queen is Dead is in my top 10 albums ever.
Old 20-05-2019, 09:10 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Without the Smiths there would be no Stone Roses, Oasis, Blur, Pulp to name but a few
Old 20-05-2019, 09:31 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Without the Smiths there would be no Stone Roses, Oasis, Blur, Pulp to name but a few
Hmmmm. Go on. You interest me, strangely.
Old 20-05-2019, 09:35 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Sauce.
Old 20-05-2019, 09:53 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by marantz View Post
Undoubtedly a very good band but nowhere near the greatest band of all time they didn’t evolve soundwise I don’t think they compare to radiohead massive attack of faith no more to name three bands who really pushed their sound forwards in a five year spell
Yes.